Windows 10: Multiple BSOD after closing Dota 2 along with computer failure to on

Discus and support Multiple BSOD after closing Dota 2 along with computer failure to on in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; BSOD occurs when i was surfing the internet after closing my Dota2, Stop Code: IRQL_NOT LESS_OR_EQUAL Went online to search for answers and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Anax, Dec 4, 2016.

1. Anax Win User

Multiple BSOD after closing Dota 2 along with computer failure to on

BSOD occurs when i was surfing the internet after closing my Dota2,

Stop Code: IRQL_NOT LESS_OR_EQUAL

Went online to search for answers and thought maybe i should reset my pc keeping files, did that and still getting BSOD while windows is resetting.
    Had multiple BSOD and all with different error codes.

Would appreciate any help as I tried to read the dmp files created during the errors but failed to access them

:)

Anax, Dec 4, 2016

2. Dota 2 crashes after launching

After I installed the windows 10 anniversary update version 1603 and till now, Dota 2 has been crashing all the time when it is launched. I've tried Clean Boot, re-installing Dota 2 and steam app and making sure my laptop doesn't have virus, it doesn't
    help at all. My computer only crashes when I launched Dota 2. Everytime it crashed, I have to force shutdown my laptop. This is really frustrating, is there any helpful solutions to my issue?

David LimJY, Dec 4, 2016
  3. BSOD when starting DOTA 2

Hi,

BugCheck 9C, {0, ffffc501a4d91920, 0, 0}

Probably caused by : Unknown_Image ( ANALYSIS_INCONCLUSIVE )

Troubleshoot blue screen errors <-- read this link

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

1. This is often a thermal issue (excessive heat). However it is also possible for a component to have become too sensitive and fault when heat levels are normal.

Update the BIOS, low level chipset drivers, and other major device drivers (see methods below).

3. Check the memory thoroughly using the methods below.

4. There could be CPU, Power Supply, or other hardware issues.

5. Check with the CyberPower and MSI (Motherboard Maker) and the major device makers' sites.

BiosVersion = E1791ICP.10B

BiosReleaseDate = 05/08/2015

SystemManufacturer = CYBERPOWER Corporation

SystemProductName = FANG

BaseBoardManufacturer = Micro-Star International Co., Ltd.

BaseBoardProduct = MS-1791

BaseBoardVersion = REV:0.B

CyberPower - Support

Support

MSI Support

MSI Global

MSI - Downloads (BIOS and Drivers)

MSI Global

MSI - Forums

MSI Global English Forum - Index

MSI - Service

MSI USA

MSI - Live Update On-Line

MSI Global

MSI - Contacts - Set to North America - USA

MSI Global

6. Check with a real computer shop (one that does its own in-shop service) or the System Maker's Support.

7. After doing ALL you can try running Driver Verifier to see if it indicates a cause.

================================

Troubleshoot blue screen errors <-- read this link

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

BCCode: 9C 0x0000009C

Besides the above this could be heat related (thermal hardware problems) so remove ALL power and reseat the cards, memory, and cables (on both ends when possible) - actually remove and replace - do not just snug. Clean out the dust bunnies and be sure
    the vents are clear. Try using a small fan blowing into the intake to see if heat is an issue. Electronic components or sensors can be overly sensitive to heat even if the temperature is in the normal range.

BCCode: 9C 0x0000009C <-- read this link

MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION

----------------------------------------------------------

This is my generic how to for proper driver updates :

This utility makes it easy to see which versions are loaded : Run DriverView -

set VIEW to Hide Microsoft drivers - update those without Dump in their

names. (also update the BIOS and low level chipset drivers)

DriverView - Free - utility displays the list of all device drivers currently loaded

on your system. For each driver in the list, additional useful information is

displayed: load address of the driver, description, version, product name,

company that created the driver, and more.

DriverView: Loaded Windows Drivers List

For Drivers check System Maker as fallbacks and Device Maker's which are the

most current. Control Panel - Device Manager - Display Adapter - write down

the make and complete model of your video adapter - double click - Driver's

tab - write down the version info. Now click Update Driver (this may not do

anything as MS is far behind certifying drivers) - then Right Click - Uninstall -

REBOOT this will refresh the driver stack.

Repeat that for Network - Network Card (NIC), Wifi, Sound, Mouse and

Keyboard if 3rd party with their own software and drivers and any other

major device drivers you have.

Now go to System Maker's site (Dell, HP, Toshiba as examples) (as rollback)

and then Device Maker's site (Realtek, Intel, Nvidia, ATI as examples) and get

their latest versions. (Look for BIOS, Chipset and software updates at System

Maker's site while there.)

Download - SAVE - go to where you put them - Right Click - RUN AD ADMIN -

REBOOT After each installation.

Always check in Device Manager - Drivers tab to be sure the version you are

installing actually shows up. This is because some drivers rollback before the

latest is installed (sound drivers particularly do this) so install a driver - reboot

- check to be sure it is installed and repeat as needed.

Repeat at Device Makers - BTW at Device Makers DO NOT RUN THEIR SCANNER

– Check manually by model.

Manually look at manufacturer's sites for drivers - and Device Maker's sites.

