Windows 10: Multiple BSODs while gaming

Discus and support Multiple BSODs while gaming in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi guys I mainly play Rainbow Six Siege on an Alienware m15 i7-8750H, RTX 2060 6GB, 16GB, 144Hz [laptop], and I've had this problem since I got this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AnavAggarwal, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Multiple BSODs while gaming

Hi guys

I mainly play Rainbow Six Siege on an Alienware m15 i7-8750H, RTX 2060 6GB, 16GB, 144Hz [laptop], and I've had this problem since I got this laptop. Also, this following issue is present across all games, not just Siege; while playing, the screen will freeze and I'll be able to hear the game sound and my teammates on Discord they can hear me too.

After a few seconds, I get the BSOD. There is never a numeric code, a few of the text codes I have faced are CRITICAL PROCESS DIED most common, UNEXPECTED STORE EXCEPTION fairly common, SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION uncommon and KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED only once.

One interesting thing to note, the BSOD does not change from 0% whenever the automatic restart is turned off.

And if the auto restart isn't turned off, the laptop restarts and runs a system check. Usually no error is found, but sometimes "Boot failure on device" pops up.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated!

PS: I might be missing out on a few codes, my apologies for that.
    So far, my LCD panel has been replaced once, and motherboard twice in hopes of fixing the error.

:)

AnavAggarwal, Mar 24, 2020

2. BSOD When playing games

Hi Jackson,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Please share the information requested below:

• Does the BSOD occur while playing a particular game?
    • Is the game downloaded from Windows Store?

I suggest you to update the Graphic Card drivers by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Refer the link below for more information:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 24, 2020
  3. P. Stone Win User
    Win 10 - Multiple BSODs issues, running games.

Ever since the Windows Anniversary update was released I started to experience crashes on games at launch and multiple BSOD errors.

Errors found:

• Crash to desktop
    • Application xxx.exe has been blocked from accessing graphical hardware
    • Screen black - mouse, audio and game still functioning
    • Screen freezes
    • "DirectX function "device->CreateTexture2D ..... failed with DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED
    • DirectX function "hr1" failed with DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED

BSOD errors:

• MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
    • SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
    • IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    • SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
    • PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

Computer Specifications:

OS - Windows 10 64 Bit, Version 10.0.14393

CPU - Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz, 4001 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)

GPU - Nvidia Geforce GTX 970, Driver 21.21.13.7633

RAM - 16.0 GB

Motherboard - ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming, Version 2003

PSU - Corsair CX650M

Storage

SSD - Samsung SSD 850 EVO - 250GB

HHD - WDC WD1003FZEX-00K3CA0 - 1TB

Case

Cooler Master - CM 690 III Mid Tower

List of tests I've tried:

• Ran FurMark Stress Test for an hour, no crashes.
    • Uninstalled graphics drivers with DDU, reinstalled latest drivers and old drivers, no changes.
    • Ran memory diagnostic tool
    • Updated motherboard bios to version 2003, I believe there is a newer version just recently released.
    • Ran sfc /scannow
    • Ran MemTest86
    • Reinstalled Windows 10
    • Disabled Xbox DVR
    • Tested adding TdrDelay, no help.
    • Reseated graphics card
    • Reseated RAM

Included a system information file and driver view file to
    One Drive

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated, been stuck with these issues for months now.

P. Stone, Mar 24, 2020
Thema:

Multiple BSODs while gaming

1. Multiple BSODs while gaming - Similar Threads - Multiple BSODs while

2. BSOD constantly while gaming and or doing multiple things

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD constantly while gaming and or doing multiple things: getting alot of blue screens, but i dont know how to read dump files, checked my disks, system files and updated 200 drivers what it feels like but no avail, will share dump files here if anyone could read em for mehttps://1drv.ms/u/s!Alf67WR6b6Vll1IAevkLan55doxx?e=VcNYuV...
  3. BSOD constantly while gaming and or doing multiple things

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD constantly while gaming and or doing multiple things: getting alot of blue screens, but i dont know how to read dump files, checked my disks, system files and updated 200 drivers what it feels like but no avail, will share dump files here if anyone could read em for mehttps://1drv.ms/u/s!Alf67WR6b6Vll1IAevkLan55doxx?e=VcNYuV...
  4. Multiple BSOD while playing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple BSOD while playing games: Hello,i am getting multiple BSODs, while playing Black Desert Online. I've already tried /sfc, /dism.exe and chkdsk scans, but everything seems to be correct. System is stable while its running idle, but under load it return BSOD. I updated chipset and graphic card drivers...
  5. Multiple BSOD while playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple BSOD while playing games: Hello,i am getting multiple BSODs, while playing Black Desert Online. I've already tried /sfc, /dism.exe and chkdsk scans, but everything seems to be correct. System is stable while its running idle, but under load it return BSOD. I updated chipset and graphic card drivers...
  6. BSOD while gaming, multiple times.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD while gaming, multiple times.: Good day,I have been suffering from BSODs over the past few days. I assume it is graphics driver related, just because it always seems to be graphics related when I reach out for assistance. It seems like Nvidia just does not care that much about their mid and low tier...
  7. BSOD while gaming, multiple times.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD while gaming, multiple times.: Good day,I have been suffering from BSODs over the past few days. I assume it is graphics driver related, just because it always seems to be graphics related when I reach out for assistance. It seems like Nvidia just does not care that much about their mid and low tier...
  8. Multiple Different BSOD Errors while gaming

Multiple Different BSOD Errors while gaming: Hi everyone, As I mentioned in the title, I have been experiencing the BSOD multiple times with a different error each time. This seems to occur only when I am playing a PC game. The issue first occurred after playing Fallout 4 for about a week. Since then, the crashes...
  9. Multiple BSOD while gaming

Multiple BSOD while gaming: I have a 2 month old PC that I built myself and have been having problems with recently. I usually get a BSOD when gaming and this can be anywhere from 10 minutes into the game or 1 hour into the game. My last two instances the screen actually turned totally red and...
  10. Multiple differernt BSODS while gaming on multiple games

Multiple differernt BSODS while gaming on multiple games: Hey really lost on this one as I have not really dealt with BSODS before. I build my computer a couple months ago. Recently while gaming I have had roughly 5 BSODS. They are all for different things it seems like and I have no clue how to fix it. It wont do it while sitting...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. rainbow six siege bsod