Windows 10: Multiple BSODs after using Driver Verifier

Discus and support Multiple BSODs after using Driver Verifier in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I've been getting BSODs from time to time (few times a month) randomly while working, so I decided to find out the problem using driver... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by yashinmaru, May 4, 2021.

1. Multiple BSODs after using Driver Verifier

Hello, I've been getting BSODs from time to time (few times a month) randomly while working, so I decided to find out the problem using driver verifier. I had four BSODs so far, all of them before startup. Three I hopefully resolved (twice I uninstalled the software and one time I updated the driver), but I don't know what to do about the last one. Here are the files: DESKTOP-IEC6DDA-(2021-04-07_14-51-33).zip - Google Drive I'm afraid that there is going to be another problem after solving this one, so I'm starting to think that reinstalling Windows might be easier. Thank you in advance

:)

yashinmaru, May 4, 2021
  2. herrshaun Win User

[SOLVED] Multiple random BSODs, all pointing to the kernel

No BSODs yet but I haven't been playing World of Warcraft which I suspect to be a possible cause.

Was the driver verifier step necessary or just a suggestion?

herrshaun, May 4, 2021
  3. Peaj Win User
    Driver Verifier BSOD on Start Up DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION

OK I'm going to keep this thread updated as I go through troubleshooting this issue.

As I have received no help with my minidumps, I am going through the process of learning to do it myself.

This seems
    like a good guide to learn the very basics.

What has happened so far:

• New computer build, unstable windows install, slowly degrades to where the computer is unusable. Happens on multiple clean installs.
    • Continuous error and critical messages in Event Viewer, some events of note are:
      • Event 219 Kernel-PnP, failed to load driver
      • Event 7031 service control manager (dozens on start up)
    • First crash will happen on start up and it eventually degrades with below events.
      • Event 5 kernel general
      • Event 2 kernel-event-tracing
      • Event 3 kernel-event-tracing
      • Event 29 kernel-boot
    • Tested hardware - no faults found
    • Ran Driver Verifier and Windows will keep crashing with DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION until Driver Verifier is reset in safe mode
    • Started this thread, PC became too unstable and had to do a system restore, restore had minimal changes (see above)
    • Have not installed the applications and drivers removed after system restore.
    • PC is heading down same road again, BSOD now appearing on startup.
    • Ran Driver Verifier again - same resuslts
    • Installed WinDBG to start analyzing new dumps from crashes that have been happening on startup.
      • dump 1 - pool_corruption
      • dump 2 - memory_corruption
      • dump 3 - memory_corruption
      • dump 4 - ntkrnlmp.exe
    From the limited knowledge I got from the guide the only information I can get from WinDBG is shown above.

So that's where I am at the moment. My next step is to run Driver Verifier again and see what I can find.

Peaj, May 4, 2021
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Multiple BSODs after using Driver Verifier

BSOD hidclass with driver verifier

Hi Doc_Samson,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you receive Blue Screen error with hidclass.sys. In order to get to the root cause of the issue, we will need the Dump files, so that we can analyze them and assist you accordingly. I have sent a private message to you, please share
    the Dump files over the private message.

To access Private Message click on your Profile on the top right corner, then click on the ellipses, and select
    View Private Messages.

However, the hidclass.sys is a driver file for Human Interface Devices, which are basically, keyboard/mouse or gaming controllers. I would suggest you to disconnect all the external devices and see if that helps.

I would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned below and see if that helps:

Method 1: Update drivers

I suggest you to update the drivers on the computer, to make sure that all the drivers are up to date including Keyboard, Mouse, USB and HID Drivers. In addition, you may also update the chipset drivers from the computer manufacturer’s websites. Kindly
    refer the article
    Update drivers in Windows 10

Method 2: Check hard disk for errors

I would suggest you to run chkdsk utility to check any errors in the hard drive. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Type command prompt in the search bar on the
      Taskbar.
    2. Right click on the command prompt icon and select
      Run as administrator.
    3. Now, paste the following command and hit Enter: chkdsk/f C:
    4. Select Yes and restart the computer.

Note: While performing chkdsk on the hard drive if any bad sectors are found on the hard drive when chkdsk tries to repair that sector if any data available on that might be lost

Method 3: Windows Memory Diagnostic

You can also run Memory Diagnostic on the computer to check for any memory corruption errors. Follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + R, to open
      Run
      dialog box.
    2. Type mdsched and click on
      OK
    3. Click on Restart now and check for problems.

You may want to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the article

Troubleshoot blue screen errors

You can also refer the suggestions provided by auggy replied on May 15, 2018 in the thread

BSOD Hidclass.sys

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 4, 2021
Thema:

Multiple BSODs after using Driver Verifier

1. Multiple BSODs after using Driver Verifier - Similar Threads - Multiple BSODs using

2. Driver Verifier BSOD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Driver Verifier BSOD: So for like a year im having random reboots with no BSOD up to 2 times a month, so i researched the topic for a bit and ruled out some faulty hardware like GPU was already in my old PC and ran fine or RAM Memtest86 passed without problems, changed PSU too. i also changed some...
  3. Driver Verifier BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Driver Verifier BSOD: So for like a year im having random reboots with no BSOD up to 2 times a month, so i researched the topic for a bit and ruled out some faulty hardware like GPU was already in my old PC and ran fine or RAM Memtest86 passed without problems, changed PSU too. i also changed some...
  4. Bsod after running driver verifier

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bsod after running driver verifier: Hi there guys... My PC is crashing so I have been advised to run driver Verifier and wait for 2,3 crashes... So here are minidumps after running driver verifier... https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ObcftWEibB5Bgk76-5pluvDZ8uYngY--/view?usp=drivesdk...
  5. Bsod after running driver verifier

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bsod after running driver verifier: Hi there guys... My PC is crashing so I have been advised to run driver Verifier and wait for 2,3 crashes... So here are minidumps after running driver verifier... https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ObcftWEibB5Bgk76-5pluvDZ8uYngY--/view?usp=drivesdk...
  6. BSOD after driver verifier

BSOD after driver verifier: Can anyone tell me what driver is malfunctioning from this dump file that i´ve got after running Driver Verifier?Here is link for it on my OneDrive.https://1drv.ms/u/s!AocxsPgZbAmS7VIX3Tw9rVbbzqTf?e=FKzTCl...
  7. BSOD after running driver verifier

BSOD after running driver verifier: Hi there!! Had many BSOD on booting up computer as soon as i started running the driver verifier and I've attached the minidump. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1rX2PfDgbaA_w9rrfyoFdVQSIF5j6xooZ?usp=sharing Can someone help me understand what the MD is trying to...
  8. bsod with driver verifier

bsod with driver verifier: hello, so i have been experiencing some bsod, I've recently built a pc and installed windows 10 on a new ssd but here and there i would get a bsod around 3 a day mostly starts up again when i can sleep my pc or restart/shutoff ive gotten several errors such as ntoskrnl.exe...
  9. BSOD after Driver Verifier

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after Driver Verifier: Been trying to find out why my system was bogging down to a halt sometimes after I did the October Update a few days ago. Here is my original thread about the issue. Log: DESKTOP-BL497SV-(2019-02-26_20-18-10).zip 127883
  10. BSOD Problem, Used Driver Verifier

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Problem, Used Driver Verifier: My computer has been crashing periodically and I wasn't sure what the problem was. I thought it was either a memory or driver issue. After running memtest and getting no errors, I was suggested to use Driver Verifier thanks to this helpful article...