Windows 10: Multiple BSODs after 15-20 Minutes, DPC Watchdog Violation

Discus and support Multiple BSODs after 15-20 Minutes, DPC Watchdog Violation in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After i upgraded to 1903 from 1803, my PC crashed almost 10 times showing me the DPC Watchdog Violation error. First couple of crashes were due to AMD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AuraticTrance, Jun 8, 2019.

1. Multiple BSODs after 15-20 Minutes, DPC Watchdog Violation

After i upgraded to 1903 from 1803, my PC crashed almost 10 times showing me the DPC Watchdog Violation error.

First couple of crashes were due to AMD drivers (version 18.1.2) as found out from the Minidumps (while playing a video on youtube especially). I downgraded to a lower and more stable version (17.7) as Wattman of 18.1.2 had issues on 1803 too and made the system crash once in a while. I saw no crashes due to AMD drivers after downgrading.
    Most of the time it crashed due to the ntoskrnl.exe thing, and this happened for every 20 minutes. I found no driver problems (exclamation marks) in the Device Manager. Here are the logs i took from WhoCrashed:

Code: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Crash Dump Analysis -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Crash dumps are enabled on your computer. Crash dump directories: C:\WINDOWS C:\WINDOWS\Minidump On Mon 03-06-2019 16:43:56 your computer crashed or a problem was reported crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\060319-35484-01.dmp This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x1BC810) Bugcheck code: 0x133 (0x0, 0x501, 0x500, 0xFFFFF80443B6E350) Error: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System company: Microsoft Corporation description: NT Kernel & System Bug check description: The DPC watchdog detected a prolonged run time at an IRQL of DISPATCH_LEVEL or above. This could be caused by either a non-responding driver or non-responding hardware. This bug check can also occur because of overheated CPUs (thermal issue). The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time. On Mon 03-06-2019 16:43:56 your computer crashed or a problem was reported crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP This was probably caused by the following module: dxgkrnl.sys (dxgkrnl+0x3a3eb) Bugcheck code: 0x133 (0x0, 0x501, 0x500, 0xFFFFF80443B6E350) Error: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\dxgkrnl.sys product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System company: Microsoft Corporation description: DirectX Graphics Kernel Bug check description: The DPC watchdog detected a prolonged run time at an IRQL of DISPATCH_LEVEL or above. This could be caused by either a non-responding driver or non-responding hardware. This bug check can also occur because of overheated CPUs (thermal issue). The crash took place in a Microsoft module. The description of the module may give a hint about a non responding device in the system. On Mon 03-06-2019 16:25:15 your computer crashed or a problem was reported crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\060319-36921-01.dmp This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x1BC810) Bugcheck code: 0x133 (0x0, 0x501, 0x500, 0xFFFFF8017436E350) Error: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System company: Microsoft Corporation description: NT Kernel & System Bug check description: The DPC watchdog detected a prolonged run time at an IRQL of DISPATCH_LEVEL or above. This could be caused by either a non-responding driver or non-responding hardware. This bug check can also occur because of overheated CPUs (thermal issue). The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time. On Mon 03-06-2019 16:15:21 your computer crashed or a problem was reported crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\060319-34875-01.dmp This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x1BC810) Bugcheck code: 0x133 (0x0, 0x501, 0x500, 0xFFFFF8012C96E350) Error: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System company: Microsoft Corporation description: NT Kernel & System Bug check description: The DPC watchdog detected a prolonged run time at an IRQL of DISPATCH_LEVEL or above. This could be caused by either a non-responding driver or non-responding hardware. This bug check can also occur because of overheated CPUs (thermal issue). The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time. On Sun 02-06-2019 21:33:57 your computer crashed or a problem was reported crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\060219-49859-01.dmp This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x1BC810) Bugcheck code: 0x133 (0x0, 0x501, 0x500, 0xFFFFF8015516E350) Error: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System company: Microsoft Corporation description: NT Kernel & System Bug check description: The DPC watchdog detected a prolonged run time at an IRQL of DISPATCH_LEVEL or above. This could be caused by either a non-responding driver or non-responding hardware. This bug check can also occur because of overheated CPUs (thermal issue). The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time. On Sun 02-06-2019 21:11:11 your computer crashed or a problem was reported crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\060219-34406-01.dmp This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x1BC810) Bugcheck code: 0x133 (0x0, 0x501, 0x500, 0xFFFFF8025376E350) Error: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System company: Microsoft Corporation description: NT Kernel & System Bug check description: The DPC watchdog detected a prolonged run time at an IRQL of DISPATCH_LEVEL or above. This could be caused by either a non-responding driver or non-responding hardware. This bug check can also occur because of overheated CPUs (thermal issue). The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.[/quote] P.S i had to roll back to 1803, as that was the only option left as i needed my PC to be in a proper state ASAP.
    There is no bluescreen troubleshooter in 1903 (discontinued from 1809 *Sad )

What could be the reason ?

