Windows 10: Multiple BSOD issues after adding RAM to laptop

Discus and support Multiple BSOD issues after adding RAM to laptop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have an ASUS ROG G751JL that came with 8GB of RAM from the factory. It was upgraded to Windows 10, from Windows 8.1. The laptop has four memory... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Lord Chabelo, Oct 10, 2016.

1. Multiple BSOD issues after adding RAM to laptop

I have an ASUS ROG G751JL that came with 8GB of RAM from the factory. It was upgraded to Windows 10, from Windows 8.1. The laptop has four memory slots, 2 easily accessible and 2 very hard to reach. I added two sticks of 8 GB on the easy to access slots (1 and 3) with the original 8 GB on slot 4. Ever since then I get the following BSOD errors; MEMORY_MANAGEMENT, BAD_POOL_HEADER, KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED and KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE at random. It could be browsing the net, playing a video game, watching a movie or just being on without anyone using the laptop.

I tried running Windows Memory Diagnostic, but no matter what option I choose (restart now or run on next restart) the diagnostic never occurs, I just get a black screen. I tried using memtest86, but the laptop wont boot it up from a CD or USB, I just get a black screen every time I tried to use memtest86. I tried using the change advanced startup option but I get the same issue, just black screen. I tried the bootable CD on another laptop and memtest86 ran fine. I will try checking the new memory sticks on a different laptop. Aside from faulty memory modules, the RAM is the exact same model and has the same voltage and timing specs as the one that came with the laptop from the factory.

I tried running with just 16 GB, tested both memory sticks on both slots (1 and 3) but I got the same issues.

Anyone know how to get Windows Memory Diagnostic or memtest86 to run? If there is no issue with the memory modules, anyone know how to get the laptop to work properly with the extra RAM? Any way to find out if the extra RAM must go on slot 2 first?

:)

Lord Chabelo, Oct 10, 2016

2. Windows 10 BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, after last big update patch

Original Title: Windows 10 after last big update patch

Hello,

I recently updated my Windows 10 to the newest patch. After that I got two BSODs in two days. The explanation was MEMORY_MANAGEMENT

I after a week with no errors I added another RAM stick to my laptop (Corsair Value 4gb) yesterday, since then I get BSOD every time I turn on the laptop.

Also before the last BSOD I tried to run memtest, but it failed instantly.

Latest BSOD is IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL which I could find a meaning for.

Could you help me ? Is this a problem from the last patch and memory management of windows or should I try to change RAM?

ThanasisDoulgeris, Oct 10, 2016
  3. My laptop is getting multiple BSODs frequently

Hi, my laptop is getting multiple BSODs, when using the operating system or while on startup, the codes are:

MEMORY_MAGNAMENT

BAD_POOL_HEADER

KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

SYSTEM_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

The most common are MEMORY_MAGNAMENT, KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

My computer was diagnosed that it has one RAM Slot (of the 2 it has) broken, so the technichian re installed Windows 10 anyways, it was fine until yesterday
    when i started getting multiple BSODs frequently, I tried changing the RAM to another I have, same thing.

Oh and by the way, my USB port works (with problems) on Windows, but when I try to boot my USB from the BIOS the USB doesnt show there.

I dont think its a driver issue because before that problem i was using Windows 10 and it was working fine, also my laptop has official Windows 10 drivers,
    it's a Lenovo G405.

Oh and also my DVD Drive stopped reading disks, it still turns on but it reads nothing.

What is happening?

Daniel1998x, Oct 10, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

Multiple BSOD issues after adding RAM to laptop

Remove both of the memory modules you added, does it run then?

Ztruker, Oct 12, 2016
  5. Yes it does, the extra memory runs fine on another laptop by the way.

Lord Chabelo, Oct 12, 2016
  6. Ztruker Win User
    Are the two you added the same as the one that was installed? Sometimes mixing memory causes problems.

Do as instructed here: Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

We'll see what that shows us.

Edit: The alternative is to get 2 more like the new ones then install all 4, the easy and hard to replace ones.

Ztruker, Oct 12, 2016
  7. Yes they are, same manufacturer, same model number, same voltage, same speed, same everything.

Lord Chabelo, Oct 12, 2016
  8. Ztruker Win User

Ztruker, Oct 13, 2016
  9. Lord Chabelo, Oct 17, 2016
  10. Ztruker Win User
    Last dump from 10/10 at 6:54PM shows these problems?

Code: fffff800`9f29afc8 fffff809`91085690Unable to load image \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\partmgr.sys, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for partmgr.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for partmgr.sys partmgr+0x5690[/quote] This belongs to Partition Management Driver or Partition Manager belongs to software Microsoft Windows Operating System. Unlikely to be the cause of a problem.

Code: fffff800`9f29afe8 fffff809`91e31be0Unable to load image \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\rdyboost.sys, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for rdyboost.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for rdyboost.sys rdyboost+0x1be0[/quote] Are you using Readyboost with a USB flash drive? If so, stop and see if that helps.

