Windows 10: Multiple BSODs - potentially due to drivers

Discus and support Multiple BSODs - potentially due to drivers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey there,My computer has BSOD'd four or five times in the past two days. The errors it's come up with have been System Service... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GabrielHawkes, Jul 14, 2021.

1. Multiple BSODs - potentially due to drivers

Hey there,My computer has BSOD'd four or five times in the past two days. The errors it's come up with have been System Service ExceptionIRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUALKMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLEDIt has been repeatedly trying to boot after these issues, but needs time to reset before it boots up again properly.After reading multiple online help guides, I've ran a Win Mem Diagnostic and had no issues whatsoever with the RAM, as well as updating all the drivers to the most recent versions, and still it crashes.It appears to crash randomly rather than when I'm doing something stressful, but I believe the i

:)

GabrielHawkes, Jul 14, 2021
  2. alexsubri Win User

BSOD- atikmpag.sys

This is most likely due to an installation/upgrade error with ATI driver's. I suggest doing DriveSweeper and the following:
    • Drivesweeper all drivers & in Safe Mode
    • Unistall all drivers that aren't used in DriveSweeper (CCC Profiler Updates, MSI AfterBurner, anything related to ATI that use's it's drivers.)
    • After you do this, the first thing you need to do is go into Device Manager and Unistall your ATI Drivers
    Multiple BSODs - potentially due to drivers [​IMG]

Once your done, restart the PC and then try installing the latest drivers.

I had several issues with this in the past, but I overcame it with logical reasoning and whenever I have a driver issue, I just use these steps and I always overcome the problem.

Best of luck! *Toast :toast:

alexsubri, Jul 14, 2021
  3. herrshaun Win User
    [SOLVED] Multiple random BSODs, all pointing to the kernel

No BSODs yet but I haven't been playing World of Warcraft which I suspect to be a possible cause.

Was the driver verifier step necessary or just a suggestion?

herrshaun, Jul 14, 2021
  4. Tenforo Active Member

Multiple BSODs - potentially due to drivers

Windows 10 Multiple BSOD

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I can understand how frustrating it could be when things go unusual. I will certainly help you.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if this helps:

Method 1: Uninstall and re-install the drivers.

Step 1: I suggest you to uninstall the Graphic Card Drivers and then re-install them.

Follow these steps to uninstall the drivers.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager.

• Search for Graphic card and expand it.

• Right click on the driver and select
      Uninstall.
    Step 2: I suggest you to re-install the drivers, go to the manufacturer’s website to download the graphic drivers for your laptop and then install them.

Refer the below link:

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download

Method 2: You can try installing the drivers in compatibility mode and check if this helps:

• Press the ‘Windows key on the keyboard.

• Type compatibility in the search box and then press enter.

• Click “Run programs made for previous versions of Windows” option from the list appeared in the left side.

• Select the drivers and install.

Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Tenforo, Jul 14, 2021
Thema:

Multiple BSODs - potentially due to drivers

1. Multiple BSODs - potentially due to drivers - Similar Threads - Multiple BSODs potentially

2. BSOD due to installation of driver updates.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD due to installation of driver updates.: Started with BSOD - hswultpep.sys after installing new drivers. Tried to repair but nothing and now error 0xc00000f. I have tried to reset and recover but nothing will go through and also no restore points. I have tried to install via USB but no option appears available like...
  3. BSOD due to drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD due to drivers: My pc has been crashing sometimes lately. The Windows log state a task-id 41 with category 63 kernel-power. I've done some research, but since this is a very common and general issue, I started searching in combination with the bugcheckcode, which in my case is 307. I saw a...
  4. BSOD due to drivers

BSOD due to drivers: My pc has been crashing sometimes lately. The Windows log state a task-id 41 with category 63 kernel-power. I've done some research, but since this is a very common and general issue, I started searching in combination with the bugcheckcode, which in my case is 307. I saw a...
  5. Windows crashes due to multiple errors possibly due to drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows crashes due to multiple errors possibly due to drivers: My computer has recently been crashing a lot, giving errors such as:Reason Code: 0x80010001 Shutdown reason "hardware maintenance"I've done some research, I've updated as many drivers as I can, but the problem persists, even though now it only occurs while gaming.Now, in...
  6. Windows crashes due to multiple errors possibly due to drivers

Windows crashes due to multiple errors possibly due to drivers: My computer has recently been crashing a lot, giving errors such as:Reason Code: 0x80010001 Shutdown reason "hardware maintenance"I've done some research, I've updated as many drivers as I can, but the problem persists, even though now it only occurs while gaming.Now, in...
  7. Windows crashes due to multiple errors possibly due to drivers

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. BSOD Potentially Driver Issues or Hardware?

BSOD Potentially Driver Issues or Hardware?: Hi Please see my previous thread here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/programs-crashing-and-performance-issuesfreezing/00bd4dcc-47e5-4a40-a3a0-0d6f31156b34? In summary, I've done a clean install of Windows 10, replaced the GPU, replaced the CMOS...
  9. BSOD Due to Driver Issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD Due to Driver Issues: Hi MS Community, I've recently built a new PC for gaming and have encountered BSOD a few times this week. I ran driver verifier and my computer crashed on boot up, so I think it's safe to say this is a driver issue. I'm not sure how to read the DMP file, so I was hoping...
  10. BSOD Potential Driver Issue

BSOD Potential Driver Issue: Hi, I have been having BSOD issues with different errors popping up. While researching each error it points to either a driver or hardware issues that I haven't been able to track down. The latest one lead me to the instructions to upload DMP files for review after forcing a...