Windows 10: Multiple card support problems since Win 10 upgrade.

Discus and support Multiple card support problems since Win 10 upgrade. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, Since installing Windows 10 I've been having difficulty with my Geforce GTX 660 and GT 610 cards working together; I have them hooked up to two... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Username, Aug 14, 2015.

1. Username Win User

Multiple card support problems since Win 10 upgrade.

Hi,
    Since installing Windows 10 I've been having difficulty with my Geforce GTX 660 and GT 610 cards working together; I have them hooked up to two separate monitors with the 660 being the primary (obviously). When my computer sorted itself out for the first time (after Win 10 upgrade) only the 660 worked and the 610 came up with the "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)" error in device manager. I tried reinstalling the latest drivers for both the cards through GeForce Experience and the manual install process initially, then uninstalled the 610, did a restart. When it booted up the 610/ second monitor became the primary (at normal res) and the 660 was spitting out at something tiny. I've done this a few times, sometimes uninstalling both cards, but every time it does that then the 660 will seem to sort itself out after a couple minutes and cut the other monitor completely; back to square one.

This is starting to get quite annoying. Some help would be much appreciated, thank you *Smile.

:)

Username, Aug 14, 2015
  2. ipellant Win User

ati firegl v3500 driver for wondows 10

I had the same problem when upgrading my old workstation to Windows 8

FireGL drivers for Windows 7 worked well with Windows 8... assume same for Win 10.

I have since retired my old FireGL cards. A Radeon HD6450 card seems as fast with OpenGL and is fully supported in Win 10

AMD web site should have the FireGL drivers for Win 7. maybe under Legacy Drivers

ipellant, Aug 14, 2015
  3. torbar Win User
    Login Error: Windows coulcn't connect to the group policy client

Not sure that these comments will be helpful but are more my experience with the problem.

1. First occurrence on my wife's laptop with Win 8.1 - numerous attempts by Dell to resolve with limited success - error message repeated multiple time over the span of multiple months

2. Upgraded wife's laptop to Win 10 and problem repeated

3. Formatted drive, reinstalled Win 10, did not have Win 10 key, support attempted to resolve the issue and caused further problems, reinstalled Win 10 from a different build and so far Ok

4. Check another laptop (Win 10 Home) and desktop (Win 10 Pro) - did not have the gpsvc keys

5. Error showed on desktop with Win 10 - reinstalled Win 10 Home but wanted Pro - support walked through the upgrade from Home to Pro - upgrade semi-worked but caused numerous other problems - created a later install flash drive that chooses the appropriate
    version (Pro or Home) of Win 10 to install

6. So far problem has been eliminated on wife's laptop and my desktop - 2-3 months - both PCs used 7 days a week

7. Problem surfaced on in-law's desktop (not PC tech savvy) - added gpsvc keys via REGEDIT - worked for 2-3 weeks and in-laws indicate same problem surfaced - have not gone to in-laws (hour drive) to determine problem - did indicate to them that I would
    reinstall Win 10 if it surfaced again.

torbar, Aug 14, 2015
Thema:

Multiple card support problems since Win 10 upgrade.

1. Multiple card support problems since Win 10 upgrade. - Similar Threads - Multiple card support

2. Processor not supported for Win 10 to Win 11 Upgrade??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Processor not supported for Win 10 to Win 11 Upgrade??: Did a compatibility check to upgrade from Win 10 to Win 11 using PC Health. All parameters were fine except for my processor. Processor is an Intel Core i5 7400 @ 3 Ghz. It meets all the requirements for Win 11 so far as speed and cores are concerned, I think. Any thoughts or...
  3. Processor not supported for Win 10 to Win 11 Upgrade??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Processor not supported for Win 10 to Win 11 Upgrade??: Did a compatibility check to upgrade from Win 10 to Win 11 using PC Health. All parameters were fine except for my processor. Processor is an Intel Core i5 7400 @ 3 Ghz. It meets all the requirements for Win 11 so far as speed and cores are concerned, I think. Any thoughts or...
  4. Win 10 Upgrade problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 Upgrade problem: Hello ,I have a problem with the upgrade of windows 10 from installation media of windows 10. First, It takes almost 5 minutes to install:Whenever I, install windows 10 then it always stuck my processor and in the screen it is written "Working on updates":After, a lot of...
  5. Win 10 Upgrade problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 Upgrade problem: Hello ,I have a problem with the upgrade of windows 10 from installation media of windows 10. First, It takes almost 5 minutes to install:Whenever I, install windows 10 then it always stuck my processor and in the screen it is written "Working on updates":After, a lot of...
  6. Win 10 Upgrade problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Win 10 upgrade problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 upgrade problem: I went to upgrade Windows 7 on my Dell desktop utilizing Activation Key and got this error before I had a chance to enter the key. This is the error code 0xc1900101-0x20017...
  8. RADEON HD 4650 Card Not Supported For Win 10?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    RADEON HD 4650 Card Not Supported For Win 10?: A DELL Optiplex MT 990 equipped with a RADEON HD 4650 Video Card seems to be unsupported by Windows 10 compatible drivers. (The reason for this configuration is obscure.) The OS is Windows 10 Pro Version 1809, Build 17763.379. The PC freezes occasionally -- for reasons that...
  9. can't print since Win 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    can't print since Win 10 upgrade: Hello, I upgraded my 4-5 year-old HP Envy laptop from its native Win 8 to Win 10 a few months ago. Since then, I haven't been able to print to my HP Envy 4500 series printer. I *did*, just today, print a configuration page, but I can't print from Notepad, Word, the net,...
  10. Printer "support" links not working since upgrading from W7 to Win 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer "support" links not working since upgrading from W7 to Win 10: I have Epson Stylus Photo P50 printer. Since upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10, some of the "support" links are not responding. EG selecting "Check Ink Levels" or "Nozzle Check". These functions were working perfectly well before upgrading to Windows 10. How to...