:)

AuraticTrance, Jun 8, 2019

2. BSOD- DPC Watchdog violation

BSOD - DPC watchdog violation how to fix?

JamesJagow, Jun 8, 2019
  3. BSOD DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION

According to what I found from your minidump file, ndis.sys is caused this
    DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION BSOD error on your Windows computer.It's a
    NDIS 6.20 Wrapper Driver and installed onto your computer through Windows Update. As far as I know, you have installed new Windows updates lately.

You can uninstall those updates out of your computer, restart your PC and check again the result. Remember to do these steps in Safe Mode.

For more solutions to fix DPC watchdog violation BSOD error in case the above method doesn't work, check it out the following link below:

https://usefulpcguide.com/17082/dpc-watchdog-violation/

JokerKingLove, Jun 8, 2019
  4. Multiple BSODs after 15-20 Minutes, DPC Watchdog Violation

brandonwh64, Jun 8, 2019
Thema:

Multiple BSODs after 15-20 Minutes, DPC Watchdog Violation

1. Multiple BSODs after 15-20 Minutes, DPC Watchdog Violation - Similar Threads - Multiple BSODs Minutes

2. BSOD - DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD - DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION: My laptop keep restarting several times showing the blue screen of death with the error "DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION"I have tried to uninstall recent software and remove recent updates, but it's not working. I read a post recently here about checking the minidump folder. here is...
  3. BSOD - DPC Watchdog Violation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD - DPC Watchdog Violation: Hello,First time posting on these forums/threads, so forgive me if formatting is off. I cannot for the life of me figure out what's causing these BSODs from DPC Watchdog Violation. Everything was fine up until today, last used computer 2 days ago evening of 5/20/23 without...
  4. DPC Watchdog Violation BSOD

DPC Watchdog Violation BSOD: Hello,My PC has been crashing for a couple weeks now. First instance happened while I was watching Netflix after installing latest NVIDIA driver v512.95 then I rolled back to v472.12 but issue still remains with crashes happened every reboot while watching movies, web...
  5. DPC watchdog violation BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DPC watchdog violation BSOD: SYMBOL_NAME: mtkwl6ex+335ceMODULE_NAME: mtkwl6exIMAGE_NAME: mtkwl6ex.sysSTACK_COMMAND: .cxr; .ecxr ; kbBUCKET_ID_FUNC_OFFSET: 335ceFAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x133_ISR_mtkwl6ex!unknown_functionOS_VERSION: 10.0.19041.1BUILDLAB_STR: vb_releaseOSPLATFORM_TYPE: x64OSNAME: Windows...
  6. BSOD: DPC Watchdog Violation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD: DPC Watchdog Violation: I suddenly experience BSOD due to DPC Watchdog Violation. I am not sure how to identify which drivers are outdated. But what I can remember is that I updated my BIOS for ASUS. I am attaching my Minidump here in case this could help solve the problem. Hope you could assist me...
  7. BSOD DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BSOD DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION: I've been getting this error for maybe 3-4 months now.Last night I hard reset my desktop and barely downloaded any applications.I'm still getting the same error.Can someone please help?https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnmVn5YcbJKNgQ67NQ9wrfHu5V4I?e=VRHvH8...
  8. DPC Watchdog Violation BSOD

DPC Watchdog Violation BSOD: Hello, I've been recently getting BSODs with error code DPC Watchdog Violation when waking PC up from sleep mode. My log files and system info can be found here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ap87I0ekZbOF3WhuIjiI--QnKxbn?e=oOiOh8 Thanks, Daniel...
  9. BSOD-DPC Watchdog Violation

BSOD-DPC Watchdog Violation: Hi, my computer crashed 5 times in the past two months with a DPC Watchdog Violation coded blue screen error. I uploaded the DMP file of the latest crash, the output of Msinfo, and my computer specifications assuming that it may help diagnose the crash. It would help a lot...
  10. BSOD (DPC Watchdog Violations)

BSOD (DPC Watchdog Violations): Good Evening everyone! I will start this out by saying I am not an 85 year old grandmother trying to get on Facebook. I have been using computer since I was 8 (1993) and I am, for the first time, at a total loss. I keep getting intermittent BSOD (DPC Watchdog Violations). I...