Windows 10: Multiple BSOD's after Windows 10 Clean re-installation

Discus and support Multiple BSOD's after Windows 10 Clean re-installation in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey everyone! I'm in a bit of a hiccup as my recent Windows 10 re-installation gifted me with a bunch of BSOD errors. They seemingly occur randomly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by KeithThomasG, Jul 31, 2020.

1. Multiple BSOD's after Windows 10 Clean re-installation

Hey everyone! I'm in a bit of a hiccup as my recent Windows 10 re-installation gifted me with a bunch of BSOD errors. They seemingly occur randomly idle or while browsing.

Note: I've encountered a BSOD after installation when it booted for the first time.

Here's a bunch of the BSOD codes:

On Sat 01/08/2020 2:08:46 am your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\080120-11593-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe nt+0x3DDB60
    Bugcheck code: 0xD1 0x0, 0xFF, 0x0, 0x0
    Error: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
    product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    company: Microsoft Corporation
    description: NT Kernel & System
    Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high.
    This bug check belongs to the crash dump test that you have performed with WhoCrashed or other software. It means that a crash dump file was properly written out.
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Sat 01/08/2020 1:50:26 am your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\080120-11640-01.dmp
    Bugcheck code: 0x192 0xFFFFA80DA8321080, 0xFFFFBE070145AD00, 0x0, 0x0
    Error: KERNEL_AUTO_BOOST_LOCK_ACQUISITION_WITH_RAISED_IRQL
    Bug check description: This indicates that a lock tracked by AutoBoost was acquired while executing at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above.
    This bug check belongs to the crash dump test that you have performed with WhoCrashed or other software. It means that a crash dump file was properly written out.
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Sat 01/08/2020 1:27:49 am your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\080120-11468-01.dmp
    Bugcheck code: 0xA 0xFFFFA58F01000000, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF800783E4F32
    Error: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    Bug check description: This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above. This is a software bug.

On Sat 01/08/2020 2:08:46 am your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe nt!setjmpex+0x8179
    Bugcheck code: 0xD1 0x0, 0xFF, 0x0, 0x0
    Error: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high.

On Fri 31/07/2020 11:56:14 pm your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\073120-12031-01.dmp
    Bugcheck code: 0x192 0xFFFFB98124032080, 0xFFFFE08E95D2EE30, 0x0, 0x0
    Error: KERNEL_AUTO_BOOST_LOCK_ACQUISITION_WITH_RAISED_IRQL
    Bug check description: This indicates that a lock tracked by AutoBoost was acquired while executing at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above.

On Fri 31/07/2020 11:28:49 pm your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\073120-11781-01.dmp
    Bugcheck code: 0x3B 0xC0000005, 0xFFFFF80464E27581, 0xFFFFC080FF6D2920, 0x0
    Error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
    Bug check description: This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.
    This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.

:)

KeithThomasG, Jul 31, 2020

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Jul 31, 2020
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Jul 31, 2020
  4. Multiple BSOD's after Windows 10 Clean re-installation

Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Jul 31, 2020
Thema:

Multiple BSOD's after Windows 10 Clean re-installation

1. Multiple BSOD's after Windows 10 Clean re-installation - Similar Threads - Multiple BSOD's Clean

2. clean re-install windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    clean re-install windows 10: Can anyone advise me where to find online an easy to understand, step by step guide to lead me through a re-install of Windows 10. Will it affect the version I have, which File, Apps, Features, Programs will be lost plus what I should do before the re-install?I'm a PC Dummy...
  3. clean re-install windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    clean re-install windows 10: Can anyone advise me where to find online an easy to understand, step by step guide to lead me through a re-install of Windows 10. Will it affect the version I have, which File, Apps, Features, Programs will be lost plus what I should do before the re-install?I'm a PC Dummy...
  4. BSOD during/after Windows 10 Re-install/Clean Install

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD during/after Windows 10 Re-install/Clean Install: So I've had the following build for about 1.5 years now: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X ASUS TUF X570-PLUS Gaming WI-FI Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 5700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200 MHZ 2x8GB4 Corsair TX-M Series TX850M2 V2 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500GB Seagate Barracuda ST2000DM008 2TB -...
  5. Multiple bsod after clean install of windows 10

Multiple bsod after clean install of windows 10: Hi, I was experiencing major issues and multiple BSOD on my PC. So I performed a clean install of Windows 10, downloaded from Microsoft website. After clean install, my PC was running perfectly and no BSOD in sight. Well, that was until today that is . I'm not sure if it's...
  6. Clean Re installation of windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean Re installation of windows 10: I want to delete all user accounts created till now , and need to re install the windows 10 in my pc. Please help me with this ,so that I can proceed safely . And I have some doubts regarding this- Will the activation be void if I do this ? Will I get all the latest...
  7. BSOD after clean re-install

BSOD after clean re-install: So I installed an SSD hard drive on my laptop a few months ago and have been running into a BSOD issue ever since. The error code I get on the BSOD is "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL". I have hopefully uploaded the info that will resolve this problem Here is the OneDrive link to...
  8. Multiple BSOD after clean install

Multiple BSOD after clean install: Good afternoon, I started having a few BSOD crashes last month and after exhaustive attempts to solve this issue myself with no progress I did a clean install of windows 10. The issue remains, however, it is less frequent now. Attachment 86921 54464
  9. Multiple BSODs After Windows 10 Clean Install

Multiple BSODs After Windows 10 Clean Install: I recently upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 via a clean install. Ever since I have been getting multiple BSODs for what appears to be all different reasons. My system worked fine before this. The BSODs seem to be random. I have tried updating drivers and such to no...
  10. after clean re-installation of windows..

in Windows 10 Support
    after clean re-installation of windows..: After clean re-installation of windows. is AV and internet security the first thing I should install before connecting to the internet? 90660