Windows 10: multiple computers 1 network portable apps

Discus and support multiple computers 1 network portable apps in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; This is just simple curiosity on my part. Those of you running several computers off 1 network Do you put portable apps on each machine or put them... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by thomaseg1, Apr 24, 2020.

1. thomaseg1 Win User

multiple computers 1 network portable apps

This is just simple curiosity on my part.

Those of you running several computers off 1 network
    Do you put portable apps on each machine or
    put them on one and run them on the others?

For instance Wise Disk Cleaner Portable is on my Gateway and I connect my HP
    through my network to my share folder on the Gatewy and run WDC from there .

:)

thomaseg1, Apr 24, 2020

2. Network Communication problem with multiple computers

Hi Jay,

Thank you for responding.

I suggest you to try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: Network discovery might be blocking you from seeing other computers and devices on the network. Check if the Network discovery is turned on. If the network discovery setting on your computer is set to off, you
    won't see other computers and devices on the network.

Steps to Turn on network discovery.

• Press Windows key, type sharing and click on
      Manage advanced sharing settings.
    • Under Private, Network discovery, check mark the option
      Turn on network discovery.
    • Try the same on all the computers connected to the network.

Method 2: If the issue still persists, run
    HomeGroup troubleshooter and check.

HomeGroup troubleshooter finds and fix problems with viewing computers or shared folders in a HomeGroup.

• Press Windows key, type troubleshooting
      and select it.
    • Click on View all in the left pane and click on
      HomeGroup
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 24, 2020
  3. Question: MiniTool Portable Partition Magic ???

Howdy, Bree:

I successfully implemented your instructions.

Default PowerSpect 1510

multiple computers 1 network portable apps [​IMG]

I have (1) issue to resolve (see printscreen):

• Not able to CREATE more than (4) partitions on Disk 2.

multiple computers 1 network portable apps [​IMG]

Might you suggest a SOLUTION?

Thank you much in advance.

~ Alan

ab1kenobee, Apr 24, 2020
  4. multiple computers 1 network portable apps

QUESTION: Efficacy of Running Portable Apps on Internal Hard Drive ?

Advantages:
    1. The biggest advantage is that it does not mess with your Windows registry.
    2. Another advantage is that you can move it around.
    3. Third advantage is that you can take it with you and does not require any network syncing services to keep your bookmarks and settings up to date (since it's the only copy of the app you use)
    4. Fourth advantage is that it can be easily backed up and restored in case of total system failure or portable app corruption.
    5. Final advantage is that it won't use any computer resources other than the HDD space taken while it is not in use.

There are probably even more advantages, and there are probably many disadvantages too, but I can't think of any right now.

slicendice, Apr 24, 2020
Thema:

multiple computers 1 network portable apps

1. multiple computers 1 network portable apps - Similar Threads - multiple computers network

2. supporting 2 networks on 1 computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    supporting 2 networks on 1 computer: I have a new computer running windows 11 with a regular 1GB nic and a 10GB sfp+. I have installed BLUEIRIS camera software on this computer. It will be a dedicated camera server, supporting 20 or more 4k 25FPS cameras. I hope to be able to isolate the cameras from the rest of...
  3. supporting 2 networks on 1 computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    supporting 2 networks on 1 computer: I have a new computer running windows 11 with a regular 1GB nic and a 10GB sfp+. I have installed BLUEIRIS camera software on this computer. It will be a dedicated camera server, supporting 20 or more 4k 25FPS cameras. I hope to be able to isolate the cameras from the rest of...
  4. SmartGenius app portable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SmartGenius app portable: Hello, i have Genius NX-7015 mouse and i did go to official Genius website to download SmartGenius app but when i downloaded it. It was setup for SmartGenius app bu it has admin rights and i don't have admin rights.Sincerely,Windows_7_2009...
  5. SmartGenius app portable

SmartGenius app portable: Hello, i have Genius NX-7015 mouse and i did go to official Genius website to download SmartGenius app but when i downloaded it. It was setup for SmartGenius app bu it has admin rights and i don't have admin rights.Sincerely,Windows_7_2009...
  6. Multiple Networks

Multiple Networks: W10 I'm now up to Network 84. Help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-networks/9d426b4a-d8e7-4daf-9d76-bc5856544b96
  7. Seeking a launcher for "portable" apps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Seeking a launcher for "portable" apps: I use several apps that do not come with an installer, but rather are available either as a single downloadable EXE or a ZIP file. Is there a customizable launcher I can put on my desktop that behaves something like a drop down menu with links to whichever files I want to...
  8. Cant find 1 computer in network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cant find 1 computer in network: I just reinstalled win 10 v.2004 on my laptop and for a while i could see the laptop on my desktop in the network section of file explorer. while trying to connect to it from my desktop it disapeard and i can not find it. i can ping it and the laptop can ping the desktop. I...
  9. multiple computers 1 network portable apps

multiple computers 1 network portable apps: This is just simple curiosity on my part. Those of you running several computers off 1 network Do you put portable apps on each machine or put them on one and run them on the others? For instance Wise Disk Cleaner Portable is on my Gateway and I connect my HP through my...
  10. Computer 1 visible to network but network not visible to Computer 1

Computer 1 visible to network but network not visible to Computer 1: I have a simple home network with multiple devices connected to it. On the network I have have several external hard drives connected thru my ASUS router. These hard drives are visible to all computers on the network with the exception of a laptop running Windows 10. All...