How to Find and Download Drivers

====================================================

Memory tests do not catch all errors such as mismatched memory (possible even

for sticks that appear to be identical) and when faster memory is placed in system

behind slower memory. So it is best to also swap sticks in and out to check for

those even if all memory tests fail to show a problem.

To test RAM check here - let it run 4+ hours or so. <-- best method

www.memtest.org

MemTestX86 - Test RAM With

MemTest86+ - Test RAM

For the Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool.

Type in Cortana's search box -> Windows Memory Diagnostics

at top of list - click it. in Windows 8/8.1/10 the name is "Windows Memory

Diagnostic".

================================================

After doing ALL the updates you can, and if the issue continues, then run

DriverVerifier.

Driver Verifier can help find some BSOD issues :

Using Driver Verifier to identify issues with Windows drivers for advanced users

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/244617

How To Troubleshoot Driver Problems in Windows Vista or 7. (8/8.1 and 10

are essentially the same).

http://www.winvistaclub.com/t79.html

Using Driver Verifier

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/li...448(v=vs.85).aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

WINKEY + X - RUN - type in -> verifier /reset hit enter to disable

Use BlueScreenView to see if there is a driver specified in the error message.

Also check with MyEventViewer at the time of the BlueScreen.

If DriverVerifier creates a minidump upload it and post the link here so we can

analyze it.

Hope this helps.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rob Brown -
    Microsoft MVP
    <- profile - Windows and Devices for IT : Bicycle - Mark Twain said it right.

SpiritX MS MVP, Dec 4, 2016
  4. lifetec Win User

Sadly your DM Log collector Tool does not have dumpfile(s) inside.

Please check if your system is configured for collecting dumpfiles. (6. To have Windows Create a Small memory dump (Minidump) File on BSOD
    If you are using CCcleaner or similar Apps please uncheck deleting dumpfiles option.
    BSOD Minidump - Configure to Create in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Are your network drivers up to date.?

lifetec, Dec 4, 2016
  5. Anax Win User
    Before resetting my pc, i saw the .dmp files, didnt use CCcleaner or any similar apps after I reset it. will try looking for the dumpfiles and attach here again.

Edit: i just checked mine was set to automatic memory dumpfiles. I just had it changed to mini dumpfiles. hopefully no BSOD after the reset but will put a new updated folder in this thread should i encounter one.

Anax, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Multiple BSOD after closing Dota 2 along with computer failure to on - Similar Threads - Multiple BSOD closing

2. Dota 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dota 2: Is anyone else here having any issues running Dota 2 and getting reduced performance in comparison to Windows 8.1? I'm getting extremely low fps often to the point of it being a slide show, where I was getting a stable 40 fps in Windows 8.1. Have tried both graphics...
  3. Dota 2 Stuttering

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dota 2 Stuttering: Am I the only one experiencing stuttering in Dota 2 with Windows 10? I have the latest NVIDIA Graphics driver and I'm using GEFORCE GT 740M. 16088
  4. BSOD when clicking on Dota 2 icon

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when clicking on Dota 2 icon: Hello I recently upgraded my Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. It's working fine despite it has a few small issues that bearly bother me. Except one. Whenever I press the icon of Dota 2 BSoD suddenly appears, my computer restarts after a decade and this happends over and over...
  5. Frequent BSOD while laying dota 2

Frequent BSOD while laying dota 2: Hello! I Frequently get BSOD when I play DOTA 2. I am just using an APU and I can play without problems sometimes. Can someone help me figure out what is wrong? Thank you in advance for the help. 77758
  6. BSOD When i play DOta 2

BSOD When i play DOta 2: During nearly every match my game would freeze and cause a machine check exception, just happends in dota, I can play other games Like GTA V without issue, but Dota. First I thought it was overheat issue cuz the temperature was at 65°, now i boosted my fans and i got 50°...
  7. BSOD after closing CS:GO or Dota 2

BSOD after closing CS:GO or Dota 2: I tried everything and anything known to man, but I still get these freezes after I close CS:GO for example. It doesn't happen every time, but once a day, it freezes and i have to hard reset the computer. I've reset my windows without keeping the files (so I believe that's...
  8. BSOD playing Dota 2 WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

BSOD playing Dota 2 WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR: I bought this Lenovo Ideapad Y700-15ISK laptop in September, got the occasional BSoD until I updated BIOS. Today I got 4-6 of these BSODs with the WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR while trying to play Dota 2. I have previously run multiple programs, perhaps I've overworked the...
  9. BSOD playing dota 2

BSOD playing dota 2: Guys help me please... My laptop keep Bsod especially when playing dota 2 I got different BSOD everytime 1. irql_not_less_or_equal 2. system service exception dxgmms1.sys 3. dpc watchdog violation and many many more... Here is my minidump : Dropbox - minidump...
  10. BSOD While Playing dota 2

BSOD While Playing dota 2: Hi there. i've been getting this blue screen Death for couple of days , i've never experienced this before , i am using windows 10 pro 64bits, i've changed the whole windows for the BSOD but still i keep getting the blue screen while playing dota 2, any help woulAttachment...