Windows 10: Multiple BSOD throughout the day; usually CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

Discus and support Multiple BSOD throughout the day; usually CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi! I have this Samsung laptop that I've been using for a few years which is giving me multiple BSODs throughout the day. This phenomenon has been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by danagal, May 31, 2019.

1. danagal Win User

Multiple BSOD throughout the day; usually CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

Hi! I have this Samsung laptop that I've been using for a few years which is giving me multiple BSODs throughout the day. This phenomenon has been occurring for a while now -- I have tried to do basic checks with my minimal skills (e.g. memory scans), but they did not yield any insight as to what I can do to fix this situation.

The BSODs would occur at any point in the day, sometimes multiple times in a row. Unfortunately, I cannot grasp my head around what could be the cause. Only thing I have noticed is that the majority of the stopcodes are CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED.

Any help would be appreciated!
    DESKTOP-T17DFBD-(2019-05-31_15-31-30).zip

:)

danagal, May 31, 2019

2. Critical_Process_Died BSOD

Hi,

In order to resolve your concern, we suggest that you to follow these steps:

• If you've installed any new apps or devices, uninstall or unplug them and restart your PC.
    • Make sure your PC has the latest updates:
    • Go to the search box.
    • Type Windows Update then Enter.
    • Select Check for updates.
    • In the Settings menu, select Check for updates button.
    • When it's finished, restart your PC.

You may also check this
    link
    for more troubleshooting steps regarding critical_process_died error message.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, May 31, 2019
  3. NGKH5 Win User
    BSOD Error: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

My laptop experienced a BSOD with an analysis by "Who Crashed" as follows-

On Sat 11/10/2018 2:08:03 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported

crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP

This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrpamp.exe (nt!PsSetLegoNotifyRoutine+0x46C)

Bugcheck code: 0xEF (0xFFFFFFFFA8C97440, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0)

Error: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

Bug check description: This indicates that a critical system process died.

There is a possibility this problem was caused by a virus or other malware.

A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: ntkrpamp.exe .

Google query: ntkrpamp.exe CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

Following is a link to my "one drive" BSOD folder with memory.dmp and other files for evaluation:

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AhtpFas_Rp_hiUvPKtxMgmB-b1B5

Please advise resolution for the said BSOD. Thanx!

NGKH5, May 31, 2019
  4. axe0 Win User

BSOD Every few days. Usually SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION.

Hi Gaklord,

Welcome to the 10forums.

Please remove MSI Afterburner, this software is known for causing BSOD's.

Daemon tools, Alcohol 120% and Power Archiver Pro uses SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD), which is a well known cause for BSOD's.
    Please remove Daemon Tools and run the SPTD pass through remover.

1. Uninstall Daemon Tools
    2. Download the SPTD standalone installer and follow these steps:
      • Double click the executable to open it
      • Click on the button shown below

Multiple BSOD throughout the day; usually CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED [​IMG]

If the button is grayed out, like in the image, there is no more SPTD installation on your system, and you can close the window.

Have you tried a clean install after upgrading?

Thema:

1. Multiple BSOD throughout the day; usually CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED - Similar Threads - Multiple BSOD throughout

2. Multiple BSODs throughout the week.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple BSODs throughout the week.: AMD Ryzen 7 2700xAMD RX 6600ASUS ROG B450-F II16GB HyperX DDR4Problem started when I updated AMD's driver to 23.3.1, but I have reverted it back to 22.11.2 since then but it still keeps happening.Dump files...
  3. Multiple BSODs throughout the week.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple BSODs throughout the week.: AMD Ryzen 7 2700xAMD RX 6600ASUS ROG B450-F II16GB HyperX DDR4Problem started when I updated AMD's driver to 23.3.1, but I have reverted it back to 22.11.2 since then but it still keeps happening.Dump files...
  4. Various random BSODs throughout the day

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Various random BSODs throughout the day: September of last year I updated majority of the parts in my system (motherboard, cpu, ram), and since then I've had random BSODs all pointing to different things at random intervals. Recently it hasn't been happening super frequently, but still occurs once in a while. I've...
  5. Multiple BSOD a day

Multiple BSOD a day: Hello, I have built my first pc and I have had some problems but mostly have solved them, but throughout this entirety I have been plagued by BSOD. This honestly has been a real reason on why I don't really use my new desktop. Most of the time the codes read...
  6. Multiple BSOD throughout the day -- The Return

Multiple BSOD throughout the day -- The Return: Hello everyone! I posted here a few months ago with a BSOD issue a few months back, and thanks to a generous helper, the issue was resolved...until yesterday. The stopcodes are usually CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED, just like last time, but that does not provide anyone with a good...
  7. Multiple BSOD throughout the day; usually CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

Multiple BSOD throughout the day; usually CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED: I have a Samsung laptop that I've been using for a few years, and it has been giving me multiple BSODs for a while now. I have done system scans such as memory scans and bios/firmware checks, but they have not returned any errors in particular. The system would freeze at...
  8. Random BSODs Throughout The Day

Random BSODs Throughout The Day: Attachment 69824 Hi All, As the title says, I am getting random BSODs throughout the day on my machine. Funny part is that I haven't actually seen what the BSOD errors are; I'll just step away from my computer and it's restarted because of BSOD. You'll see from my logs...
  9. Random BSOD throughout the day (irql_not_less_or_equal)

Random BSOD throughout the day (irql_not_less_or_equal): Hello, I recently started getting the same BSOD very frequently. DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL What failed: bwcW10x64.sys It started happening about once a day after my computer had been running for a while, and now it's happening up to 4 times a day. Just today I...
  10. BSOD MEMORY_MANAGEMENT randomly throughout day

BSOD MEMORY_MANAGEMENT randomly throughout day: Hello, I am getting a BSOD at somewhat random points throughout the day when using my computer. It doesn't seem to occur when I do a particular task and I haven't been stressing the computer at all, just general internet browsing and editing word documents. I had this...