Code: fffff800`9f29b6d8 fffff809`911e6918Unable to load image \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\iaStorA.sys, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for iaStorA.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for iaStorA.sys iaStorA+0x6918[/quote] This belongs to Intel Matrix Storage Manager driver or Intel RAID Controller or Intel AHCI Controller by Intel. You can try the Intel drivers listed for Win 10 on the ASUSTek web site: ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Driver & Tools - G751JL

Also indicates memory_corruption. Painful though it may be I suggest you move both of the new memoru modulees to the internal, harder to get to slots and leave out th4e other 8GB module, then test and see how that goes. If okay then you can try installing the old 8GB module in the easy access slot and see how that goes. If problems remove it and stay with the 16GB.

Otherwise run memtest86+ (note the +). You will probably have to enable CSM for this to boot, just disable it when done.

===================================================
    RAM:

Follow this tutorial: MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Multiple BSOD issues after adding RAM to laptop [​IMG]
    Information

MemTest86+ is a diagnostic tool designed to test Random Access Memory (RAM) for faults. MemTest86+ will verify that:

• RAM will accept and keep random patterns of data sent to it
    • There are no errors when different parts of memory try to interact
    • There are no conflicts between memory addresses

Memtest86+ runs from bootable media to isolate the RAM from the system, no other components are taken into account during the test.

Warning MemTest86+ needs to run for at least 8 passes to be anywhere near conclusive, anything less will not give a complete analysis of the RAM.

If you are asked to run MemTest86+ by a Ten Forums member make sure you run the full 8 passes for conclusive results. If you run less than 8 passes you will be asked to run it again.

Note MemTest86+ has been known to discover errors in RAM in later passes than the eighth pass. This is for information only; if you feel there is a definite problem with the RAM and 8 passes have shown no errors feel free to continue for longer.

Running 8 passes of MemTest86+ is a long and drawn out exercise and the more RAM you have the longer it will take. It's recommended to run MemTest86+ just before you go to bed and leave it overnight.

Ztruker, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Multiple BSOD issues after adding RAM to laptop - Similar Threads - Multiple BSOD issues

2. BSOD error after adding new HDD and RAM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD error after adding new HDD and RAM: Hi everyone,Before, my pc only has an ssd and a ram stick. Then I decided to buy hdd and another ram stick. And few days later, my pc is encountering blue screens. I tried the the dism, sfc, updating drivers but I'm still encountering it. I have this issue since few weeks...
  3. BSOD error after adding new HDD and RAM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD error after adding new HDD and RAM: Hi everyone,Before, my pc only has an ssd and a ram stick. Then I decided to buy hdd and another ram stick. And few days later, my pc is encountering blue screens. I tried the the dism, sfc, updating drivers but I'm still encountering it. I have this issue since few weeks...
  4. BSOD error after adding new HDD and RAM

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. BSOD/RAM Issues

BSOD/RAM Issues: Hi everyone,Recently I went through a load of troubles getting my PC to launch windows. After a day of trouble shooting I managed to get it to boot a clean install. But I now have two new issues:1 Sometimes I will get Blue Screened when launching my PC, the last code I got...
  6. BSOD/RAM Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD/RAM Issues: Hi everyone,Recently I went through a load of troubles getting my PC to launch windows. After a day of trouble shooting I managed to get it to boot a clean install. But I now have two new issues:1 Sometimes I will get Blue Screened when launching my PC, the last code I got...
  7. BSOD after adding a new RAM module

BSOD after adding a new RAM module: Hello, I added a new RAM module on my laptop because I needed more capacity, but now I'm having these issues: I'm experiencing some BSODs, especially DRIVER OVERRUN STACK BUFFER and DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL ones. Also, sometimes appears some colorful blocks/lines on the...
  8. Windows 10 - BSOD and strange issues after adding ram

Windows 10 - BSOD and strange issues after adding ram: Hi, Hope someone can "shine" some light on astrange issue i am having here with RAM: My Pc Specs are: Motherboard: MSI Z370M Gaming Pro AC CPU: Intel Core i7 8700K Now i have currently 16GB (2 x 8GB) of G-Skill Ripjaw V DDR4 3200 i decided to add some more memory so...
  9. BSOD after I've added RAM

BSOD after I've added RAM: I've gone through memory testing, nothing found. In following troubleshooting guidelines here, I've gotten to the step of uploading my DMP files to OneDrive, and they are linked here: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AiEl75rCfH_cgadXjXpKXBXfInahTw Please assist me in analyzing the...
  10. Multiple Issues After Resetting Laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Multiple Issues After Resetting Laptop: Hi, I recently reset my laptop and since then I've been experiencing a whole host of issues: Windows search bar doesn't work Shop app won't open Won't allow me to change location settings Clock/calendar on my toolbar is unresponsive when I click on it Any ideas what...