Windows 10: Multiple Com Surrogates No Viruses

Discus and support Multiple Com Surrogates No Viruses in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; There are NO viruses on my PC... Yet there still are multiple com surrogates... Is this normal!!??... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Jayden MagicCrayon9342, Mar 21, 2020.

1. Multiple Com Surrogates No Viruses

There are NO viruses on my PC... Yet there still are multiple com surrogates... Is this normal!!??

:)

Jayden MagicCrayon9342, Mar 21, 2020
  2. Remon Ont Win User

Error Message: COM Surrogate has stopped working

Hi Bernard,

COM Surrogate is a process in Windows 10 that is in charge of showing thumbnails and similar information. Issues with COM Surrogate
    is probably caused by MacType or codecs and other COM components installed by various software, like some versions of DivX or Nero.

We would like to know some information to better assist you:

• Have you done any changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • What specific activity are you doing when the error message come up?
    • What specific troubleshooting steps have you tried so far? for us to know what troubleshooting steps we can provide next.

Please check the details of the errors using the steps below and provide us with a screenshot:

• Press Windows key + S.
    • Type View all, then click on View all problem reports Control panel.
    • Right-click on a few of the "COM Surrogate", "Stopped working" errors.
    • View technical details.

We will wait for your response.

Remon Ont, Mar 21, 2020
  3. COM Surrogate

Hi,

To better address your concern, kindly refer to the support article below:

For more information about COM Surrogate, visit this
    link

Let us know if you need further help.

Best regards.

Jeraldine Ase, Mar 21, 2020
  4. Multiple Com Surrogates No Viruses

I have neither COM Surrogate in TASK MGR nor DLL files...

I have the same thing,COM surrogate and dll not listed,weird that some people have it and others don't. I turned off 'Always show icons never thumbnails' as someone said this may help but it didn't.

sea skimmer, Mar 21, 2020
Thema:

Multiple Com Surrogates No Viruses

1. Multiple Com Surrogates No Viruses - Similar Threads - Multiple Com Surrogates

2. COM Surrogate

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    COM Surrogate: My english is not very good i hope you dont mind, anyways i have this problem where COM Surrogate is using about 90% of my GPU, I can close is however it appears again, and when i delete it it appears in C:\Users\MyPC\AppData\Roaming\ac2c2914-db85-ba9a-1a65-a8cafbdf3a8c, it...
  3. COM Surrogate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    COM Surrogate: I have been receiving the following error quite frequently, especially when I run disk cleanup. "COM Surrogate has stopped working". I have Windows 8.1 Pro. Can anyone advise me what this error represents and if I should be concerned about it?...
  4. COM Surrogate

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    COM Surrogate: Gostaria de saber se isso é um virus ou um programa legivel https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/com-surrogate/78136555-aabd-40e5-ae6e-d2acdf4ccdad
  5. COM SURROGATE TROJAN HORSE VIRUS.

COM SURROGATE TROJAN HORSE VIRUS.: I am a proud member of TEAM MICROSOFT. But I have an unresolved issue with the trojan virus that having since attacked my system has failed to leave even though I have tried numerous third-party anti-virus software desktop apps and that is after Windows Defender failed to...
  6. COM SURROGATE TROJAN HORSE VIRUS.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    COM SURROGATE TROJAN HORSE VIRUS.: I am a proud member of TEAM MICROSOFT. But I have an unresolved issue with the trojan virus that having since attacked my system has failed to leave even though I have tried numerous third-party anti-virus software desktop apps and that is after Windows Defender failed to...
  7. COM surrogate

COM surrogate: I logged on this morning and CMD automatically opened. I became concerned because nothing like this usually happens, so i opened task manager after researching reasons why this may occur and discovering that it may be caused by malware. i saw that a couple programs labelled...
  8. Com Surrogate Virus

Com Surrogate Virus: Recently, I cant save files or delete them because of "com surrogate". I think I got it when I downloaded Utorrent. I searched up how to delete it and everyone says dllhost.exe in the task manager bar :/. Sadly for me, whenever I click on dllhost.exe it immediately disappears...
  9. Com Surrogate

Com Surrogate: Hi! This days my computer shows a window that I never saw before about COM Surrogate. It says Windows Security in the name bar above but I don't thrust. What it is? It's a virus?...
  10. COM Surrogate

in Windows 10 Support
    COM Surrogate: I'm trying to delete a file or remove personal picture information from a *.jpg, but I'm told that "The action can't be completed because the file is open in COM Surrogate." What is going on? 31943