Windows 10: Multiple BSOD Errors - Brand New Computer (2 Days)

Discus and support Multiple BSOD Errors - Brand New Computer (2 Days) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I recently just purchased a brand-new gaming computer. I received the computer December 15, 2017 and since then (2 days) I've been plagued with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by dalston0, Dec 16, 2017.

1. dalston0 Win User

Multiple BSOD Errors - Brand New Computer (2 Days)

I recently just purchased a brand-new gaming computer. I received the computer December 15, 2017 and since then (2 days) I've been plagued with multiple BSOD error codes. The 2 most frequent error codes that I get are "BAD_POOL_HEADER" and "MEMORY_MANAGEMENT". I don’t have many programs installed being as this is a new computer, but errors have been popping up when doing regular internet browsing, folder navigation, and gaming.
    I've run memtest86 and windows memory diagnostics check to see if I was getting any RAM errors. An older version of memtest86 spotted numerous RAM errors. The newer version of memtest86 did not spot any errors. I was contributing the insane amount of error codes from the first memtest86 to not being able to recognize newer technology or bugs with the program that have since been updated with the newer version (correct me if I am wrong). The newer version of memtest86 and windows memory diagnostics check both came back negative (showed no error with ram). I've updated my mouse, keyboard, audio, monitor, graphics, and SSD (firmware) to the latest drivers. I could not get the latest BIOS drivers (2-3 weeks newer than what I currently have) due to an error about 64bit windows. I've uploaded the most recent (since the 16th) minidump files (via Bluescreen Viewer) and some pictures detailing the BSOD's that I have been getting (spanning the 15th to today). Also included is some system and build information.
    Version: 10.0.15063 Build 15063
    System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
    System Model: Z370XP SLI
    System Type: x64-based PC
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 3701 MHz, 6 Core(s), 12
    BIOS Version/Date: American Megatrends Inc. F4, 9/22/2017 SMBIOS Version: 3.0
    HD1 (Main): 128GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX S10 PCIe M.2 SSD
    HD2: 500GB Samsung EVO 850
    Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-Z370XP-SLI ATX
    RAM: 16GB (8GBx2) GSKILL Trident Z DDR4/3000 MHz
    Video: EVGA GeForce(R) GTX 1070 Ti iCX

The minidump files and some pictures of the BSOD's that I have bene getting can be found here:

BSOD – Google Drive

I appreciate any help in this matter! Thank you!

**EDIT: I decided to run memtest while typing this post and it seems to have found errors with my memory. It is still running but I am currently at 18878000+ errors.**

:)

dalston0, Dec 16, 2017
  2. Dalston0 Win User

Multiple BSOD Errors - Brand New Computer

Update:

I re-ran memtest and was plagued with multiple errors again. I decided to try the hardware and take one ram module out (1x8GB) and test each separately. The first ram module I tried would not allow me to boot into the windows login screen. I tried again
    and it would not allow me to boot past the bios screen. I removed this module and tried the other (trying to narrow down whether it was a RAM module or a RAM slot). The 2nd ram module had booted everything up. I ran memtest on this module and no errors were
    shown. I have since been running fine with no BSOD since. Thank you for all of your help!

TLDR: The BSOD issues seem to have been caused by faulty hardware (RAM Module). I am running on 1 stick as the other is at the manufacturer being replaced. No BSOD issues noted since 12/17/2017.

Dalston0, Dec 16, 2017
  3. Dalston0 Win User
    Multiple BSOD Errors - Brand New Computer

Andre,

I disconnected my SSD. Booted my system. Began to install Steam (to play a game and try and stress the computer) and during installation a BSOD appeared. "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL"

Here are most recent minidump files:

121717-1115AM.zip

Dalston0, Dec 16, 2017
  4. zbook New Member

zbook, Dec 17, 2017
  5. dalston0 Win User
    My apologies about that. Please see below for the log collector .zip

dalston0, Dec 17, 2017
  6. Reset the unit and if still the same send it back. there should be no need for faffing with a brand new unit *Smile

kingtez1984, Dec 17, 2017
  7. dalston0 Win User
    Update:

