Windows 10: Multiple BSOD, different causes every time, please help.

Discus and support Multiple BSOD, different causes every time, please help. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I have multiple BSOD that are completely random in time I can get one in a month, several in a week, etc.. Here is the .log in my WhoCrashed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Chemfu, Oct 29, 2020.

1. Chemfu Win User

Multiple BSOD, different causes every time, please help.

Hello,

I have multiple BSOD that are completely random in time I can get one in a month, several in a week, etc.. Here is the .log in my WhoCrashed so you can see my problem:

On Thu 29/10/2020 12:39:59 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\102920-5515-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe nt+0x3F45A0
    Bugcheck code: 0x1E 0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0x0, 0x8, 0x0
    Error: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
    file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
    product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    company: Microsoft Corporation
    description: NT Kernel & System
    Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode program generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.
    This might be a case of memory corruption. This may be because of a hardware issue such as faulty RAM, overheating thermal issue or because of a buggy driver.
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Sun 25/10/2020 16:56:14 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\102520-5296-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe nt+0x3F45A0
    Bugcheck code: 0xA 0x1, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF801736E231E
    Error: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    Bug check description: This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above. This is a software bug.
    This bug check belongs to the crash dump test that you have performed with WhoCrashed or other software. It means that a crash dump file was properly written out.
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Mon 19/10/2020 19:40:19 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\101920-5953-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: hardware.sys hardware
    Bugcheck code: 0x1000007E 0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF8017F66BB49, 0xFFFFF30D49AE74A8, 0xFFFFF30D49AE6CE0
    Error: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M
    Bug check description: This indicates that a system thread generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.
    This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
    A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: hardware.sys .
    Google query: hardware.sys SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M

On Mon 14/09/2020 23:22:19 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\091420-6296-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe nt+0x3F3EA0
    Bugcheck code: 0x1E 0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF80340AE0170, 0x0, 0x1
    Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode program generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.
    This might be a case of memory corruption. This may be because of a hardware issue such as faulty RAM, overheating thermal issue or because of a buggy driver.

On Sat 22/08/2020 17:42:36 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\082220-6312-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe nt+0x3DDF40
    Bugcheck code: 0x1E 0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF801718FAFBE, 0x0, 0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

On Sat 18/07/2020 21:22:40 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP
    This was probably caused by the following module: win32kbase.sys 0xFFFFD8D69F2BCAE5
    Bugcheck code: 0x7F 0x8, 0xFFFFC681B753D030, 0x0, 0xFFFFD8D69F2BCAE5
    Error: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP
    file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\win32kbase.sys
    product: Sistema operativo Microsoft® Windows®
    description: Controlador de kernel Win32 básico
    Bug check description: This bug check indicates that the Intel CPU generated a trap and the kernel failed to catch this trap.Double Fault, indicates that an exception occurs during a call to the handler for a prior exception. Most often this is caused by a software problem kernel stack overflow but this can also be caused by a hardware problem.
    The crash took place in a Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

Also, I'll include a .zip with the Mini-dump files if needed.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkCW-SlVk0yqwH3V-IpknXfg7-Vm?e=28LyJm

I am at a complete loss as to what could be causing this, it's a different reason every single time, I have also used driver verifier on multiple occasions as well, I have tested my ram, have tested my hard drive, have tested my temps, everything seems to be working perfectly fine from a hardware perspective.

Thanks in advance. Regards.

:)

Chemfu, Oct 29, 2020
  2. buncieboy Win User

Multiple BSODS with different errors, caused by ntoskrnl.exe

Wow thats a lot of usual causes!

Just to clarify / remove some things of that list, as mentioned the RAM has passed memtest multiple times, none of my hardware is OC'd, BIOS is fully up to date.

As far as I'm aware this is because its the single ram speed, and with it being DDR its 800*2=1600, I could be mistaken though?

As for the slots basically I was having BSOD's whenever any module was installed in one of the channels, so I had to move both modules over to the other channel, and this seemed to fix it, however I can move them back around to see what happens.

As for the memory I could have sworn I saw it on the supported list a while ago, ill check with the vendor of my PC.

