Windows 10: Multiple BSODs a day on new build

Discus and support Multiple BSODs a day on new build in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Windows Version 20H2 (OS Build 19042.685) I built a new rig about a month ago and kept the same OS installation. Not more than a few days later I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by tatricklin, Jan 7, 2021.

1. Multiple BSODs a day on new build

Windows Version 20H2 (OS Build 19042.685)

I built a new rig about a month ago and kept the same OS installation. Not more than a few days later I began to get a lot of BSODs. After much trial and error i finally caved and did a fresh Windows installation. The BSODs became less frequent, but still occur.

I have swapped out the RAM for brand new sticks (using the ripjaws V 16GBx2 DDR4-3600 now, previously had the Trident Z Neo 16GBx2 DDR4-3600) and it is still occuring, although less frequently.

System file checker shows no errors. Hard drive tests show now errors. Memory checks show no errors. I'm currently running a Prime95 stress test and will update the thread if I receive any errors.

I've tried both the game ready driver and studio driver for the GPU. Didn't see any difference. I have 5 screens. 1 uses the native HDMI port, 1 uses the native DP port. 2 use a HDMI adapter for the DP ports. The 5th screen is using a USB video card.

The only software that I have seen it point to is virtualbox, but it will BSOD even when i'm not using virtualbox and I don't notice it any more frequently when I am using it.

I've attached the log from the log collector and a screenshot of speccy.

Let me know if there is any other information I can provide that will help. I'm happy to run any test or provide any logs.

:)

tatricklin, Jan 7, 2021
  2. Dregoran Win User

Multiple BSOD on new Ryzen build

So I've spent the last 3 days trying to troubleshoot my new Ryzen 1700x build. Getting BSODs about every hour, sometimes multiples in the hour. PC specs that are worth mentioning.

Ryzen 1700x (no OC just trying to get stock to work to start)

MSI x370 Pro Carbon

Sapphire nitro R9 390

PNY Anarchy 2400 cas15 DDR4 2x8

Crucial MX300 750g SSD

Windows 10 home

I'm getting almost entirely memory management BSODs but also have seen irql not less or equal, Faulty hardware corrupted page, critical structure corruption and unexpected store exception. All basically point at ntoskrnl.exe

I'll include a link at the bottom to my onedrive at the bottom with minidump files in hopes someone more capable than myself can read them. Who Crashed is giving very basic info so that has been no help.

It's been suggested in other forums that it may be driver related. I've tried multiple fresh WIndows 10 installs, made sure drivers are up to date through MSI live update 6, manually downloading and installing, as well as only through the device manager
    and windows. All come back with more or less the same BSODs. It doesn't matter if I'm gaming or just browsing, and there is nothing that really triggers it, as sometimes it takes 2 hours and sometimes it happens a minute after start up.

Other suggestions point to ram, ssd or GPU. I've tested ram with both memtest86 with up to 5 passes, as well as with windows memory diagnostic both normal and with the extended option. I've also tried them one at a time, and in different ram slots to rule
    out a faulty slot. I've tested my GPU with Heaven Benchmark and had no issues, no overheating or hiccuping of any kind. My PC did BSOD during this, but I feel it would have done it had I not been benchmarking either as bluescreen reader didn't report anything
    GPU related from the crash. I tested the SSD with both check disk and seatools and everything passed. FInally for my own piece of mind I tested my new Ryzen 1700x on prime95 blend test for about 9 hours with no failures, results showing everything passed all
    night. Also BIOS is up to date and I've even tried the current beta BIOS with no luck.

As stated above here is my onedrive link (first time uploading something like this so please let me know if there are any issues and I'll fix it asap). Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

Any info would be greatly appreciated. Since I'm currently at the end of my troubleshooting ability and knowledge leaning towards returning the Mobo and going with an Asus or something and hoping to not run into the same issues as they have more recently
    updated bios for their AM4 boards. If anyone has a suggestion or possible solution to this issue I'm more than happy to try it. I'm not insanely tech savvy but I'm very capable at following most instructions.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Dregoran, Jan 7, 2021
  3. New System build Suggestions

just another build suggestion to consider- System Builder

BarbaricSoul, Jan 7, 2021
  4. Multiple BSODs a day on new build

Multiple BSOD a day

I was having trouble with one BSOD and so I replaced the motherboard, gpu, cpu, and ram 6 days ago. I also did a clean install of windows 10 and everything was working normally until I got another BSOD with the code apc index mismatch, then I got system
    service exception, and now I am getting kmode exception not handled. Device manager doesn't say I need any driver updates and I went and downloaded the gpu and motherboard drivers from the manufacturer. My computer now crashes around every 30 minutes, it is
    a custom build as well and I can list the parts if that would help. Please help, I spent a lot of money replacing the parts and it didn't even fix the issue. Here is the latest minidump but I have several others.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Z1K1p41JhdO95SselCGupncVjsO4yDgb/view?usp=sharing

csfortytwo, Jan 7, 2021
Thema:

Multiple BSODs a day on new build

1. Multiple BSODs a day on new build - Similar Threads - Multiple BSODs build

2. Multiple BSODs a day

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple BSODs a day: Ive done everything most websites to do SFC /*insert commands*, update drivers, change ram sticks tho i havent put in the old one but i doubt having 32gbs of ram is gonna change the issue very much and i dont know what else to do other than maybe update my bios or just start...
  3. Multiple BSODs a day

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple BSODs a day: Ive done everything most websites to do SFC /*insert commands*, update drivers, change ram sticks tho i havent put in the old one but i doubt having 32gbs of ram is gonna change the issue very much and i dont know what else to do other than maybe update my bios or just start...
  4. Multiple BSOD a day

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Multiple BSOD a day: I was having trouble with one BSOD and so I replaced the motherboard, gpu, cpu, and ram 6 days ago. I also did a clean install of windows 10 and everything was working normally until I got another BSOD with the code apc index mismatch, then I got system service exception, and...
  5. Multiple BSOD a day

Multiple BSOD a day: Hello, I have built my first pc and I have had some problems but mostly have solved them, but throughout this entirety I have been plagued by BSOD. This honestly has been a real reason on why I don't really use my new desktop. Most of the time the codes read...
  6. Multiple BSODs after new PC build

Multiple BSODs after new PC build: I've had 4 BSODs with my new PC build. I believe they're all related to the graphics card. I have updated all my drivers. See attached zip. Thanks!!! TONY-DESKTOP-20-(2020-01-05_12-45-53).zip 147809
  7. New Build - Multiple BSODs

New Build - Multiple BSODs: Hello, A friend of mine recently built a PC (August 2019) from scratch. He has had problems with it since he built it. He asked for my assistance, so it is currently sitting here on my desk, half-together.. Problems: Multiple BSODs - cant run for more than an hour without...
  8. New System build with multiple BSODs

New System build with multiple BSODs: Hello, I recently built a new computer, I've been having several stability issues and crashes. I'm running the following system. OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134 OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Name DESKTOP-G3M0DMS System Type...
  9. Multiple BSODs on new build

Multiple BSODs on new build: Hi, I've been getting quite frequent BSODs since I had my new PC delivered. After installing all of my drivers and apps I've been getting various crashes to these screens. These can be during or after gaming, or just during normal usage - there really isn't a correlation...
  10. Multiple BSOD's on new build PC

Multiple BSOD's on new build PC: I have just built this pc Intel Core i7-6700K, EVGA GeForce GTX 750 Ti, Fractal Design Define R4 (Titanium Grey) - System Build - PCPartPicker United Kingdom It was blue screening all through install process but seemed to level out for about 20 mins while I installed mobo...