I re-ran memtest and was plagued with multiple errors again. I decided to try the hardware and take one ram module out (1x8GB) and test each separately. The first ram module I tried would not allow me to boot into the windows login screen. I tried again and it would not allow me to boot past the bios screen. I removed this module and tried the other (trying to narrow down whether it was a RAM module or a RAM slot). The 2nd ram module had booted everything up. I ran memtest on this module and no errors were shown. I have since been running fine with no BSOD since. Thank you for all of your help!

TLDR: The BSOD issues seem to have been caused by faulty hardware (RAM Module). I am running on 1 stick as the other is at the manufacturer being replaced. No BSOD issues noted since 12/17/2017.

dalston0, Dec 29, 2017
  8. zbook New Member

With replacement RAM it is usually best to have matching pairs (SKU).
    Make sure that you test the hardware.
    When possible please post images of the test results into the thread.

What is the status of the drive corruption?
    When possible please post the progress of the steps in post #4.

zbook, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Multiple BSOD Errors - Brand New Computer (2 Days) - Similar Threads - Multiple BSOD Errors

2. Multiple BSOD error code, multiple BSOD a day

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple BSOD error code, multiple BSOD a day: Hello,I have formatted my entire computer and my multiple disk, reset the BIOS to default setting, updated the BIOS, updated all driver, still, everyday I get multiple BSOD error.Here is the lift in order of the most common to the least;1. MEMORY_MANAGEMENT2....
  3. Multiple BSOD error code, multiple BSOD a day

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple BSOD error code, multiple BSOD a day: Hello,I have formatted my entire computer and my multiple disk, reset the BIOS to default setting, updated the BIOS, updated all driver, still, everyday I get multiple BSOD error.Here is the lift in order of the most common to the least;1. MEMORY_MANAGEMENT2....
  4. Multiple BSOD error code, multiple BSOD a day

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 10 BSOD Errors, brand new computer.

Windows 10 BSOD Errors, brand new computer.: I recent built my first new computer, and since day 1 I've been getting BSOD's. and personally im not entirely sure what the problem is. If anyone here could help me out i'd appreciate it. This has been plagueing me since december, When I run a game it's fine, but randomally...
  6. Multiple BSODs a day on new build

Multiple BSODs a day on new build: Windows Version 20H2 (OS Build 19042.685) I built a new rig about a month ago and kept the same OS installation. Not more than a few days later I began to get a lot of BSODs. After much trial and error i finally caved and did a fresh Windows installation. The BSODs became...
  7. Multiple BSOD a day

Multiple BSOD a day: Hello, I have built my first pc and I have had some problems but mostly have solved them, but throughout this entirety I have been plagued by BSOD. This honestly has been a real reason on why I don't really use my new desktop. Most of the time the codes read...
  8. Multiple BSoD on a brand new laptop, each with diffrent error

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Multiple BSoD on a brand new laptop, each with diffrent error: As stated in the title I got a laptop (Acer Aspire 5 a515-54g) 2 weeks ago, as I have burned my mobo. Laptop was brand new, without Windows I have used USB to install W10 Home (still not activated, I got key at dorm I'm currently with family until the end of month). Since...
  9. Brand New Computer... BSOD multiple times every day since its purchase.

Brand New Computer... BSOD multiple times every day since its purchase.: Hey all. Normally I'd consider myself pretty computer literate, but for the life of me I can't figure out what the problem is here. Maybe someone can help me. I have a brand new computer made by a local company. Actually two identical-in-every-way computers, one for myself...
  10. Brand new Computer BSoD Help

Brand new Computer BSoD Help: I had a brick and mortar boutique help me spec out and build a computer, I picked it up yesterday and it wasn't until later at night when it began Blue Screening when playing some games, particularly Blade and Soul. Of course the boutique is closed on Sundays and I'm trying...