Windows 10: Multiple BSODs daily unknown cause

Discus and support Multiple BSODs daily unknown cause in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi,I have been hitting multiple BSODs daily on my W10 install. I have tried reinstalling windows multiple times, changed/RMAd my RAM & PSU and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by EpicNeo, Jan 21, 2022.

1. EpicNeo Win User

Multiple BSODs daily unknown cause

Hi,I have been hitting multiple BSODs daily on my W10 install. I have tried reinstalling windows multiple times, changed/RMAd my RAM & PSU and reinstalled all drivers etc. and still have been hitting multiple errors daily.Can you please help check if there is any info. in the dumps that will help check what is causing the error - https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsmnTxWGhZM7iH1MAA_YIEzqJRDk?e=UPCqCsPFB system specs details for reference - https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsmnTxWGhZM7iH5vmwdZ5yU1RGB7?e=A4qfpfThanks in advance.

:)

EpicNeo, Jan 21, 2022

2. BSOD Unknown Reason

The dump file on the 18th was caused by Quick Heal again. The later ones appear to be due to bit flips. I would recommend enabling Driver Verifier on all third-party drivers using the following instructions:

1) Search for verifier using the Start Menu and select the verifier.exe, accept the UAC prompt and you should be presented with the following screen:

Multiple BSODs daily unknown cause [​IMG]

2) Tick the following options as shown below

3) Ensure that you select the option to enable you to select drivers yourself

4) Select all drivers which are not Microsoft related and then click the Finish button. Afterwards, please reboot the computer and Driver Verifier will continue to run in the background. Please do not select the drivers which are prefixed with dump_

Win10Warlord, Jan 21, 2022
  3. buncieboy Win User
    Multiple BSODS with different errors, caused by ntoskrnl.exe

Wow thats a lot of usual causes!

Just to clarify / remove some things of that list, as mentioned the RAM has passed memtest multiple times, none of my hardware is OC'd, BIOS is fully up to date.

As far as I'm aware this is because its the single ram speed, and with it being DDR its 800*2=1600, I could be mistaken though?

As for the slots basically I was having BSOD's whenever any module was installed in one of the channels, so I had to move both modules over to the other channel, and this seemed to fix it, however I can move them back around to see what happens.

As for the memory I could have sworn I saw it on the supported list a while ago, ill check with the vendor of my PC.

Thanks for all the help Multiple BSODs daily unknown cause :)

So whats the next step?

buncieboy, Jan 21, 2022
  4. Multiple BSODs daily unknown cause

BSOD DPC_Watchdog_Violation daily

Those steps are not relevant to me. In those steps it asks to check the IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers for iastore.sys in the listed drivers.

I do not have iastore as a driver nor is that the files causing the BSOD.

The driver that is causing it (I got this from BlueScreenView) is nvstore.sys which is listed as the driver for three identical items in 'storage controllers' There are 4 items there. 3 of them are called NVIDIA nForce Serial ATA Controller. Those three
    all list this nvstore.sys as their driver.

I suspect that if I could replace or fix that driver it would solve the issue based on the advice given by Annanya. Does that sound right? If so, how would I go about it?

Dan

Daniel Freitag, Jan 21, 2022
Thema:

Multiple BSODs daily unknown cause

1. Multiple BSODs daily unknown cause - Similar Threads - Multiple BSODs daily

2. Multiple BSODs of ntoskrnl.exe daily

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple BSODs of ntoskrnl.exe daily: I'm having multiple BSODs daily, however no driver is listed on the blue screen during the crash. Taking a look at the minidumps with BlueScreenView says that ntoskrnl.exe has crashed but nothing else is listed.I have seen a multitude of different bug check strings during the...
  3. Multiple BSODs daily unknown cause

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple BSODs daily unknown cause: Hi,I have been hitting multiple BSODs daily on my W10 install. I have tried reinstalling windows multiple times, changed/RMAd my RAM & PSU and reinstalled all drivers etc. and still have been hitting multiple errors daily.Can you please help check if there is any info. in the...
  4. Multiple BSODs daily unknown cause

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Multiple BSODs daily unknown cause: Hi,I have been hitting multiple BSODs daily on my W10 install. I have tried reinstalling windows multiple times, changed/RMAd my RAM & PSU and reinstalled all drivers etc. and still have been hitting multiple errors daily.Can you please help check if there is any info. in the...
  5. Multiple BSOD's Daily at Random.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple BSOD's Daily at Random.: Hi All,For the past couple of months I have been dealing with Daily Random BSODs on my HP 15-en0023dx Gaming Laptop.My Specs:CPU: Ryzen 7 4800HGPU: GTX 1660 Ti/CPUs iGPURAM: 16GB Crucial 3200MhzSSD: WD SN730OS: Windows 11 21H1I currently have the computer hooked up to a...
  6. Multiple BSOD's Daily at Random.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple BSOD's Daily at Random.: Hi All,For the past couple of months I have been dealing with Daily Random BSODs on my HP 15-en0023dx Gaming Laptop.My Specs:CPU: Ryzen 7 4800HGPU: GTX 1660 Ti/CPUs iGPURAM: 16GB Crucial 3200MhzSSD: WD SN730OS: Windows 11 21H1I currently have the computer hooked up to a...
  7. Multiple BSODS by an unknown cause.

Multiple BSODS by an unknown cause.: Hey everyone, for the past 8 month since I got this new computer I've been getting constant BSODS usually IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL and I'm not able to locate the cause. I have run memtest86 and no errors occurred I tried switching drivers, and still the bsod's continue......
  8. Multiple BSODs daily

Multiple BSODs daily: Ever since I built this PC I've been having lots of BSODs and problems with programs and games overall. Here is the link to my 3 most recent minidump files and system info let me know if I did this right, I was trying to follow instructions:...
  9. BSOD - Unknown Cause

BSOD - Unknown Cause: I have been running into issues with my PC for the past couple of days and the BSOD. I have tried my best to troubleshoot and even re-imaged my system from scratch and the issue is still occurring. Prior to the re image the issue would happen while I was using the PC but...
  10. Unknown Daily/weekly BSOD

Unknown Daily/weekly BSOD: either every few days or at least once a week i get a BSOD. from what i can tell it happens at random. ill either be at my desktop doing nothing, or playing a game, or just even logging into my computer and it has the chance to Blue Screen. I need help pinpointing the driver...