Windows 10: Multiple BSODs when stress testing on stock settings

Discus and support Multiple BSODs when stress testing on stock settings in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey all, I keep getting BSODs as soon as I start a stress test on stock settings as well on my previous stable overclock. I was able to perform these... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MatthewEsquerra, Sep 20, 2019.

1. Multiple BSODs when stress testing on stock settings

Hey all,

I keep getting BSODs as soon as I start a stress test on stock settings as well on my previous stable overclock. I was able to perform these tests when I built the system back in March, but I upgraded my cooling to a custom loop and wanted to see the difference it made, but I am unable to since it instantly crashes. Help please! Below is a link to the dump files.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqRRmpEzfE_RjXdZuUm_ubddfDYg?e=PtH6XP

:)

MatthewEsquerra, Sep 20, 2019
  2. Thrackan Win User

PC reboots (no BSOD) on CPU stress

Hi fellow TPU members,

not too long ago, the box my gf's PC was transported in gave way on the stairs. Yes, you got it right, that sent a PC tumbling down a flight of steps alright.

Stuff broke. Also, stuff remained intact somehow.

I bought her a new case, new CPU cooler and we removed the floppy drive, so far so good. But the PC started crashing for no apparent reason, without a BSOD.

I tested:
    • Memtest86+, left overnight, 0 errors
    • Scanned the HDD for errors, nothing there
    • Left FurMark burning up the GFX card and drawing some power, no problems there
    • Ran Ubuntu from a Live CD doing nothing special, didn't crash
    • Ran OCCT, Linpack, Prime95, all 3 caused reboots within minutes
    • Oh, and I disabled "Restart on error" so I'm sure it's not a BSOD.
    Now, I can still try and test something CPU intensive on Ubuntu, but my guess is the CPU didn't survive.
    Before I do anything drastic like whippin' out the magic wallet and get her a new AMD quad, is there anything I didn't see?
    I'm guessing the motherboard could be borkered as well, but can I check that other than replacing the CPU with a working one?
    Any suggestions on which proggies I can use from an Ubuntu Live CD to stress the CPU?

Thrackan, Sep 20, 2019
  3. Linney Win User
    Multiple BSOD

Bug Check 0x1A: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT

Bug Check 0x1A MEMORY_MANAGEMENT - Windows drivers

MEMORY_MANAGEMENT BSODs, accompanied by occasional app crashes/GPUTDR.

MEMORY_MANAGEMENT BSODs, accompanied by occasional app crashes/GPUTDR.

The relevant Parameter appears to be 0x41284 which means, A PTE or the working set list is corrupted, which in itself means nothing to most of us poor Windows users. I still wonder if this is not just bad RAM?

Is it possible to remove one stick of RAM for testing purposes and then test all sticks one at a time (that's is you have multiple sticks of RAM, otherwise it is a daft suggestion on my part).

Linney, Sep 20, 2019
Thema:

Multiple BSODs when stress testing on stock settings

1. Multiple BSODs when stress testing on stock settings - Similar Threads - Multiple BSODs stress

2. BSOD only with gaming and not in stress test

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD only with gaming and not in stress test: Problems: everything is perfectly normal except for gaming. Every time I launch a "recent" game I got a BSOD. Most of the time the BSOD happens when rendering tasks are starting. So basically I can get to the menu I start the game and just after loading I crash. It happened...
  3. BSOD only with gaming and not in stress test

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD only with gaming and not in stress test: Problems: everything is perfectly normal except for gaming. Every time I launch a "recent" game I got a BSOD. Most of the time the BSOD happens when rendering tasks are starting. So basically I can get to the menu I start the game and just after loading I crash. It happened...
  4. BSOD only with gaming and not in stress test

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Freeze then BSOD when stress testing CPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Freeze then BSOD when stress testing CPU: My computer crashes and I get the BSOD stating clock watchdog timeout after freezing when doing a stress test on my CPU - ram tests ok. I have checked the PSU - bought a new one and cooling and used different ram as well. All to no avail....
  6. Freeze then BSOD when stress testing CPU

Freeze then BSOD when stress testing CPU: My computer crashes and I get the BSOD stating clock watchdog timeout after freezing when doing a stress test on my CPU - ram tests ok. I have checked the PSU - bought a new one and cooling and used different ram as well. All to no avail....
  7. BSOD when Playing Games - Stress tests do not cause BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when Playing Games - Stress tests do not cause BSOD: Hello Community!I present to you... a weird one.I have a brand new AORUS 15P i7 3080 Laptop that crashes and studders during games... only sometimes.My Background. I work full time in the IT industry and have been for the last 7 years in a senior role. General...
  8. BSOD when Playing Games - Stress tests do not cause BSOD

BSOD when Playing Games - Stress tests do not cause BSOD: Hello Community!I present to you... a weird one.I have a brand new AORUS 15P i7 3080 Laptop that crashes and studders during games... only sometimes.My Background. I work full time in the IT industry and have been for the last 7 years in a senior role. General...
  9. BSOD when Playing Games - Stress tests do not cause BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Stress Testing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stress Testing: How can this happen to such an important and highly visible update? Was the update not thoroughly tested prior to release? I have a banking IT Audit background and am surprised this was not caught, because I would think this would be obvious during testing. Thanks....