Windows 10: Multiple boot options after WIN32K_POWER_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT_BSOD

Discus and support Multiple boot options after WIN32K_POWER_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT_BSOD in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hey, windows 10 pro, fully patched. Using asus zenbook ux534ftc. Extrenal Hardware: - docking station with sound jack and keybored connected. -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by R.C.13, Oct 9, 2020.

1. R.C.13 Win User

Multiple boot options after WIN32K_POWER_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT_BSOD

Hey, windows 10 pro, fully patched.

Using asus zenbook ux534ftc.

Extrenal Hardware:

- docking station with sound jack and keybored connected.

- HDMI screen conncted.

- Bluetooth mouse.

After using the pc for quite long time with high cpu usagehigh fan speed, debugging VM on vmware with windbg, i closed the lid and just before it went to sleep i opend it again and the i got BSOD with an error WIN32K_ POWER_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT_BSOD.

I let it turnoff but when i powerd it on again i got multiple boot options when they are the same.

Its obvious that i can just delete those options from msconfig for example. I am curiouswhat caused those options to appare?

Attaching some screenshots..

The bcdedit output is the same, when i have duplicated options of the same bootloader on the same partition ..

Thanks in advance,

Ran.

Multiple boot options after WIN32K_POWER_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT_BSOD 26e500db-e9e4-466b-b3d5-b63e5bb4f50b?upload=true.png Multiple boot options after WIN32K_POWER_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT_BSOD 6032097c-2579-4b33-a5d1-5dae3a2a5e77?upload=true.jpg

:)

R.C.13, Oct 9, 2020
  2. Josef Bri Win User

Re: All boot options are tried...

Hi Elda,

If the boot sequence didn't work, then we suggest try running the laptop in safe mode. To do this, here's a few steps to follow:

• Power down your laptop.
    • Turn it back on again.
    • When you turn it back on, press F8 repeatedly until the power on option appeared.
    • If you see the boot option "Safe Mode with Networking", choose that option.
    • See if you can boot up in Safe mode.

We'll look forward to your response.

Josef Bri, Oct 9, 2020
  3. ram93 Win User
    laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Oct 9, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Oct 9, 2020
Thema:

1. Multiple boot options after WIN32K_POWER_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT_BSOD - Similar Threads - Multiple boot options

2. No boot options after creating Windows dual-boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No boot options after creating Windows dual-boot: I used to have a dual-boot with Manjaro and Win10 1909, but decided to stick with Windows for the time being and removed the dual boot and deleted the Manjaro partition. However, Manjaro still appeared in my boot options. I recently tried to create another dual-boot with 2...
  3. No boot options after creating Windows dual-boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No boot options after creating Windows dual-boot: I used to have a dual-boot with Manjaro and Win10 1909, but decided to stick with Windows for the time being and removed the dual boot and deleted the Manjaro partition. However, Manjaro still appeared in my boot options. I recently tried to create another dual-boot with 2...
  4. No boot options after creating Windows dual-boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Multiple monitor setup: Problem after boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple monitor setup: Problem after boot: I have a 2-monitor setup and I have had this problem for a while:I usually go with the same picture for wallpaper on each screen which works nicely when I set it up, cf. picture 1. However, after shutdown and new boot the wallpaper on monitor 2 is almost always misaligned,...
  6. Multiple monitor setup: Problem after boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple monitor setup: Problem after boot: I have a 2-monitor setup and I have had this problem for a while:I usually go with the same picture for wallpaper on each screen which works nicely when I set it up, cf. picture 1. However, after shutdown and new boot the wallpaper on monitor 2 is almost always misaligned,...
  7. Boot options with multiple drives.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Boot options with multiple drives.: Question for you guys from basically a Windows rookie. I have been on linux and osx for about 15 years now so a lot of stuff has changed. I was recently given a new work laptop with win10 to use from home and was actually pretty happy because of the nice size screen on it....
  8. Boot options

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Boot options: While restarting laptop.. Press to ESC key was not working. after staring the windows ESC and other F series keys are working. however, attaching of external keyboard there is no problem with ESC or F series keys.. kindly response as soon as possible....
  9. Windows 10 doesn't boot after selecting original boot option in advance boot options

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 doesn't boot after selecting original boot option in advance boot options: My PC was running normal but then after I selected the original boot option in the advanced boot options then it requested me to restart my PC after which it is unable to boot and goes on in a loop of automatic repairs I have tried troubleshooting but that doesn't work , I...
  10. Problems on boot option after installing Windows 10 on SSD (confuse situation, multiple...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problems on boot option after installing Windows 10 on SSD (confuse situation, multiple...: I've bought a new Lenovo 330 laptop with Windows 10 and a SSD. I wanted to move Windows 10 to the SSD. I've created an installation media and installed Windows 10 on the SSD. After I installed it, the next time i booted the laptop, there was a screen asking me to choose...