Windows 10: Multiple BSODs in a fresh install of Windows 10

Discus and support Multiple BSODs in a fresh install of Windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a Dell Inspiron 17 5748 laptop, and just installed a new SSD disk. The old HDD is now running in place of ODD. Since then I get frequent BSODs.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Vermunds, Oct 28, 2015.

1. Vermunds Win User

Multiple BSODs in a fresh install of Windows 10

I have a Dell Inspiron 17 5748 laptop, and just installed a new SSD disk. The old HDD is now running in place of ODD.
    Since then I get frequent BSODs. I don't think it has something to do with SSD, but who knows.

Already tried: CHKDSK on both drives, Memtest, and moving pagefile to HDD.

The requied files are attached:
    Attachment 45333

Sorry for grammatical mistakes, english is not my native language.

:)

Vermunds, Oct 28, 2015

2. BSOD UNEXPECTED KERNAL MODE TRAP

I recently did a fresh install of windows 10 on my PC. It seems in periods of high internet use (downloading multiple large files at once) I get a BSOD UNEXPECTED KERNAL MODE TRAP with the error code wdf01000.sys. I ran driver verifier and had my computer
    crash several times to get these dumps. Any help would be appreciated.

Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

JeezoFreak, Oct 28, 2015
  3. frequent bsods even efter fresh install "im out of options to try"

Hi Hamza,

We appreciate you sharing with us those information and all the troubleshooting steps you've done.

Since you've done reinstalling Windows repeatedly, it seems that the issue now is with the hardware itself.

At this point, it is best that you contact your PC manufacturer for further assistance.

Should you have further queries, we're just a post away.

Regards.

Michelle Her, Oct 28, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Daemon tools, Alcohol 120% and Power Archiver Pro uses SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD), which is a well known cause for BSOD's.
    Please remove Daemon Tools and run the SPTD pass through remover.

• Uninstall Daemon Tools
    • Download the SPTD standalone installer and follow these steps:
      • Double click the executable to open it
      • Click on the button shown below

Multiple BSODs in a fresh install of Windows 10 [​IMG]

If the button is grayed out, like in the image, there is no more SPTD installation on your system, and you can close the window

5. Vermunds Win User
    Done, the uninstall was greyed out. But that is all?

Vermunds, Oct 28, 2015
  6. axe0 New Member
    The network drivers were flagged, but Daemon tools drivers too.
    My thought is that Daemon tools was causing the crashes.

If any BSOD occurs, please re-run the tool and upload the new zip file.

7. Vermunds Win User
    Yesterday it happened again, I didn't noticed untill now:
    Attachment 45488
    I think that SPTD is somehow still installed, but the installer is still greyed out.

Vermunds, Oct 29, 2015
  8. axe0 New Member

You're correct
    Code: *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for sptd2.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for sptd2.sys[/quote] The driver is located at
    Code: c:\windows\system32\drivers\sptd2.sys[/quote] Please try manually removing
    Move the file to another directory
    • If there are problems, move the file back
    • If there are no problems, delete the file

9. Vermunds Win User
    I did it, but the system is unable to boot without it. The boot animation is starting, then BSOD occurs. It says INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE.
    Even safe mode fails, I had to use command line to put back the file, to be able to start Windows.

Vermunds, Oct 29, 2015
  10. axe0 New Member
    *Shock

Please show me the details of this driver
    Right click the file > properties > tab details > make a screenshot of this tab and post it.

11. Vermunds Win User
    It's hungarian, i hope it is not a problem:
    Attachment 45516

Vermunds, Oct 29, 2015
  12. axe0 New Member
    It certainly is not a problem *Wink
    It states clearly, SCSI Pass Through Direct driver.
    But I am wondering why it is not removed by the SPTD remover, or the SPTD remover doesn't know this 1 yet.
    What has been modified/installed of programs on the 28th?

13. Vermunds Win User

28th of October?
    Nearly all program was installed on 27th.
    But here is a list of 28th according to "Programs and Features":
    Attachment 45519
    Mainly just some games and a 3d design program

Vermunds, Oct 29, 2015
  14. axe0 New Member
    According to the screenshot, that file has been modified or something on the 28th.

15. Vermunds Win User
    If I remember correctly, Daemon tools was installed on that day too, but it's already uninstalled. Maybe this modified.

Vermunds, Oct 29, 2015
Thema:

1. Multiple BSODs in a fresh install of Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Multiple BSODs fresh

2. Multiple BSODs after fresh install of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple BSODs after fresh install of Windows 10: Hello!Yesterday, 02/JUN/2022, I formatted my computer and did a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro 64-bit using the ISO from the Microsoft website which I believe is version 21H2. Today, 03/JUN/2022, I had 4 BSODs. I opened a case with Microsoft, the technician asked me to...
  3. Multiple BSODs after fresh install of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple BSODs after fresh install of Windows 10: Hello!Yesterday, 02/JUN/2022, I formatted my computer and did a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro 64-bit using the ISO from the Microsoft website which I believe is version 21H2. Today, 03/JUN/2022, I had 4 BSODs. I opened a case with Microsoft, the technician asked me to...
  4. Multiple BSODs after fresh install of Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Window 10 fresh installation BSOD

Window 10 fresh installation BSOD: HelloToday I installed windows 10 on a new SSD drive. From time to time it would throw me a BSOD. Usually it was DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL or REFERENCE_BY_POINTER. I think I temporarily fixed the problem by changing the Start value in...
  6. Window 10 fresh installation BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window 10 fresh installation BSOD: HelloToday I installed windows 10 on a new SSD drive. From time to time it would throw me a BSOD. Usually it was DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL or REFERENCE_BY_POINTER. I think I temporarily fixed the problem by changing the Start value in...
  7. Window 10 fresh installation BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. BSoD on a fresh install of Windows 10

BSoD on a fresh install of Windows 10: Hello! First time here and I am really hoping someone could help me figure this out. I am having constant BSoDs and I have tried fixing the error codes that pop on the screen. I went as far as doing a fresh install of Windows 10 and I still keep getting them. I have searched...
  9. Multiple BSODs on a fresh installation of Windows...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Multiple BSODs on a fresh installation of Windows...: This is a last ditch effort. I've contacted Microsoft and they remoted in and tried fixing it. Nothing is working. A few of the BSODs I've had: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT (multiple mentions) IRQL_GT_ZERO_AT_SYSTEM_SERVICE SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (blank message)...
  10. Multiple BSODs on startup are preventing fresh install of Windows 10

Multiple BSODs on startup are preventing fresh install of Windows 10: My laptop was having screen glitching issues a few days ago. I tried updating my graphics drivers, uninstalling recent apps. Nothing worked so I decided to do a clean reset. The reset failed and then I started getting blue screens. I tried to boot up in safe mode but the...