Windows 10: Multiple BSODs, brand new laptop running windows 10, DM Log Attached

Discus and support Multiple BSODs, brand new laptop running windows 10, DM Log Attached in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi all, I'm new here so sorry if i've made a mistake in my post or if these problems already have a solution. I'm using a brand new ThinkPad T450s.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TML95, Feb 5, 2016.

1. TML95 Win User

Multiple BSODs, brand new laptop running windows 10, DM Log Attached

Hi all, I'm new here so sorry if i've made a mistake in my post or if these problems already have a solution. I'm using a brand new ThinkPad T450s. Sometimes when the display times out (if im inactive for a while) the power light will stay on meaning the computer is not sleeping, however I can't get the display to turn back on (it's just a black screen). After a few minutes of this, the computer shuts down by itself. Also, sometimes when i close the lid, the light stays on and the computer doesn't sleep even though it is meant to (i already checked control panel settings), other times it will work normally. Yesterday i went away, the screen went to black but the power stayed on as usual, the computer shut down by itself and when i turned it back on i got multiple different BSODs, all with different error messages. I restored my computer (it gave me the option to restore windows but keep my existing files which I did). The computer gave me one more BSOD today but it restarted and is working now. I suspected something wrong with the display drivers so i updated everything and it's working now. However, youtube videos are crashing and causing me to have to shut down the system, when it restarts it takes a very very long time to get the display going. I ran the DM Logs and they're attached here. Thank you in advance for your help!

:)

TML95, Feb 5, 2016

2. Unwanted restarts

Okay, let me automate this process for you.

Run the Log Collector:

https://www.tenforums.com/dl/dm_log_collector.exe

Share that through Onedrive with us.

How to Run the Log collector:

https://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debuggin...

How to share files through Onedrive:

http://www.yourwindowsguide.com/2017/12/how-to-...

Instead of System logs as written in the above article, you need to share the ZIP file created by DM log collector.

Sumit Dhiman2, Feb 5, 2016
  3. Microsoft system password on brand new machine from a sealed box

I just bought a brand new laptop running windows 10.

Can't log in.

Go to adjacent machine, go to account.live.com/password/reset

change password, log in on this machine.

Go back to new machine, not a chance.

Connect new machine to internet.

No help.

I am only impressed by the system alienation factor.

What needs to be done to log in to a brand new machine??

***Subject edited for clarity by the moderator.***

DanMackie52, Feb 5, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

Did you clean your system after the restore?
    The last logs are from today and no logs about any crash besides sudden shutdowns.

axe0, Feb 6, 2016
  5. TML95 Win User
    I haven't done anything since the restore. However the restore was done after all of the crashes. It basically reinstalled windows from scratch and moved my files over, maybe that's why none of the crashes are visible in the report? I'm a noob so I'm not really sure. Seems to be working fine for now though, I guess if it crashes I'll revive this thread. Thanks for your help!

TML95, Feb 6, 2016
  6. axe0 New Member
    I haven't done anything *Wink

axe0, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Multiple BSODs, brand new laptop running windows 10, DM Log Attached - Similar Threads - Multiple BSODs brand

2. Brand New Windows 10 laptop is running incredibly slow

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Brand New Windows 10 laptop is running incredibly slow: My brand new HP Windows 10 laptop is running incredibly slow. The only programs I've installed are Discord, Steam, Minecraft, Among Us, and Quiplash. I installed the Malware Bytes Free Trial but removed it. I've removed my google extensions. There is nothing in the start up...
  3. Multiple BSoD on a brand new laptop, each with diffrent error

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Multiple BSoD on a brand new laptop, each with diffrent error: As stated in the title I got a laptop (Acer Aspire 5 a515-54g) 2 weeks ago, as I have burned my mobo. Laptop was brand new, without Windows I have used USB to install W10 Home (still not activated, I got key at dorm I'm currently with family until the end of month). Since...
  4. BSOD on brand new laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD on brand new laptop: Hi all, I have just bought a brand new laptop (Asus Vivobook S14) yesterday and just experienced a BSOD. I have attached the minidump file here. Appreciate your help to troubleshoot the issue. Thanks and Regards....
  5. Cannot run DM log Collector Tool

Cannot run DM log Collector Tool: Hi I have had a BSOD and want to run the DM Log Collector tool as instructed in the BSOD forum, so I can post on that forum, however when I try to run the tool I get this message "This app can't run on your PC. (see attached Picture) Any ideas what I am doing wrong....
  6. Just experienced PFN_LIST_CORRUPT - See attached DM Log Report

Just experienced PFN_LIST_CORRUPT - See attached DM Log Report: My computer has been crashing very frequently lately. This was the BSOD that I just saw before posting with the DM log report. I'm really struggling to complete work these days, so any help would be amazing! 51560
  7. SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION BSOD - attached DM Log

SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION BSOD - attached DM Log: Hello, I had worked with someone on another BSOD issue and thought that I was home free, but it turns out I am not. I've attached a new dm log for review. Any help is always great appreciated! 45049
  8. BSOD on brand-new laptop

BSOD on brand-new laptop: Hi all, I have recently bought new laptop (Dell Vostro 5468). I did clean install of Windows 10 and installed additional harddrive. Today I have experienced a BSOD. I had many programs running when a blue screen appeared. I had a look at logs and what is bugging me is this...
  9. BSOD on my laptop now too! Geeezzzz DM Log attached

BSOD on my laptop now too! Geeezzzz DM Log attached: Please advise.... Thanks a ton! 45233
  10. BSOD on a brand new Lenovo Y700 running Windows 10

BSOD on a brand new Lenovo Y700 running Windows 10: Hey guys, a week ago I bought a brand new Lenovo Y700 with a pre-installed SSD. Ever since I am experiencing BSOD while opening for example Photoshop or Lenovo Solution Center. 99,9% of the times it gives me this error: "kernel security check failure" and the other 0,01...