Windows 10: Multiple BSOD for many years

Discus and support Multiple BSOD for many years in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; OK. That's it! Enough is enough! I have an Asus laptop that is plagued with BSODs almost since I bought it a little over 3 years ago will never buy... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RonanPaixao, Jan 11, 2021.

1. Multiple BSOD for many years

OK. That's it! Enough is enough! I have an Asus laptop that is plagued with BSODs almost since I bought it a little over 3 years ago will never buy Asus again!. I have moderate-to-advanced experience with computers, but have zero experience with kernel hacking.

So, how can I debug where the problem is? I have been unable to find the problem so far, because the problem seems to shift and the dumps point mostly tontoskrnl.exe or ntkrnlmp.exe.

Here's what I have already tried so far:

1. Updated all drivers.
    2. Ran the System File Checker tool.
    3. Reinstalled Windows was Windows 10 Home.
    4. Removed one RAM module couldn't remove the other since it is soldered to the motherboard.
    5. Ran Windows Memory Diagnostic.
    6. Ran MEMTEST86.
    7. Ran CheckDisk AKA chkdsk in both online and offline modes.
    8. Used the Driver Verifier with standard, maximum and custom configurations some configurations would crash the system so badly that it wouldn't show the BSOD nor create dump files. The time I got it to crashand register is shown as a "SPECIAL_POOL_DETECTED_MEMORY_CORRUPTION" 0xc1 BugCheck.
    9. Upgraded Windows 10 from Home edition to Pro.
    10. Installed an SSD and moved the system to it, installing from scratch from an external USB drive with clean Windows install from Microsoft without Asus' drivers the only driver I installed was nVidia's.

For most steps above, there was at least one BSOD between it and the next step.

The usual suspects are:

1. VMWare drivers I also use it for work, but it appears that using it increases the likelihood of a crash, but I can't really quantify that.
    2. nVidia drivers or card too bad I can't replace it on a laptop!.
    3. Memory corruption even though I did run many memory tests.
    4. Hard drive or swap corruption unlikely to occur after I changed to the SSD, and unfortunately it would be a big disturbance if I removed the original drive, which has many of the files that I use for work.
    5. Network drivers after I saw the ndis.sys BSOD. I also switched to using cabled network instead of Wi-Fi, but it changed nothing.
    6. USB 3.0 drivers: I used the WhoCrashed utility and found that there were some reports in the C:\Windows\LiveKernelReports folder pointing to bugcheck 0x144 BUGCODE_USB3_DRIVER, but the reports are fewer than the BSOD and the timestamps do not match them.

Note: I use plain Windows Defender Antivirus.

Note 2: The crashes show up even with the computer idle at night I avoid suspending due to the crashes.

Note 3: During activity, I have experienced crashes in random activities e.g. using drawing programs, opening a selection box in Firefox, typing in Word.

Note 4: I do have an external monitor attached to the laptop, which may increase the BSOD if the reason is the video driver/card.

I have also accumulated almost a year's worth of Minidumps and Memory dumps. I have scripted and parsed theDumpChk utility unfortunately, it is much less powerful since Windows 10, and built the attached spreadsheet.

Note 5: I have ran some dumps with WinDbg with the `!analyze -v` command. Didn't get much farther output seems almost the same as dumpchk.

:)

RonanPaixao, Jan 11, 2021
  2. Linney Win User

Multiple BSOD

Bug Check 0x1A: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT

Bug Check 0x1A MEMORY_MANAGEMENT - Windows drivers

MEMORY_MANAGEMENT BSODs, accompanied by occasional app crashes/GPUTDR.

MEMORY_MANAGEMENT BSODs, accompanied by occasional app crashes/GPUTDR.

The relevant Parameter appears to be 0x41284 which means, A PTE or the working set list is corrupted, which in itself means nothing to most of us poor Windows users. I still wonder if this is not just bad RAM?

Is it possible to remove one stick of RAM for testing purposes and then test all sticks one at a time (that's is you have multiple sticks of RAM, otherwise it is a daft suggestion on my part).

Linney, Jan 11, 2021
  3. herrshaun Win User
    [SOLVED] Multiple random BSODs, all pointing to the kernel

No BSODs yet but I haven't been playing World of Warcraft which I suspect to be a possible cause.

Was the driver verifier step necessary or just a suggestion?

herrshaun, Jan 11, 2021
  4. Multiple BSOD for many years

BSOD when coming out of sleep, multiple error codes

Thanks for the assistance, I've run all the necessary steps. It looks like there might be an issue found when running that first command. I have also installed all the driver updates recommended by the dell support check.

You can find the logs of the command prompt window in the cmd.log file

cmd logs.txt
    Multiple BSOD for many years [​IMG]

sakilo1990, Jan 11, 2021
Thema:

Multiple BSOD for many years

1. Multiple BSOD for many years - Similar Threads - Multiple BSOD many

2. multiples BSOD with many reasons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    multiples BSOD with many reasons: Hey, I'm writing here because i'm a little bit desperate, as I tried many tutorials in order to "fix" my computer....I encounter many BSOD with many reasons last one was resource not owned, ntoskrnl.exe, fltmgr.sys, ... I passed all the tests lenovo diagnostic tool tell me...
  3. multiples BSOD with many reasons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    multiples BSOD with many reasons: Hey, I'm writing here because i'm a little bit desperate, as I tried many tutorials in order to "fix" my computer....I encounter many BSOD with many reasons last one was resource not owned, ntoskrnl.exe, fltmgr.sys, ... I passed all the tests lenovo diagnostic tool tell me...
  4. Multiple DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSODs in the past year

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSODs in the past year: I've been having this problem for the past year or so and it's starting to get really annoying. My PC has crashed multiple times with the same BSOD. It would really help if someone will be able to identify the cause.My specs:CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X not overclockedGPU: AMD...
  5. Multiple DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSODs in the past year

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSODs in the past year: I've been having this problem for the past year or so and it's starting to get really annoying. My PC has crashed multiple times with the same BSOD. It would really help if someone will be able to identify the cause.My specs:CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X not overclockedGPU: AMD...
  6. Multiple DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSODs in the past year

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Getting multiple different BSOD crashes tried MANY things

Getting multiple different BSOD crashes tried MANY things: Hello, I am having issues with my pc. When I use it, I get the blue screen of death with stop codes saying page_fault_in_nonpaged_area (i get this one the most), irql_not_less_or_equal, and unexpected_kernal_mode_trap, KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED, and more. I have reseated my...
  8. Constant BSOD for years

Constant BSOD for years: I've been suffering from constant and frequent BSOD on my home built PC. The local computer shop was unable to find any specific issues with the components during testing, but after they returned it, the BSOD continued. I have read fix-it articles and forum posts. I have...
  9. Many PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA BSODs happening recently to multiple computers

Many PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA BSODs happening recently to multiple computers: Hey Microsoft community, long time lurker first time poster here. I'm having some trouble recently with multiple BSOD's happening to a number of my users recently. They have all been receiving the same blue screen error message, that there was a PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA...
  10. Multiple BSOD's for a year now, many windows-reinstalls didn't help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple BSOD's for a year now, many windows-reinstalls didn't help: Hello everyone, After having BSOD's for over a year now, and trying several options, I turned to this channel as a last hope option. I purchased my PC over two years ago - assembled In Store. It was an Intel Core I7-5930K, H110GT cooling, 32GB Corsair vengeance LPX DDR4...