Windows 10: Multiple columns in vertical taskbar?

Discus and support Multiple columns in vertical taskbar? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is there any chance/hack/possibility to have multiple columns when locating the taskbar on the side of the desktop? I mean, when vertical, no matter... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Grzegorz, Mar 30, 2018.

1. Grzegorz Win User

Multiple columns in vertical taskbar?

Is there any chance/hack/possibility to have multiple columns when locating the taskbar on the side of the desktop?
    I mean, when vertical, no matter how thick the taskbar is made, there is always only one icons column and one needs to scroll it, when those do not fit:

Multiple columns in vertical taskbar? [​IMG]

The only thing I found on the Net related to this is this topic:
    taskbar doesn't stack when vertical? - Windows 7 Help Forums
    But - first - I totally don't get this patent with a folder (?), and second - there are some years that passed, maybe, finally, there is a way to do this...? Or any taskbar tweaker, skin, whatever...?

:)

Grzegorz, Mar 30, 2018

2. modifying standby screen nokia 5320

Hey is there any way to change the options available in the nokia vertical bar

Yes, we can change the shortcuts column but what about the PERSONALISATION and CALENDER column which i dont require but still am forced to keep on the screen?

thanks

manikosrocks, Mar 30, 2018
  3. farby Win User
    Reading conversations after they are sent to Nokia suite from my 2330

What do you mean by Reading Pane ? The view in the Nokia Suite -- >messaging is divided in to 3 Vertical Columns .. In the First Column, Under Messages ..you will see the Folders, When Conversations is selected..In the Second Column, Under Conversations
    you will see them listed.. There is a Scroll Bar to the Right of THIS column to see more in the list ...The Third Column will show the Messages in the Conversation selected in the Second Column ...

Sorry for any mis-understanding of your Problem ..

farby, Mar 30, 2018
  4. Edwin New Member

I'm guessing the 'Pinned' Taskbar Icons stay in a single row because of the whole thumbnail preview thing.
    Perhaps with a 3rd party utility...
    Multiple rows are easily achieved creating a new Toolbar, (right click Taskbar/Toolbars/New toolbar...)
    unlock the Taskbar and drag Toolbars to desired position by hovering of the double separator bars til you see a double headed arrow, (you can drag them over top of each other to flip their positions)...

Edwin, Mar 31, 2018
  5. Berton Win User
    And the issue could involve the screen resolution, the height of the screen is less than the width. Generally an LCD or LED Flat Panel resolution has a ratio of 16:10 but possibly 16:9, mine is set at 1440x900.

Berton, Mar 31, 2018
  6. Grzegorz Win User
    Edwin, your taskbar seems to be what I need - but I can't get how to make it...
    Could you describe step by step, in a fool-proof way, and since the very beginning, how to make it?
    I don't see how to make it by adding a toolbar (?). I made a folder on a desktop, added it as a new toolbar. So I have a new toolbar on my taksbar, and the icons of the open applications keep on being in just one column.
    What do I miss...?

Grzegorz, Mar 31, 2018
  7. Kari Win User
    One option is to use small icons as I do. I have 20 shortcuts in Quick Launch toolbar, below it place for 20 windows using small icons. I pin nothing to Taskbar:

8. Grzegorz Win User

Ok, so those icons are QuickLaunch icons. In that case, this solves nothing. Running apps are still in just one column ;-(

Grzegorz, Mar 31, 2018
  9. Edwin New Member
    I can only get it to work on the top or bottom with non-combined labels!

Edwin, Apr 4, 2018
  10. cereberus Win User
    If Gurus like @Kari or others here cannot suggest a solution, I am 99% certain there is no solution but hey whenever I say that, somebody proves me wrong Multiple columns in vertical taskbar? :).

cereberus, Apr 8, 2018
Thema:

1. Multiple columns in vertical taskbar? - Similar Threads - Multiple columns vertical

2. return vertical taskbar??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    return vertical taskbar??: Would love to hear news if microsoft is bringing back the vertical task bar or not, considering they've added a vertical task bar to edge recently which has short cuts to office tools as well as applications I don't see why they are permanently against allowing users to set...
  3. return vertical taskbar??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    return vertical taskbar??: Would love to hear news if microsoft is bringing back the vertical task bar or not, considering they've added a vertical task bar to edge recently which has short cuts to office tools as well as applications I don't see why they are permanently against allowing users to set...
  4. Vertical Taskbar Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Vertical Taskbar Windows 11: When will a patch enabling vertical Taskbar be released?I just downloaded Windows 11 only to discover I can't have a vertical taskbar - on a wide screen display! That is the first thing I tried to do when I logged in for the first time.This is a deal breaker.I am reverting...
  5. Vertical Taskbar Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Vertical Taskbar Windows 11: When will a patch enabling vertical Taskbar be released?I just downloaded Windows 11 only to discover I can't have a vertical taskbar - on a wide screen display! That is the first thing I tried to do when I logged in for the first time.This is a deal breaker.I am reverting...
  6. Vertical Taskbar too wide

in Windows 10 Customization
    Vertical Taskbar too wide: Why is taskbar twice the width when moved to the vertical? I have it set at small icons but it is still twice as wide when compared to a horizontal taskbar. 172353
  7. Is it possible to split the taskbar icons into another column when the taskbar is vertical?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to split the taskbar icons into another column when the taskbar is vertical?: It's possible to have two rows of icons when the taskbar is horizontal (by making the taskbar wider) but this somehow doesn't work when it's vertical. Does anyone know a way to do this? submitted by /u/kinokomushroom [link] [comments]...
  8. Flip vertical taskbar?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Flip vertical taskbar?: Is there a utility to flip the vertical taskbar so that the start button and program icons are on the bottom? I have a secondary monitor with a vertical taskbar and it'd be nice to have the icons more in line with the end of my primary monitor. I'm already running 7+ Taskbar...
  9. Vertical taskbar width

in Windows 10 Customization
    Vertical taskbar width: There's a really nice tutorial on the old forums -> Taskbar - Change Icon Button Width Size - Windows 7 Help Forums Unfortunately it doesn't seem to work for Windows 10. Is there a way to make the vertical taskbar as thin as the horizontal one? 95810
  10. Sorting Explorer columns by multiple criteria

in Windows 10 Support
    Sorting Explorer columns by multiple criteria: Hi, I used to sort files in the w10 explorer using detailed view by date and then, by left clicking on name, the directories by name. For some reason, this does not work any more. Does anyone have an idea how I can do this again, as it worked fine until recently....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 taskbar vertical have two columns

2. taskbar two colum

3. vertical taskbar windows 10 two columns

4. windows 10 vertical taskbar two columns icons