Windows 10: Multiple BSODs in Windows 10

Discus and support Multiple BSODs in Windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi All, I just registered in hope you can help me with my problem. Yesterday I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. In windows 7 I used to get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Chikolad, Aug 14, 2015.

1. Chikolad Win User

Multiple BSODs in Windows 10

Hi All,
    I just registered in hope you can help me with my problem.
    Yesterday I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. In windows 7 I used to get BSODs about once a week. The really weird thing is that it was related to whenever I rebooted my router. About 50% of the time, a few minutes after I rebooted my router I would get a BSOD a few minutes afterwords, and other than that BSODs were very rare.

Now in windows 10 I get BSODs all the time, with different codes, and today it started happening on startup too (I'm in safe mode now).
    The code I get on start up BSODs: SPECIAL_POOL_DETECTED_MEMORY_CORRUPTION
    I also had BAD_POOL_CALLER and MEMORY_MANAGEMENT but those weren't on startup.

I attached the zip file created from the log collector.
    I would appreciate any help.

Thanks!

:)

Chikolad, Aug 14, 2015

2. Multiple BSODs caused by ntkrnlmp.exe in Windows 10

Also, i not that to geeky to comprehend what was written in the .DMP file, you can also check this:

BSOD - ntoskrnl.exe & ntkrnlmp.exe Solved - Windows 10 Forums

it says that it regards the BIOS. . . . ?

Gina_on_the_thread, Aug 14, 2015
  3. Multiple BSODs caused by ntkrnlmp.exe in Windows 10

Hi Gina

There is another stick of Kingston 8GB RAM in the other available slot. They are both DDR4-2400MHz and have latency ratings of CL17 so they are perfectly compatible.

Below is a screenshot of my page file size for the SSD. I don't think this is the issue though. Perhaps you can help with BSODs and have a look at the dump file, or perhaps someone else can help.

Multiple BSODs in Windows 10 [​IMG]

Drew Behrens, Aug 14, 2015
  4. Chikolad Win User

I should also add that before the startup BSODs started, I tried solving the other BSODs by running Driver Verifier. When I did, I discovered that I had a bad driver related to Cyberlink PowerDVD (driver was 000.fcl). I removed PowerDVD from my system, and then the startup BSODs started happening.
    I'm telling you this because you might see some of those 000.fcl related dumps in what I uploaded, but I don't think that's what causing the problem anymore.

Chikolad, Aug 14, 2015
  5. Boozad Win User
    All of the dumps are blaming NetLimiter 2.0. The driver is very old, either look for an update to the program here or uninstall it.
    Code: BugCheck C1, {ffffcf8185a36fe0, ffffcf8185a36ff8, 874018, 24} *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nltdi.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nltdi.sys Probably caused by : nltdi.sys ( nltdi+c5be ) Followup: MachineOwner --------- 0: kd> lmvm nltdi start end module name fffff801`d9a50000 fffff801`d9a6d000 nltdi T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: nltdi.sys Image path: \??\C:\Windows\system32\drivers\nltdi.sys Image name: nltdi.sys Timestamp: Sun May 13 13:34:38 2007 (464705DE) CheckSum: 00020001 ImageSize: 0001D000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote]

Boozad, Aug 14, 2015
  6. Chikolad Win User
    @Boozad, you're a genius!

I uninstalled NetLimiter 2 and it got rid of the BSOD on startup! Let's hope I never see any one of these again *Smile
    And I'm going to go and uninstall any ancient app I have on this machine...

Thank you!

Chikolad, Aug 14, 2015
  7. Boozad Win User
    You're most welcome, thanks for letting us know. I'm glad your issue is resolved, be sure to let us know if you have any further issues. *Smile

Boozad, Aug 14, 2015
  8. Chikolad Win User

By the way, it's so nice to see people helping others with these kinds of issues without expecting anything in return. I don't take this for granted at all!

Chikolad, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Multiple BSODs in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Multiple BSODs

2. Multiple BSOD's in a week

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple BSOD's in a week: I've had multiple BSOD's as of late, all typically happening while playing games, once when locking my PC with [WIN+L].Posting for help since it's happened 3 times this week, which is way more often than normal.When viewing the reliability monitor, the most recent BSOD was a...
  3. Multiple BSOD's in a week

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple BSOD's in a week: I've had multiple BSOD's as of late, all typically happening while playing games, once when locking my PC with [WIN+L].Posting for help since it's happened 3 times this week, which is way more often than normal.When viewing the reliability monitor, the most recent BSOD was a...
  4. Multiple BSOD's in a week

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. multiple BSODs with different errors and I'm out of thigs i can try

multiple BSODs with different errors and I'm out of thigs i can try: hi windows community,i had a lot of crashes today that happened seemingly at random with multiple error codes and some were straight crashes without a blue screenI've done a system file check, DISM, chkdsk and memory diagnosis and all either returned clean or fixed something...
  6. multiple BSODs with different errors and I'm out of thigs i can try

in Windows 10 Gaming
    multiple BSODs with different errors and I'm out of thigs i can try: hi windows community,i had a lot of crashes today that happened seemingly at random with multiple error codes and some were straight crashes without a blue screenI've done a system file check, DISM, chkdsk and memory diagnosis and all either returned clean or fixed something...
  7. multiple BSODs with different errors and I'm out of thigs i can try

8. Multiple BSODs with ntoskrnl.exe error [Dump files attatched] Win 10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple BSODs with ntoskrnl.exe error [Dump files attatched] Win 10.: BSODs happen at anytime, usually idle, but when it happens in-game, it's a complete PC freeze, not a BSOD. Every BSOD is due to a ntoskrnl.exe error. Computer is a few years old, I recently reinstalled windows within the past month, everything was fine until the past 2 weeks,...
  9. Multiple BSODs with ntoskrnl.exe error [Dump files attatched] Win 10.

Multiple BSODs with ntoskrnl.exe error [Dump files attatched] Win 10.: BSODs happen at anytime, usually idle, but when it happens in-game, it's a complete PC freeze, not a BSOD. Every BSOD is due to a ntoskrnl.exe error. Computer is a few years old, I recently reinstalled windows within the past month, everything was fine until the past 2 weeks,...
  10. Multiple BSODs with ntoskrnl.exe error [Dump files attatched] Win 10.