Windows 10: Multiple BSOD while doing basic stuff on my PC

Discus and support Multiple BSOD while doing basic stuff on my PC in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi , I have been getting multiple BSOD while doing some task on my PC Downloading a game, youtube, etc.. I've been reading the forums and trying the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Rafael Baez Jerez, Dec 3, 2022.

1. Multiple BSOD while doing basic stuff on my PC

Hi , I have been getting multiple BSOD while doing some task on my PC Downloading a game, youtube, etc.. I've been reading the forums and trying the troubleshooting steps some people recommed but I keep getting the same issues. This is the minidump I was able to get. 112722-8125-01.dmp

:)

Rafael Baez Jerez, Dec 3, 2022
  2. Thrackan Win User

PC reboots (no BSOD) on CPU stress

Hi fellow TPU members,

not too long ago, the box my gf's PC was transported in gave way on the stairs. Yes, you got it right, that sent a PC tumbling down a flight of steps alright.

Stuff broke. Also, stuff remained intact somehow.

I bought her a new case, new CPU cooler and we removed the floppy drive, so far so good. But the PC started crashing for no apparent reason, without a BSOD.

I tested:
    • Memtest86+, left overnight, 0 errors
    • Scanned the HDD for errors, nothing there
    • Left FurMark burning up the GFX card and drawing some power, no problems there
    • Ran Ubuntu from a Live CD doing nothing special, didn't crash
    • Ran OCCT, Linpack, Prime95, all 3 caused reboots within minutes
    • Oh, and I disabled "Restart on error" so I'm sure it's not a BSOD.
    Now, I can still try and test something CPU intensive on Ubuntu, but my guess is the CPU didn't survive.
    Before I do anything drastic like whippin' out the magic wallet and get her a new AMD quad, is there anything I didn't see?
    I'm guessing the motherboard could be borkered as well, but can I check that other than replacing the CPU with a working one?
    Any suggestions on which proggies I can use from an Ubuntu Live CD to stress the CPU?

Thrackan, Dec 3, 2022
  3. buncieboy Win User
    Multiple BSODS with different errors, caused by ntoskrnl.exe

Wow thats a lot of usual causes!

Just to clarify / remove some things of that list, as mentioned the RAM has passed memtest multiple times, none of my hardware is OC'd, BIOS is fully up to date.

As far as I'm aware this is because its the single ram speed, and with it being DDR its 800*2=1600, I could be mistaken though?

As for the slots basically I was having BSOD's whenever any module was installed in one of the channels, so I had to move both modules over to the other channel, and this seemed to fix it, however I can move them back around to see what happens.

As for the memory I could have sworn I saw it on the supported list a while ago, ill check with the vendor of my PC.

Thanks for all the help Multiple BSOD while doing basic stuff on my PC :)

So whats the next step?

buncieboy, Dec 3, 2022
  4. alexsubri Win User

Multiple BSOD while doing basic stuff on my PC

BSOD- atikmpag.sys

This is most likely due to an installation/upgrade error with ATI driver's. I suggest doing DriveSweeper and the following:
    • Drivesweeper all drivers & in Safe Mode
    • Unistall all drivers that aren't used in DriveSweeper (CCC Profiler Updates, MSI AfterBurner, anything related to ATI that use's it's drivers.)
    • After you do this, the first thing you need to do is go into Device Manager and Unistall your ATI Drivers
    Multiple BSOD while doing basic stuff on my PC [​IMG]

Once your done, restart the PC and then try installing the latest drivers.

I had several issues with this in the past, but I overcame it with logical reasoning and whenever I have a driver issue, I just use these steps and I always overcome the problem.

Best of luck! *Toast :toast:

alexsubri, Dec 3, 2022
Thema:

Multiple BSOD while doing basic stuff on my PC

1. Multiple BSOD while doing basic stuff on my PC - Similar Threads - Multiple BSOD while

2. BSOD constantly while gaming and or doing multiple things

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD constantly while gaming and or doing multiple things: getting alot of blue screens, but i dont know how to read dump files, checked my disks, system files and updated 200 drivers what it feels like but no avail, will share dump files here if anyone could read em for mehttps://1drv.ms/u/s!Alf67WR6b6Vll1IAevkLan55doxx?e=VcNYuV...
  3. BSOD constantly while gaming and or doing multiple things

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD constantly while gaming and or doing multiple things: getting alot of blue screens, but i dont know how to read dump files, checked my disks, system files and updated 200 drivers what it feels like but no avail, will share dump files here if anyone could read em for mehttps://1drv.ms/u/s!Alf67WR6b6Vll1IAevkLan55doxx?e=VcNYuV...
  4. Multiple BSOD while doing basic stuff on my PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple BSOD while doing basic stuff on my PC: Hi , I have been getting multiple BSOD while doing some task on my PC Downloading a game, youtube, etc.. I've been reading the forums and trying the troubleshooting steps some people recommed but I keep getting the same issues. This is the minidump I was able to get....
  5. My PC freezes while doing multiple things at a time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC freezes while doing multiple things at a time: Hello.Recently I started having a problem with my Windows 11 PC. When I play a game like Valorant on it and open e.g. Brave browser or Discord on my second monitor, the computer freezes and I need to restart it using the button to be able to use it again. I can hear the sound...
  6. My PC freezes while doing multiple things at a time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC freezes while doing multiple things at a time: Hello.Recently I started having a problem with my Windows 11 PC. When I play a game like Valorant on it and open e.g. Brave browser or Discord on my second monitor, the computer freezes and I need to restart it using the button to be able to use it again. I can hear the sound...
  7. Help! BSOD while doing classes on zoom and doing basic things.

Help! BSOD while doing classes on zoom and doing basic things.: As classes have started we transferred to zoom so that we could have a more reliable meeting software and today I have crashed and received BSOD errors several times today. Could anyone help me troubleshoot it? These are all the dump files, I think I managed to send them...
  8. Multiple BSOD on my PC

Multiple BSOD on my PC: Hi, I'm having a lot of trouble with my pc and I really can´t find the problem. I was having a lot of BSOD and Windows seemed too unstable, so I decided to reinstall Windows. That didn't help and even made it worse, so I decided to run some tests to see if something was...
  9. Multiple BSOD while doing general tasks

Multiple BSOD while doing general tasks: Hi. After trying multiple solutions I have come here hoping for a solution. My system has been crashing for a long time now, after trying windows debugger, the issue usually is the ntkrmpl.exe . I have attached the Crash file below Please help. 72108
  10. BSOD Doing basic tasks.

BSOD Doing basic tasks.: Hi all, I received a brand new laptop yesterday (Dell Inspiron 15 7567) and it has been absolutely brilliant whilst running my music production software, photoshop and some big title games. However. Today whilst I was transferring some files using a Tecknet HDD Bay to...