Thanks for all the help Multiple BSOD, different causes every time, please help. :)

So whats the next step?

buncieboy, Oct 29, 2020
  3. Various BSOD Errors Help

Hey all,

I've received multiple BSOD errors the past 2 days after rebuilding my PC. I've been trying to figure out the issue.

These are the few BSOD messages I remember seeing:

• DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION (multiple times)
    • CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED (one time)
    • IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (one time)
    • WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (multiple times)
    Here's a link to the dmp files and system information: WindowsIssue

Steps I've taken:

• fully updated drivers
    • applied all Windows updates
    • Removed unnecessary hardware
    • Monitored CPU/GPU temps (log file on temps during last crash in share)
    Any help would be appreciated.

brando8924, Oct 29, 2020
  4. Jasten Win User

Getting multiple different BSOD crashes tried MANY things

I cannot do the last three steps because they take too long and my computer BSOD's every time.

Multiple BSOD, different causes every time, please help. [​IMG]

All of the rows in the health tab said ok.

New crash dmp files.
    Dump files.

Jasten, Oct 29, 2020
Thema:

1. Multiple BSOD, different causes every time, please help. - Similar Threads - Multiple BSOD different

2. BSOD different errors every time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD different errors every time: Hello, I encountered a BSOD yesterday and it kept appearing just a few moments after windows login. Errors have mostly been something about memory management for example kmode_exception_not_handled, attempted_write_to_readonly_memory, critical structure corruption, driver...
  3. Multiple BSOD Caused by Different Sources

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple BSOD Caused by Different Sources: I bought a lenovo legion 7i gen 7 about a month ago and I was getting a BSOD on multiple occasions during startup. Every time it happened the laptop would restart and then boot normally. I tried to fix it many times, and originally I was getting that the problem was from...
  4. Multiple BSOD Caused by Different Sources

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple BSOD Caused by Different Sources: I bought a lenovo legion 7i gen 7 about a month ago and I was getting a BSOD on multiple occasions during startup. Every time it happened the laptop would restart and then boot normally. I tried to fix it many times, and originally I was getting that the problem was from...
  5. Multiple BSODs every day with different errors each time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Multiple BSODs every day with different errors each time: I've been encountering about 5-6 blue screens a day with different reasons, which has been quite annoying when I'm in the middle of doing something important. If anyone could suggest any solutions or causes that would be great, thanks. DMP files:...
  6. Multiple daily BSOD (so far different every time)

Multiple daily BSOD (so far different every time): Windows version: 21H1 (OS Build 19043.1055) I have been getting several BSODs for half a year which prompted me to switch to Linux so I could continue my studies, it's important to note that even Linux froze and became totally unresponsive (not even the NumLock/CapsLock...
  7. Multiple BSOD Errors - Every time it is a different one!

Multiple BSOD Errors - Every time it is a different one!: I have an Acer Predator PH-315-53 was working perfectly fine when it had the fresh installation of the Windows 10 software. After a few months I started receiving BSOD's and it would conveniently occur either directly after or a few days later from a windows update. The...
  8. BSOD multiple different reasons every time

BSOD multiple different reasons every time: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Akfx8HuXFhS3gRccczRC0SbOMxJ_?e=fCugGu above is the mycloud link to my minidump files. it started when my OS was on a failing old 500gb HDD, so i brought a new MOBO with M.2 slots and installed the OS onto an M.2 SSD, the problem got worse, so i just got a...
  9. BSOD multiple times in different applications

BSOD multiple times in different applications: I've experienced multiple BSOD's in a while now. It occurs several times every day. I thought it was an issue with my graphics card, since it often occured using Adobe Illustrator and other GPU needing applications. Today I replaced my graphics card and I got a BSOD a few...
  10. Getting different multiple BSODs, please help

Getting different multiple BSODs, please help: I recently upgraded my PC and I recently started getting BSODs during my gaming time. Please help me identify the issue, I attached the rar of my dumpfile EDIT: After posting this thread I received a SECOND BSOD on a different issue. EDIT: I keep getting crazy amounts of...