Windows 10: Multiple BSODs - dxgmms2.sys, volsnap.sys, bcmwl63a.sys and more.

Discus and support Multiple BSODs - dxgmms2.sys, volsnap.sys, bcmwl63a.sys and more. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I built my own computer a few weeks ago and since day one I have been getting BSODs from it and I can't seem to narrow down the issue.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by thomas7, Oct 11, 2016.

1. thomas7 Win User

Multiple BSODs - dxgmms2.sys, volsnap.sys, bcmwl63a.sys and more.

Hello,

I built my own computer a few weeks ago and since day one I have been getting BSODs from it and I can't seem to narrow down the issue.

I've been receiving BSODs such as:

- DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (dxgmms2.sys)
    - KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED (volsnap.sys)
    - SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLES (bcmwl63a.sys)
    - PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA (This one appears most and without a .sys reference)
    - REFERENCE BY POINTER

I have tried:
    - Windows Restore
    - Removing my graphics card and using the MoBo
    - Removing all RAM and running Windows with one stick at a time to try and locate bad RAM.
    - Removing WiFi PCI card and running Windows through Ethernet
    - Formatting disk and reinstalling windows.
    - (Post-reformatting) Only installing minimal software/drivers to narrow problem
    - Updating all drivers / windows.
    - Driver Verifier (It continually crashed my computer, as it's supposed to, however I couldn't disable it and had to restore windows and lost the dump files)

System Spec:

Computer type: PC/Desktop
    CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00 GHz
    Motherboard: ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING
    Memory: Corsair Dominator Platinum ROG 16GB DDR4 3200MHz
    Graphics Card(s): ASUS GEFORCE GTX 1070 8GB
    WiFi: ASUS PCE-AC68

I do have some minidump files on my system and I've uploaded them:
    Attachment 105555

This is driving me absolutely nuts and I cannot figure out what the problem is. I assume there is more than one issue due to all the different errors on the BSOD.

Thank you for your help.

Thomas.

EDIT: Formatting.

:)

thomas7, Oct 11, 2016
  2. J.WW Win User

BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL as well as others

Hey sorry for the very late reply, driver verifier did not create new dump files for some reason.

However I had run Bluescreen viewer which shows all of the causes, the following was in red; ntoskrnl.exe (this one occurred 6 times), Watchdog.sys happened once and dxgmms2.sys followed two days after, then it was volsnap.sys, ucx01000.sys, Wdf01000.sys
    than finally ScpVBus.sys (this one ocurred on startup after using driver verifier). These all happened in the space of a month and no BSOD happened before them. I am going to take out 2 sticks of ram from my 4 and I am also looking at doing a reinstall of
    windows.

3. VMVV Win User
    dxgmms2.sys BSOD in Battlefield 4 TechPreview 10547 x64

Try to interchange memory chips in their slots, I've made it and dxgmms2.sys BSOD got out.

4. Ztruker Win User

Latest dump indicates a problem with LGBusEnum.sys:

Code: ffff9281`33e63140 fffff80a`b6403135Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\LGBusEnum.sys, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for LGBusEnum.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for LGBusEnum.sys LGBusEnum+0x3135[/quote] This belongs to your Logitech keyboard driver I believe. Similar problem here: LGBusEnum.sys causing BSoD in latest update

Ztruker, Oct 12, 2016
Thema:

1. Multiple BSODs - dxgmms2.sys, volsnap.sys, bcmwl63a.sys and more. - Similar Threads - Multiple BSODs dxgmms2

2. dxgmms2.sys BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    dxgmms2.sys BSOD: As title says At first some random application like Roblox, discord, or other crashing at unknown reason then followed by Windows BSOD caused by SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M in module dxgmms2. I got this BSOD like 5-10 times a week This happen usually after I...
  3. dxgmms2.sys BSOD

dxgmms2.sys BSOD: Hello, A while back, my computer lost power while it was installing windows updates. Since then, I've had BSODs every couple days, with various errors pointing to a driver error. These were annoying, but manageable. I tried a few basic troubleshooting steps, like using a...
  4. BSOD / dxgmms2.sys / usbxhci.sys / nvlddmkm.sys

BSOD / dxgmms2.sys / usbxhci.sys / nvlddmkm.sys: I bought a new PC, that I built myself, and it crashes randomly, mostly when I play games but a couple of times while I was browsing. The first4-5 times it crashed it didn't restart on its own, but after that the counter is working and it's restarting. I uninstalled and...
  5. SYSTEM_EXCEPTION(dxgmms2.sys

SYSTEM_EXCEPTION(dxgmms2.sys: why Iam I getting this error????????SYSTEM_EXCEPTION(dxgmms2.sys) when Iam playing euro truck on my computer and how can i fix this problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/systemexceptiondxgmms2sys/5925ee55-ab6e-462e-953c-c17bd12cee33
  6. dxgmms2.sys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    dxgmms2.sys: While gaming I get this crash in blue screen dxgmms2.sys I have an Nvidia gts 450 gpu 4gb ram intel i3 2100 motherboard https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dxgmms2sys/d4b72fca-ae42-4ea6-9a2e-3b25b396ca62
  7. BSOD dxgmms2.sys and nvlddmkm.sys

BSOD dxgmms2.sys and nvlddmkm.sys: Usually this happen when i play Overwatch. I have updated drivers,check windows,disks. Here is my minidump file: Link I hope someone can help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-dxgmms2sys-and-nvlddmkmsys/50fc8b79-7f54-4903-8428-b9236531b44c
  8. BSOD featuring dxgmms2.sys

BSOD featuring dxgmms2.sys: Got another BSOD earlier tonight, this time with dxgmms2.sys cited onscreen. 85143
  9. SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED - dxgmms2.sys

SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED - dxgmms2.sys: Hi, I've encountered this BSOD while gaming since I upgraded my home computer to Windows 10 back in October 2015. I've been in contact with Nvidia's support but they pretty much blamed Microsoft and since they can't recreate the problem they're unable to help. There's a...
  10. Frequent dxgmms2.sys related BSOD's

Frequent dxgmms2.sys related BSOD's: Since the last windows update I get frequent crashes with the above source referenced. My Nvidia graphic driver is overwritten by a seemingly unstable one by windows update. My only resolution to cure the problem is to roll back to an older version, whereby I can play...