Windows 10: Multiple BRCM-DMS:2 under Devices and Printers

Discus and support Multiple BRCM-DMS:2 under Devices and Printers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I can't find anything useful about this. I have 3 listings of just BRCM-DMS:2 all from Broadcom Corporation that are shown as Windows Media Player... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JamesHibbs, Oct 3, 2019.

1. Multiple BRCM-DMS:2 under Devices and Printers

I can't find anything useful about this. I have 3 listings of just BRCM-DMS:2 all from Broadcom Corporation that are shown as Windows Media Player Compatible with the same model # 68778345001, no hardware listed, and UPnP listings of the same serial #'s, MAC and IP addresses, but different unique identifiers.

Another BRCM-DMS:2 from Microsoft is shown as Windows Media Player Sharing model # 12.0, hardware listed as a software device under my email and computer name, a different serial # than the others, no MAC address, and a different IP address and unique identifier than the others.

I know it has to do with file sharing. So, are the 3 Broadcom devices a security threat I need to remove? If so how? I saw another post saying they keep popping up again after right clicking to delete them.

Thanks for any help.

Jim Hibbs

:)

JamesHibbs, Oct 3, 2019

2. BRCM-DMS:3 is Back!

It is April 4, 2018 and after about a year, the BRCM-DMS:3 is back.

I ran SFC and then Check Health, Restore Health again.

No errors found.

I'm not sure what to do now.

I looked to place this issue under "Devices and Printers" but didn't see it listed, so I put it under "Devices and Drivers".

ronaldcduke, Oct 3, 2019
  3. Rey Cam Win User
    BRCM-DMS:2?

Hi,

BRCM-DMS:2 is a file-sharing functionality built into a video/ audio player.

This concern is more complex than what is typically answered in this forum. Since it is most likely that this is more of an engineering issue,it would
    be best to redirect you to a dedicated team that may have an in-depth knowledge
    about it. Please check
    Microsoft Development Network Forum (MSDN).

For additional reference, you may also check BRCM-DMS:2 HEY MICROSOFT- WE NEED A
    REAL ANSWER!!! What is this??.

Feel free to post back should you have further concern.

Rey Cam, Oct 3, 2019
  4. Multiple BRCM-DMS:2 under Devices and Printers

B.J. Monaco, Oct 3, 2019
Thema:

Multiple BRCM-DMS:2 under Devices and Printers

1. Multiple BRCM-DMS:2 under Devices and Printers - Similar Threads - Multiple BRCM DMS

2. Pages of bluetooth devices called BRCM-DMS:3 that are not connected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pages of bluetooth devices called BRCM-DMS:3 that are not connected: I have pages and pages showing this bluetooth device called BRCM-DMS:3 and they all say they're not connected. Too many to count. What is causing this and what's a good way to get rid of them? Thanks...
  3. Pages of bluetooth devices called BRCM-DMS:3 that are not connected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pages of bluetooth devices called BRCM-DMS:3 that are not connected: I have pages and pages showing this bluetooth device called BRCM-DMS:3 and they all say they're not connected. Too many to count. What is causing this and what's a good way to get rid of them? Thanks...
  4. No response from devices under `Printers & scanners`

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No response from devices under `Printers & scanners`: Under `Printers and Scanners`, I see the following devices: * Fax * HP PSC 750 * Microsoft Print to PDF * Microsoft XPX Document Writer * OneNote No matter which one I click on, I am presented with the same two buttons: `Open queue` and `Manage`. No matter which button...
  5. No printer drive available for Printer under Devices and Printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No printer drive available for Printer under Devices and Printer: Under printers and devices, my printer shows "no driver available" Is this why my fax isn't working? Microsoft did a complete update recently and fouled up many settings..... ***Modified title from: Under printers and devices, my printer shows "no driver available" Is...
  6. Multiple Duplicates in Devices and Printers

Multiple Duplicates in Devices and Printers: In Devices and Printers and under Multimedia Devices, there are multiple icons for multimedia devices. I deleted the excess copies once and left one of each there and they all came back. Any idea on how to stop this behavior? [img] 131583
  7. Multiple Genie Media Servers under Devices and Printers – Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Multiple Genie Media Servers under Devices and Printers – Windows 10: new Genie Media Server appears in the multi-media section of Devices and Printers. There must be 30-40 of them listed. It says that this is a problem on W8 but I have W10. So how can I fix this? ***Title modified from: Windows 10 & Netgear Genie***...
  8. "Devices and Printers" Multiple (same) printers listed

"Devices and Printers" Multiple (same) printers listed: In "Devices and Printers," I have ended up with multiples with the same name. How do I delete the duplicates from the dropdown list? Thank you. 112317
  9. Multiple (duplicate) printers listed in "Devices and Printers"

in Windows 10 Support
    Multiple (duplicate) printers listed in "Devices and Printers": In "Devices and Printers," I have ended up with multiples with the same name. How do I delete the duplicates from the dropdown list? Thank you. 112317
  10. HP printer showed under unspecified devices.

HP printer showed under unspecified devices.: I installed drivers from windows update in add a printer. Driver installed but whenever I connect the printer it shows in unspecified devices in devices and printers and I am not able to print. please help. thanks. [img] 102617

Users found this page by searching for:

1. brcm-dms:2

2. brcm-dms

3. why brcm dms-2 keep coming up

4. 68778345001,
  5. broadcom model 68778345001,
  6. broadcom corporation brcm-dms-2,
  7. driver update brcm-dms:2,
  8. driver update for brcm-dms:2,
  9. brcm-dms:2 help,
  10. what is brcm-dms:2,
  11. what is brcm dms 2,