Windows 10: Multiple BSODs when waking from sleep and at random

Discus and support Multiple BSODs when waking from sleep and at random in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've been dealing with this issue for a couple months. At first I thought it was memory related since my memory failed a memtest and was replaced, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by CharlesA, Nov 29, 2018.

1. CharlesA Win User

Multiple BSODs when waking from sleep and at random

I've been dealing with this issue for a couple months. At first I thought it was memory related since my memory failed a memtest and was replaced, but now I'm running into bug checks with the following values:
    MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
    MULTIPLE_IRP_COMPLETE_REQUESTS
    SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
    CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION

The latest one being a CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION error, which is included in the attached dump from 11/28. I have also attached some minidumps from 11/5, 11/9, 11/14, and 11/17, 11/18. They were all different BSODs from what I can remember.

I am at a loss. My hard drive, and two SSDs test OK via HD Sentinel. I let Memtest86 run for 5 passes and it didn't pick up any errors. I have reset my BIOS and made sure nothing was overclocked. I even tried swapping the video card to a GXT 770 I had in my old rig since I ran into a BSOD issue before that turned out to be the video driver killing the system, but I still got the same SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION errors. I have done a clean install of Windows 10 multiple times but it seems the issue keeps cropping up at random. It will be fine for a week, then blow up twice in one day, so it makes it hard to pinpoint an exact trigger.

My system specs are in my profile. I'll update my bios version when I get a chance, but it's from 2014 on an older Gigabyte board that has had no updates in years.

Any help with figuring this out would be great.

Thanks in advance.

:)

CharlesA, Nov 29, 2018

2. wake from sleep issue in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply. Apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to check which devices are configured to wake up the computer from sleep by following the steps below:

• Right click on Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the command line below:
    Powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

3. Check if the devices (Keyboard, Mouse, Ethernet cable) are listed.

If the system is not going to sleep and going to Hybernate, the only option to wake up is to press the Power button.

Hope the information is helpful.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 29, 2018
  3. Sleep / Wake Function, malfunctions after waking

Hi,

Issues that arise after waking up the PC from sleep mode might have been caused by a software conflict or system file corruption. For us to clarify the issue, we would like to ask these questions:

• What is the exact issue that you are experiencing?
    • Did you notice any recent system changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you encountered any error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

If you are having issues waking your PC from sleep, we suggest running the
    Power troubleshooter
    as an initial troubleshooting. Kindly follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Troubleshoot, and then press Enter.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, click on Power.
    • Click on Run the troubleshooter button.
    • Follow the onscreen guide.

We will wait for your response.

Janeane Cru, Nov 29, 2018
  4. Multiple BSODs when waking from sleep and at random

Random wake ups

For some reason my computer now wakes up at random from S3 sleep. I have no idea why. Nothing is scheduled. Its completely random.

I just turned magic packet off so I am testing that now. But its bugging the hell out of me why it would just wake up!

Any ideas?

TheMailMan78, Nov 29, 2018
Thema:

Multiple BSODs when waking from sleep and at random

1. Multiple BSODs when waking from sleep and at random - Similar Threads - Multiple BSODs waking

2. Random BSOD when waking PC from sleep, won't restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random BSOD when waking PC from sleep, won't restart: Randomly when my PC is asleep it will BSOD when waking it. It used to say it was caused by zamguard64.sys, so I followed a guide to remove it completely from my computer. Now I get BSOD but it doesn't say what causes it. It also never creates a dump file and it never...
  3. Random BSOD when waking PC from sleep, won't restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random BSOD when waking PC from sleep, won't restart: Randomly when my PC is asleep it will BSOD when waking it. It used to say it was caused by zamguard64.sys, so I followed a guide to remove it completely from my computer. Now I get BSOD but it doesn't say what causes it. It also never creates a dump file and it never...
  4. Random BSOD when waking PC from sleep, won't restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. BSOD when waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD when waking from sleep: Whenever my computer sleeps it gives me a BSOD with a "THREAD STUCK IN DEVICE DRIVER" code Here are my dump files and system info. https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApvOHIqH5IbxgYUnOTNC3F5PHkQ3BQ?e=4b60Ob...
  6. Random BSOD - Occured When Waking from Sleep

Random BSOD - Occured When Waking from Sleep: See attached. Thanks for your help! 74236
  7. BSOD when waking from sleep

BSOD when waking from sleep: Hi I have had this problem for some months now. While I can put the computer to sleep, each time I wake it up it causes a BSOD. I have followed many threads about this. some suggesting it is video driver problem. So I uninstalled and reinstalled my Nvidia driver but the...
  8. BSOD When Waking from Sleep

BSOD When Waking from Sleep: Just built a new computer. All of the drives and the Windows installation is the same as in the old system. I don't know if the issue would have occurred in the old system as I never tried to put my computer to sleep. I was getting one BSOD when waking from sleep (something...
  9. BSOD when waking from sleep mode and randomly when starting PC

BSOD when waking from sleep mode and randomly when starting PC: (PS when I tried to post this once it didn't show up so if it's like a moderator has to see this and this was submitted twice, really sorry!!) Hello all, my PC is crashing when it wakes up from sleep mode lately. I know it is a driver for sure, I've been told it's a driver...
  10. BSOD when waking from sleep

BSOD when waking from sleep: Greetings forum, Ever since I upgraded to Windows 10, I've been seeing BSODs about once a month when waking my desktop from sleep. I would greatly appreciate any help on this matter. I've never encountered this on Windows 8.1. I've attached the zip file as instructed...