Windows 10: Multiple BSOD on new PC, most recent Watchdog Violation 0x00000101

Discus and support Multiple BSOD on new PC, most recent Watchdog Violation 0x00000101 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I hate headscratchers, but it looks like this is one. I built my new PC a few days ago now, and for the first day it's been working fine, however... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by mosfetsforabrain, Feb 5, 2019.

1. Multiple BSOD on new PC, most recent Watchdog Violation 0x00000101

I hate headscratchers, but it looks like this is one.

I built my new PC a few days ago now, and for the first day it's been working fine, however yesterday it started throwing BSOD errors, and they have continued into today.

The newest bug check code is 0x00000101, for which I attached the minidump file. However, the first two were both 0x00000133, followed by a 0x00000050 and then for good measure a 0x0000001e. All of these pointed to the windows kernel ntoskrnl.exe, and the first and last also referenced hal.dll.

It should be noted that the first two occurred on a mild overclock of my 9900k using the overclocking tool provided by my motherboard manufacturer, easytune (it's a gigabyte board). This software provided what looked like a mild overclock of 5.2 ghz all cores, but with no voltage increase. I initially assumed the BSOD were caused by the CPU not having enough voltage to sustain the clock, but after I disabled the overclock and set the processor back to factory defaults the BSOD's continued, now throwing different codes. Temp on all cores never exceeded 42 degrees Celsius on the overclock. Memory was and still is running to xmp profile rated spec.

To compound onto this, the first BSOD was thrown while windows was newly formatting my HDD secondary drive. I have also noticed a weird behavior with my USB drive as well. When I plug it into my computer, it is identified as a local disk, and windows doesn't give an option to eject it in file explorer or on the taskbar. When I plug the same drive into my laptop, it is also identified as a local disk, doesn't give the ability to eject in file explorer, but does give the ability to eject on the taskbar. I only noticed this behavior after the first BSOD and the failure of the HDD to be formatted.

The only other concurrent thing to these first errors being through was the installation of Logitech gaming software, which is running concurrent with corsair iCUE and Malwarebytes. These initial errors were thrown when the above mentioned USB drive was plugged in and being accessed, but the newer erros, including the 0x00000101 were thrown without it plugged in.

As for the diagnostics I've done up to now, I have completed both a windows memtest and a chkdsk with no errors or issues detected. I've also checked a good portion of problematic drivers in device manager, and all of them are up to date according to windows (I crosschecked this with my motherboard manufacturers website, and found newer dated drivers there however, let me know if this would be the next logical troubleshooting step). After seeing the first few BSODs I updated my graphics card driver as well, but this has seemingly not changed anything as evidenced by the further BSODs. Finally, the motherboard BIOS is up to date, as I updated it to the latest revision before installing windows. After posting this I'm going to run memtest86+ for a few hours to see if that finds anything.

As this is a new PC, I have no issues with doing a clean reinstall of windows. However, I figured I should troubleshoot as much as possible before doing that in case there is another underlying problem/incompatibility.

Here is the most recent minidump file: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkWQZIYv6oMIoCJEWuTEmrAN1XIa

Other BSOD's are gone from minidump, nut please let me know if you'd like to see the memory.dmp file capturing them all as well.

:)

mosfetsforabrain, Feb 5, 2019

2. BSOD DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION

According to what I found from your minidump file, ndis.sys is caused this
    DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION BSOD error on your Windows computer.It's a
    NDIS 6.20 Wrapper Driver and installed onto your computer through Windows Update. As far as I know, you have installed new Windows updates lately.

You can uninstall those updates out of your computer, restart your PC and check again the result. Remember to do these steps in Safe Mode.

For more solutions to fix DPC watchdog violation BSOD error in case the above method doesn't work, check it out the following link below:

https://usefulpcguide.com/17082/dpc-watchdog-violation/

JokerKingLove, Feb 5, 2019
  3. brandonwh64, Feb 5, 2019
  4. Multiple BSOD on new PC, most recent Watchdog Violation 0x00000101

BSOD- DPC Watchdog violation

BSOD - DPC watchdog violation how to fix?

JamesJagow, Feb 5, 2019
Thema:

Multiple BSOD on new PC, most recent Watchdog Violation 0x00000101

1. Multiple BSOD on new PC, most recent Watchdog Violation 0x00000101 - Similar Threads - Multiple BSOD recent

2. BSOD Watchdog Violation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD Watchdog Violation: So I've been dealing with this issue for a month or so. I can't be certain but I believe it's tied to a Microsoft update.I've rolled back drivers on my graphics card, I've tried uninstalling updates on windows. I have re installed windows 10, seemed stable for a bit and then...
  3. BSOD Watchdog Violation

BSOD Watchdog Violation: I have been having this issue for a while now everytime i run an emulator like ldplayer/bluestacks. I had asrock b450 hdv with ryzen 5600 before, and a lot of people had the same issue saying it was the mobo problem. So I changed my mobo to msi b550 gaming plus, and although...
  4. BSOD Watchdog-Violation.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Watchdog-Violation.: Hi, my computer recently has been having BDOS issues.. Ive done ChkDsk, updated driver, reinstalled GPU drivers, RAMCHK, all coming back clear.. Reinstalled to a prior date and to that had it crash 3-4 times consecutively. i was able to get a copy of the Dump files for those...
  5. BSOD - Watchdog Violation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD - Watchdog Violation: I have constant BSOD since 3 days ago. I've tried uninstalling recent software and drivers, but still have the same problem.Can anyone help me?this is the minidumphttps://1drv.ms/u/s!AknA5PIKtI5dhcNq7UGGckKlzWw51Q?e=fBWQX6...
  6. BSOD - Watchdog Violation

BSOD - Watchdog Violation: I have constant BSOD since 3 days ago. I've tried uninstalling recent software and drivers, but still have the same problem.Can anyone help me?this is the minidumphttps://1drv.ms/u/s!AknA5PIKtI5dhcNq7UGGckKlzWw51Q?e=fBWQX6...
  7. DPC Watchdog Violation BSOD - Multiple times a day

DPC Watchdog Violation BSOD - Multiple times a day: About a week ago I started having some seemingly random crashes while using my PC. Typically my audio slows down, my mouse and keyboard freeze, and after a few seconds the whole thing freezes, before crashing. I have persformed a CHKDSK which returned nothing, I have...
  8. Watchdog Violation BSOD

Watchdog Violation BSOD: Hello, I have been having this problem for a long time now. PC bluescreens with a tcp watchdog violation. This time it happened during startup of rainbow six siege, other times it is caused when I start up my pc. Hopefully you can help me based on this memory dump.Microsoft R...
  9. WATCHDOG VIOLATION BSOD

WATCHDOG VIOLATION BSOD: How do i remove this, I get many other bsod reasons. At this time i do not have accses to the logs. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/watchdog-violation-bsod/28729125-7b9b-429a-ab05-939f0ff498f1
  10. Bsod (dpc watchdog violation) on pc

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bsod (dpc watchdog violation) on pc: submitted by /u/haziqmhi97 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/drywkw/bsod_dpc_watchdog_violation_on_pc/