Windows 10: Multiple BSOD

Discus and support Multiple BSOD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello For the last few weeks my computer has been having multiple BSODs. I haven't really noticed anything that I am doing when it occurs. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Hernando Castillo, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Multiple BSOD

Hello

For the last few weeks my computer has been having multiple BSODs. I haven't really noticed anything that I am doing when it occurs. The primary error I have gotten is UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION. I have also gotten CRITIAL_PROCESS_DIED and SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION once or twice each. I also got a HARDWARE_CHECK_EXCEPTION (I don't remember it exactly but I think it was that) once.

Just recently I had a BSOD and afterwards when it attempted to boot it said no bootable device. When I turned it off and back on it booted normally.

Computer Details:

Acer Aspire E 15 E5-575G-53VG

• 6th Generation Intel Core i5-6200U Processor (Up to 2.8GHz)
    • 15.6-inch Full HD Display, NVIDIA GeForce 940MX
    • 8GB DDR4 Memory, 256GB SSD
    • Windows 10 Home; Backlit Keyboard
    • Up to 12-hours Battery Life; 6-cell Li-Ion (2800 mAh) Battery

I have been running tests to see what it could be (since it has told me no bootable device after BSODs on two separate occasions I started with the SSD)

SSD TESTS:

HD Tune Pro: LITEON CV1-8B256 Health
    ID Current Worst ThresholdData Status

(01) Raw Read Error Rate 100 100 0 0 ok

(05) Retired Block Count 100 100 0 0 ok

(09) Power On Hours Count 100 100 0 363 ok

(0C) Power Cycle Count 100 100 0 4308 ok

(B1) Wear Range Delta 100 100 0 135667 ok

(B2) Used Reserved Block Count 100 100 0 0 ok

(B5) Program Fail Count 100 100 0 0 ok

(B6) Erase Fail Count 100 100 0 0 ok

(BB) Uncorrectable Error Count 100 100 0 0 ok

(BC) Command Timeout 100 100 0 65 ok

(BD) Factory Bad Block Count 100 100 0 119 ok

(BF) G-sense Error Rate 100 100 0 17 ok

(C0) Unsafe Shutdown Count 100 100 0 76 ok

(C4) Reallocated Event Count 100 100 0 0 ok

(C6) Offline Uncorrectable 100 100 0 0 ok

(C7) Interface CRC Error Count 100 100 0 0 ok

(E8) Available Reserved Space 100 100 10 100 ok

(F1) LifeTime Writes 100 100 0 377904 ok

(F2) LifeTime Reads 100 100 0 600523 ok

Health Status : ok

CrystalDisk Results

Multiple BSOD a730cf68-e812-495d-ac0b-1409f0959acb?upload=true.png

I ran a chkdsk which found no errors.

I also attempted to use Windows Verifier based on instructions here https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/driver-verifier-tracking-down-a-mis-behaving/f5cb4faf-556b-4b6d-95b3-c48669e4c983 but I never got a message stating DRIVER_VERIFIED_DETECTED_VIOLATION even though it did BSOD while verifier was running.

Using WhoCrashed, my reccent crashes have been:

On Mon 2/11/2019 5:15:29 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\021119-16531-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x1AA0C0)
    Bugcheck code: 0xEF (0xFFFF860D90217300, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0)
    Error: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED
    file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
    product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    company: Microsoft Corporation
    description: NT Kernel & System
    Bug check description: This indicates that a critical system process died.
    There is a possibility this problem was caused by a virus or other malware.
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Mon 2/11/2019 5:15:29 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntdll.sys (ntdll+0xECB8)
    Bugcheck code: 0xEF (0xFFFF860D90217300, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0)
    A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: ntdll.sys .
    Google query: ntdll.sys CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

On Sun 2/10/2019 2:20:24 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\021019-6984-01.dmp
    Bugcheck code: 0xEF (0xFFFFB383B9558080, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0)
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Sun 2/10/2019 2:20:24 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntdll.sys (ntdll!RtlWalkFrameChain+0x1198)
    Bugcheck code: 0xEF (0xFFFFB383B9558080, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0)
    A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: ntdll.sys .
    Google query: ntdll.sys CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

On Sun 2/10/2019 2:09:23 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\021019-17625-01.dmp
    Bugcheck code: 0xEF (0xFFFFB100B145B580, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0)

On Sun 2/10/2019 2:05:25 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\021019-23000-01.dmp
    Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC0000006, 0xFFFFF80383399812, 0xFFFFC2840D2F6340, 0x0)
    Error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
    Bug check description: This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.
    This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.

On Sat 2/9/2019 6:35:43 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\020919-27203-01.dmp
    Bugcheck code: 0x154 (0xFFFFC18A1A8BB000, 0xFFFFC08C44A85DB0, 0x2, 0x0)
    Error: UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION
    Bug check description: This indicates that the store component caught an unexpected exception.
    This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.

