Windows 10: Multiple BSOD When Launching Various Games

Discus and support Multiple BSOD When Launching Various Games in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Recently built my first custom computer and have been having issues ever since. Setup is listed below: OS: Windows 10 CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ThePhoenix911, Oct 2, 2018.

1. Multiple BSOD When Launching Various Games

Recently built my first custom computer and have been having issues ever since. Setup is listed below:

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K
    Motherboard: ASUS PRIME Z370-P LGA1151 DDR4
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3000MHz
    Graphics Card(s): Nvidia GTX GeForce 670

The card is a bit older yes, and I will be updating shortly (just waiting on additional funds), however have not had issues before with this card. All other components are brand new.

The BSODs occur whenever I launch various games (not all, but not specific to one or two) immediately after they start or shortly thereafter. The error codes rotate between the following:

SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

and

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Any help would be appreciated!

:)

ThePhoenix911, Oct 2, 2018

2. Launching games

Hi Wesley,

Windows 10 is gamer-friendly by design. If an issue like being unable to launch a game happens, it can be caused by outdated display driver or other factors that cause conflict when launching the app. For us to better assist you, we'd like to ask for additional
    information. Please answer the following:

• What build and version of Windows 10 are you using?
    • Are you getting an error message when launching the game?
    • Have you made any changes to the settings or installed updates prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • What specific games are you having issues with?

We will wait for your response.

Jennifer Cha, Oct 2, 2018
  3. P. Stone Win User
    Win 10 - Multiple BSODs issues, running games.

Ever since the Windows Anniversary update was released I started to experience crashes on games at launch and multiple BSOD errors.

Errors found:

• Crash to desktop
    • Application xxx.exe has been blocked from accessing graphical hardware
    • Screen black - mouse, audio and game still functioning
    • Screen freezes
    • "DirectX function "device->CreateTexture2D ..... failed with DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED
    • DirectX function "hr1" failed with DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED

BSOD errors:

• MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
    • SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
    • IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    • SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
    • PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

Computer Specifications:

OS - Windows 10 64 Bit, Version 10.0.14393

CPU - Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz, 4001 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)

GPU - Nvidia Geforce GTX 970, Driver 21.21.13.7633

RAM - 16.0 GB

Motherboard - ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming, Version 2003

PSU - Corsair CX650M

Storage

SSD - Samsung SSD 850 EVO - 250GB

HHD - WDC WD1003FZEX-00K3CA0 - 1TB

Case

Cooler Master - CM 690 III Mid Tower

List of tests I've tried:

• Ran FurMark Stress Test for an hour, no crashes.
    • Uninstalled graphics drivers with DDU, reinstalled latest drivers and old drivers, no changes.
    • Ran memory diagnostic tool
    • Updated motherboard bios to version 2003, I believe there is a newer version just recently released.
    • Ran sfc /scannow
    • Ran MemTest86
    • Reinstalled Windows 10
    • Disabled Xbox DVR
    • Tested adding TdrDelay, no help.
    • Reseated graphics card
    • Reseated RAM

Included a system information file and driver view file to
    One Drive

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated, been stuck with these issues for months now.

P. Stone, Oct 2, 2018
  4. Multiple BSOD When Launching Various Games

BSOD When playing games

Hi Jackson,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Please share the information requested below:

• Does the BSOD occur while playing a particular game?
    • Is the game downloaded from Windows Store?

I suggest you to update the Graphic Card drivers by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Refer the link below for more information:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 2, 2018
Thema:

Multiple BSOD When Launching Various Games

1. Multiple BSOD When Launching Various Games - Similar Threads - Multiple BSOD Launching

2. Multiple BSOD after booting PC or when launching a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple BSOD after booting PC or when launching a game: Over the past couple of weeks i've been having major issues regarding BSOD.They are occuring very frequently upon pc startup if the pc has been turned off for some time or while trying to launch a game through there respective launcher.I feel like i've tried every solution...
  3. Multiple BSOD after booting PC or when launching a game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple BSOD after booting PC or when launching a game: Over the past couple of weeks i've been having major issues regarding BSOD.They are occuring very frequently upon pc startup if the pc has been turned off for some time or while trying to launch a game through there respective launcher.I feel like i've tried every solution...
  4. BSOD when launching games

BSOD when launching games: Recently, I have been getting WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR when launching games, I tried to look for the dump files but event viewer gives me the error "Dump file creation failed due to error during dump creation." Any help would be appreciated...
  5. BSOD when launching games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when launching games: Recently, I have been getting WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR when launching games, I tried to look for the dump files but event viewer gives me the error "Dump file creation failed due to error during dump creation." Any help would be appreciated...
  6. Multiple BSOD on game launches

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple BSOD on game launches: For about 2 months now I have been receiving BSODs when trying to launch a couple of steam games. Mainly CS2 and Lethal Company. They don't usually occur unless I try and start one of the two games, but an occasional BSOD just through daily use. It feels like I have tried...
  7. Multiple BSOD on game launches

Multiple BSOD on game launches: For about 2 months now I have been receiving BSODs when trying to launch a couple of steam games. Mainly CS2 and Lethal Company. They don't usually occur unless I try and start one of the two games, but an occasional BSOD just through daily use. It feels like I have tried...
  8. BSOD when launching a game

BSOD when launching a game: Whenever I try to launch a game my laptop becomes unresponsive, and after a while, I get the BSOD with stop code "DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION". This has only been happening recently. I have tried running a full virus scan, check for errors in the memory, checked for driver updates...
  9. BSOD when launching a game

BSOD when launching a game: Whenever I try to launch a game my laptop becomes unresponsive, and after a while, I get the BSOD with stop code "DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION". This has only been happening recently. I have tried running a full virus scan, check for errors in the memory, checked for driver updates...
  10. various BSOD when playing games

various BSOD when playing games: Hey Guys! Recently I've been blue screen a lot when playing games. Seeing a variety of different BSOD errors such as System Service Exception, Kernel Security, IRQL Not Less or Equal, and Memory Management. No over clock, graphics drivers most updated, windows currently not...