Windows 10: Multiple boot problems with Windows.

Discus and support Multiple boot problems with Windows. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, So I decided to upgrade my PC's CPU and motherboard a few weeks back. Ever since I've been having problems with my PC. I don't know if it's the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Ali EfeDereli, May 30, 2020.

1. Multiple boot problems with Windows.

Hi,

So I decided to upgrade my PC's CPU and motherboard a few weeks back. Ever since I've been having problems with my PC. I don't know if it's the new hardware or not but every test I do seems to say it's not about the hardware and that they're fine. I can't see any performance dips either.

So, my problems include:

• When I boot my PC, it goes on to give me a BSOD saying "ntoskrnl not found". It becomes a loop no matter if I press enter or F8. They both send me back to the same message after it flashes for a split second. The only way to get into my PC is by pressing the power off button for 5 seconds and when it closes, hoping for not seeing the same message after powering on. After I power on again, I see my PC opens up lights on the case etc. but there is no signal to neither the monitor nor the keyboard/mouse. This goes away when I press the restart button on my case after which my PC finally boots up normally. PS. Sometimes on the ntoskrnl loop, it says there's another file missing "winload"? I don't get that as often and when I press enter on that it gives me the ntoskrnl message again.
    • When I try to fix these errors by advanced troubleshooting in advanced startup menu by using the cmd option, it doesn't open giving me another BSOD loop, this time giving me the error code "0xc0000098" and saying "windows32/config/system is not found" or something like that. It also says something along the lines of "There is no registry in registry book" it might be saying something different, I'm not using Windows on english so please forgive my translation if it's wrong.
    • Sometimes when It try to restart the computer it gives this message with a black screen: "the file is possibly corrupt the file header checksum does not match the computed checksum". When I looked up this error online, nearly every source I found said there's a problem with either my RAM or the RAM slots on my motherboard.

I tried the fixes below:

• I tried running sfc /scannow but it says there's nothing wrong with the pc.
    • I tried running chkdsk command but to no avail.
    • I tried running some command from advanced startup troubleshooting command prompt but it gives the BSOD I listed above.
    • I also tried a clean install from a USB boot drive but that didn't fix it either.
    • I ran windows memory test on all my slots and all my RAM modules one by one. It only said there's a problem with the hardware on the first try when I didn't plug anything out before. After that, I started plugging out my RAM modules and started to put them in all the slots one by one, then putting both of them in the slots but the memory test says there's no problem on none of the tests.

I feel like I've done everything there's to do. Nothing I try works. What is the problem with my PC?

:)

Ali EfeDereli, May 30, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, May 30, 2020
  3. GNJha Win User
    Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, May 30, 2020
  4. ram93 Win User

Multiple boot problems with Windows.

laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, May 30, 2020
Thema:

Multiple boot problems with Windows.

1. Multiple boot problems with Windows. - Similar Threads - Multiple boot problems

2. Multiple monitor setup: Problem after boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple monitor setup: Problem after boot: I have a 2-monitor setup and I have had this problem for a while:I usually go with the same picture for wallpaper on each screen which works nicely when I set it up, cf. picture 1. However, after shutdown and new boot the wallpaper on monitor 2 is almost always misaligned,...
  3. Multiple monitor setup: Problem after boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple monitor setup: Problem after boot: I have a 2-monitor setup and I have had this problem for a while:I usually go with the same picture for wallpaper on each screen which works nicely when I set it up, cf. picture 1. However, after shutdown and new boot the wallpaper on monitor 2 is almost always misaligned,...
  4. Windows 10 Multiple Problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Multiple Problems: I've been having a problem since I built my computer 6 years ago where it will shut off randomly under load. Like no blue screen just turns off instantly. It started happening a lot more recently so I got a new PSU thinking it was that. It helped but it still happens, just...
  5. Multiple Problems.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Multiple Problems.: Good day, guys!May someone help me? Aside from the problem while booting and sometimes a sudden blue screen, I have this problem with my laptop, that I can't install any software and says that I have no admin rights eventhough my user is an administrator. Also, I can't update...
  6. multiple problems

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    multiple problems: Tried to change phone number on MS account but no access for a month,so tried to cancel but verification code won`t type in can't create new account as when I try to buy something it only goes to page where access is denied.Would like to cancel account and get a new one.Help...
  7. Multiple Problem with Windows updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Multiple Problem with Windows updates: Hello I have a Lenovo ideapad 330 which I purchased October 2018. Six months after purchasing my laptop I had to get Windows rebooted because the system had crashed. Currently I have multiple issues with the Windows updates since February of this year. My laptop has been...
  8. Multiple problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Multiple problems: I think this all relates to the 1909 upgrade but have reverted to 1903 and the problems persist. Problem 1. My Epson XP-720 printer is now listed as a "Device" and as such will not print unless I load the print queue and then restart the computer. Problem 2. The computer...
  9. Multiple Problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Multiple Problems: After having some hard disk issue. It turned out that my hard disk cable connection was lose. Now i can boot to my windows 10 normally. But i am experiencing many issues at the same time: 1. cannot open Computer Management 2. cannot perform sfc /scannow "Windows Resource...
  10. Multiple problems with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Multiple problems with Windows 10: I seem to be locked in an endless stream of hurt here. The startup list doesn't show up - I can't start Cortana. I can access command stuff through Win-R and type in the CMD line. I can download from the internet - but not open anything I download - when I try I get "The...