I have attached the DMP files and Sys Info here:

ZIP of DMP and Sys info

I have also used the Intel Processor Diagnostic tool which showed no issues with the processor. The Windows Memory Diagnostic for the RAM which showed no errors. I used DriverEasy after my reset to ensure all drivers were up to date.

It seems the SSD is going bad but every tool I have used has stated it is fine. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

:)

Hernando Castillo, Feb 11, 2019
  2. Linney Win User

Multiple BSOD

Bug Check 0x1A: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT

Bug Check 0x1A MEMORY_MANAGEMENT - Windows drivers

MEMORY_MANAGEMENT BSODs, accompanied by occasional app crashes/GPUTDR.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/3...t-bsods-accompanied-occasional-crashes-gputdr

The relevant Parameter appears to be 0x41284 which means, A PTE or the working set list is corrupted, which in itself means nothing to most of us poor Windows users. I still wonder if this is not just bad RAM?

Is it possible to remove one stick of RAM for testing purposes and then test all sticks one at a time (that's is you have multiple sticks of RAM, otherwise it is a daft suggestion on my part).

Linney, Feb 11, 2019
  3. herrshaun Win User
    [SOLVED] Multiple random BSODs, all pointing to the kernel

No BSODs yet but I haven't been playing World of Warcraft which I suspect to be a possible cause.

Was the driver verifier step necessary or just a suggestion?

herrshaun, Feb 11, 2019
  4. Multiple BSOD

Multiple unique BSODs after new hardware installation

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.
    I apologize for the inconvenience.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided by Likhitha on February 22, 2016 from the below link.

Multiple BSOD errors since upgrading to Windows 10.

Hope the information helps, if you have any further queries, feel free to post. We are here to assist you.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Feb 11, 2019
Thema:

Multiple BSOD

1. Multiple BSOD - Similar Threads - Multiple BSOD

2. Multiple WIN11 PC's with random BSOD - mostly error 139

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple WIN11 PC's with random BSOD - mostly error 139: I have just installed 13 Dell Optiplex 7010 SFF Plus PC's, and across the PC's I keep getting random about once a day BDSOD, after which the PC will end on the RECOVERY "It looks like windows didn't load correctly" screen. From there the user can click through and get back to...
  3. Multiple WIN11 PC's with random BSOD - mostly error 139

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple WIN11 PC's with random BSOD - mostly error 139: I have just installed 13 Dell Optiplex 7010 SFF Plus PC's, and across the PC's I keep getting random about once a day BDSOD, after which the PC will end on the RECOVERY "It looks like windows didn't load correctly" screen. From there the user can click through and get back to...
  4. Multiple bsod on laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple bsod on laptop: hi this my 1st post,laptop spec:lenovo ideapad 520 15ikbi5 8gen , 4gb dedicated gpu with mx1508gb ram, 1tb hdd.problem:I get many BSODs on my laptop, whenever i enable nvidia gpu. i mostly get "driver power state failure","watchdog violation","video tdlr...
  5. Multiple bsod on laptop

Multiple bsod on laptop: hi this my 1st post,laptop spec:lenovo ideapad 520 15ikbi5 8gen , 4gb dedicated gpu with mx1508gb ram, 1tb hdd.problem:I get many BSODs on my laptop, whenever i enable nvidia gpu. i mostly get "driver power state failure","watchdog violation","video tdlr...
  6. Multiple bsod on laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Multiple BSODS - Help Analyzing Minidumps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple BSODS - Help Analyzing Minidumps: Hello! I was wondering if someone might be able to assist me. I have a new computer running Windows 11 that's rebooted with a BSOD several times in the last 48 hours. I've uploaded the minidumps here:...
  8. Multiple BSODS - Help Analyzing Minidumps

Multiple BSODS - Help Analyzing Minidumps: Hello! I was wondering if someone might be able to assist me. I have a new computer running Windows 11 that's rebooted with a BSOD several times in the last 48 hours. I've uploaded the minidumps here:...
  9. Multiple BSOD Problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple BSOD Problems: Hi,I'm currently facing multiple BSODs from my computer. It got worst when I unplug the charger and work with just battery. Currently, these are the errors I noted down:PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREAIRQL_DRIVER_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUALCRITICAL_PROCESS_DIEDATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLYThe...
  10. Multiple BSOD Problems

Multiple BSOD Problems: Hi,I'm currently facing multiple BSODs from my computer. It got worst when I unplug the charger and work with just battery. Currently, these are the errors I noted down:PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREAIRQL_DRIVER_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUALCRITICAL_PROCESS_DIEDATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLYThe...