Windows 10: Multiple BSODs caused by ntkrnlmp.exe in Windows 10

Discus and support Multiple BSODs caused by ntkrnlmp.exe in Windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi there, I have recently bought a new Gigabyte P15f v7 laptop (specs found at P15F v7 | Laptop - GIGABYTE ). I upgraded it with another 8GB of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Drew Behrens, May 9, 2017.

1. Multiple BSODs caused by ntkrnlmp.exe in Windows 10

Hi there,
    I have recently bought a new Gigabyte P15f v7 laptop (specs found at P15F v7 | Laptop - GIGABYTE
    ).
    I upgraded it with another 8GB of Kingston DDR4-2400Mhz KVR24S17S8/8 memory and a Samsung 960 EVO 250GB SSD.
    I have been having multiple BSODs at mostly random times. Some seemed to occur around the time I would disconnect from my WiFi connection in order to reconnect. I was doing this because I would suddenly loose internet connection on my home WiFi (this wasn't happening on other connected devices). This led me to believe it was a WiFi related issue, however after updating the WiFi drivers (and others like chipset, bluetooth, IDE ATA/ATAPI and graphics etc...) I am still experiencing the BSODs.
    I used WinDbg to try find the issue. Most of the time the driver causing the crash is ntkrnlmp.exe and I often get a DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION code on the BSOD screen. I did notice for one dump file in WinDbg that avgntflt.sys caused the crash. After uninstalling Avira antivirus I have not received this problem again, but the ntkrnlmp.exe problems still occur.
    I have now used verifier to try identify the problem. I receive a BSOD right after boot before the Windows login screen. WinDbg again identifies ntkrnlmp.exe as the cause. I attach the report you guys ask for in the sticky

Please help! Thanks in advance

:)

Drew Behrens, May 9, 2017

2. Multiple BSODs caused by ntkrnlmp.exe in Windows 10

Aside from your newly installed Kingston 8GB RAM, do you have another RAM installed in another port/RAM channel?

Im also too curious about the Page file that is set on your NEW SSD?

The page file that is recommended for Windows 10 in an SSD is. . the recommended:

Multiple BSODs caused by ntkrnlmp.exe in Windows 10 [​IMG]

To be clear, please visit this: How to increase Page File size or Virtual Memory in Windows

Enjoy!

Gina_on_the_thread, May 9, 2017
  3. Multiple BSODs caused by ntkrnlmp.exe in Windows 10

Hi there,

I have recently bought a new Gigabyte P15f v7 laptop (specs found at P15F v7 | Laptop - GIGABYTE Global).

I upgraded it with another 8GB of Kingston KVR24S17S8/8 memory and a Samsung 960 EVO 250GB SSD.

I have been having multiple BSODs at mostly random times. Some seemed to occur around the time I would disconnect from my WiFi connection in order to reconnect. I was doing this because I would suddenly loose internet connection on my home WiFi (this wasn't
    happening on other connected devices). This led me to believe it was a WiFi related issue, however after updating the WiFi drivers (and others like chipset, bluetooth, IDE ATA/ATAPI and graphics etc...) I am still experiencing the BSODs.

I used WinDbg to try find the issue. Most of the time the driver causing the crash is ntkrnlmp.exe and I often get a DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION code on the BSOD screen. I did notice for one dump file in WinDbg that avgntflt.sys caused the crash. After uninstalling
    Avira antivirus I have not received this problem again, but the ntkrnlmp.exe problems still occur.

I have now used verifier to try identify the problem. I receive a BSOD right after boot before Windows login screen. WinDbg again identifies ntkrnlmp.exe as the cause. I have uploaded this most recent dump created with verifier on here:

050917-3921-01.zip

Please help me! Thanks in advance

Drew Behrens, May 9, 2017
  4. philc43 Win User

Multiple BSODs caused by ntkrnlmp.exe in Windows 10

Hi and welcome to TenForums *Smile

If you take the new memory stick out do you still get the BSOD? I ask because the new one is not a matched pair with the original and this is a known cause of BSOD with many motherboards.

philc43, May 11, 2017
  5. Hi

Yeah I know they're not perfectly matched. Unfortunately when I got the new 8GB there wasn't the exact same Kingston model around, so I specifically got another module of Kingston with the same latency and speed rating.

When I take it out and run verifier, I still get BSOD on boot just before the login screen. Also tried with only the new stick of RAM in and the same thing happens. Seems its not RAM matching....

Drew Behrens, May 11, 2017
  6. philc43 Win User
    OK, it was important to check that aspect before digging deeper. Thanks for verifying and running the test with both new and old sticks of RAM. At the moment I'm not able to find anything else that will help.

philc43, May 11, 2017
  7. Dam....
    Thanks for your help. Really hope you or someone else can find something

Drew Behrens, May 11, 2017
  8. Ztruker Win User

The latest (5/9 3:23PM) dump indicates a problem with MBAMChameleon.sys.
    Code: ffffad01`975a3078 fffff80f`c959c671Unable to load image MBAMChameleon.sys, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for MBAMChameleon.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for MBAMChameleon.sys MBAMChameleon+0xc671[/quote] Driver Description: Malwarebytes Chameleon Protection Driver
    Driver Update Site: Chameleon - Free Malware Removal Tool

Uninstall Malwarebytes Chameleon and see if that resolves your problem. If it does, you can see if the 3.1.33.0 version makes any difference. If not, leave it uninstalled.

Ztruker, May 12, 2017
  9. Thanks for the response.

Interestingly, Malwarebytes didn't appear in the installed programs list. This made me think something was a bit weird with the installation and it therefore could be causing the issues. I removed it by running the uninstall exe manually, followed by a run of CCleaner.

I ran verifier which then resulted in BSODs on startup again. Seems it wasn't the problem, unless there are still malwarebytes drivers hanging arund somehow from an incomplete uninstall? I attach my latest dump, hopefully it will help.

Drew Behrens, May 13, 2017
  10. Ztruker Win User
    That dump shows a problem with Malwarebytes anti-malware mbae64.sys.
    Code: BugCheck C4, {2006, ffffd4036ea32a28, fffff803921b01b0, ffffb001a83c9638} Unable to load image mbae64.sys, Win32 error 0n2 *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for mbae64.sys[/quote] Code: DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION (c4) A device driver attempting to corrupt the system has been caught. This is because the driver was specified in the registry as being suspect (by the administrator) and the kernel has enabled substantial checking of this driver. If the driver attempts to corrupt the system, bugchecks 0xC4, 0xC1 and 0xA will be among the most commonly seen crashes. Arguments: Arg1: 0000000000002006, subclass of driver violation. Arg2: ffffd4036ea32a28 Arg3: fffff803921b01b0 Arg4: ffffb001a83c9638[/quote] If Malwarebytes is installed, uninstall it for now: MBAM Clean Removal Process

Ztruker, May 14, 2017
  11. Thanks for that analysis.

Seems it was the problem and if I just used BlueScreenView instead of WinDbg I would have seen it as well!!
    Anyway, I had some trouble removing Malwarebytes completely. Turns out there's a newer version of the removal tool that did the trick including removing mbae64.sys.

After running verifier again MBfilt64.sys was causing crashes! Another Malwarebytes driver that wasn't removed. I manually removed it in safe mode from C:\Windows\System32\drivers. Verifier then didn't crash before start-up as usual. Seemed the problem was fixed. However about 15 seconds after logging in it would crash. What's weird is that no dump files have been saved for the 3 or 4 times I did this.

Any suggestions?

Drew Behrens, May 14, 2017
  12. javadth1 Win User
    hi when you remove the new added ram problem exist again ?

javadth1, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Multiple BSODs caused by ntkrnlmp.exe in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Multiple BSODs caused

2. frequent BSOD for ntkrnlmp

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    frequent BSOD for ntkrnlmp: Hello it's been a while that my pc suddenyl, and without a proper pattern sometimes even by just standing still gets a bsod and pc shuts down totally. I have everything updated, all drivers and even the bios of the mobo but the problem persists. here's the dump For analysis...
  3. frequent BSOD for ntkrnlmp

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    frequent BSOD for ntkrnlmp: Hello it's been a while that my pc suddenyl, and without a proper pattern sometimes even by just standing still gets a bsod and pc shuts down totally. I have everything updated, all drivers and even the bios of the mobo but the problem persists. here's the dump For analysis...
  4. frequent BSOD for ntkrnlmp

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. ntoskrnl.exe causing Multiple BSODs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ntoskrnl.exe causing Multiple BSODs: Have recently getting different stop codes from blue screens and with the help of BlueScreenViewer the usual line that determines the problem all lead back to ntoskrnl.exe. How would I go about fixing this...
  6. ntoskrnl.exe causing Multiple BSODs

ntoskrnl.exe causing Multiple BSODs: Have recently getting different stop codes from blue screens and with the help of BlueScreenViewer the usual line that determines the problem all lead back to ntoskrnl.exe. How would I go about fixing this...
  7. ntoskrnl.exe causing Multiple BSODs

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Multiple BSOD caused by bddci.sys

Multiple BSOD caused by bddci.sys: Hi! Recently I got myself a new laptop and after setting it up, I've started to consistently face BSOD, at least 2 times per day. Usually the error code is DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and the file that causes the crash is bddci.sys. I've updated the system and all the...
  9. Multiple BSODS by an unknown cause.

Multiple BSODS by an unknown cause.: Hey everyone, for the past 8 month since I got this new computer I've been getting constant BSODS usually IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL and I'm not able to locate the cause. I have run memtest86 and no errors occurred I tried switching drivers, and still the bsod's continue......
  10. Random BSOD ntoskrnl, ntkrnlmp executables

Random BSOD ntoskrnl, ntkrnlmp executables: I have a Lenovo laptop with the following specs: Intel Core i7-8550U 4C / 8T, 1.8 / 4.0GHz, 8MB Integrated Intel UHD Graphics 620 Intel SoC Platform 16GB Soldered DDR4-2400 512GB SSD M.2 2280 PCIe NVMe 13.9" UHD 3840x2160 IPS 300nits Glossy I started getting random...
Tags: