Windows 10: multiple computers with same MS account log in a problem?

Discus and support multiple computers with same MS account log in a problem? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Is it OK to have 2 or 3 computers with the same xxxx.outlook .com log in credentials? Would it confuse matters for example computer #1 runs on Windows... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by sportflyer, Dec 17, 2018.

1. multiple computers with same MS account log in a problem?

Is it OK to have 2 or 3 computers with the same xxxx.outlook .com log in credentials? Would it confuse matters for example computer #1 runs on Windows 10 Home with Office 2013 Home and Business
    and computer #2 has Windows 10 Pro with Office 2013 Home and Student? Would it be better to have different sign in credentials for each of the computers?

:)

sportflyer, Dec 17, 2018
  2. tjgarland Win User

Logging into computer with old MS account

The problem is, that her @HOTMAIL email is linked to one MS account and now her @GMAIL email is linked to another MS account. MS don't have a way to merge them into the one MS account (from what I understand).

The problem is, she uses @HOTMAIL when she starts up her computer and logs in. Once logged in, her OFFICE & ONEDRIVE are all using @GMAIL.

She doesn't use her @HOTMAIL account anymore except to sign into this computer. Is there a way she can sign into her computer using @GMAIL or merge the two MS accounts together?

tjgarland, Dec 17, 2018
  3. tjgarland Win User
    Logging into computer with old MS account

My friend had a MS email account (@HOTMAIL) and when she bought OFFICE 365 she was asked to set-up a MS account and used her @GMAIL for this. Now she has a problem. When she logs into her computer, she uses @HOTMAIL, yet her OFFICE 365 and ONEDRIVE are all
    using @GMAIL.

Is there someway that she can maintain her user account on her computer and access it with @GMAIL rather than @HOTMAIL.

tjgarland, Dec 17, 2018
  4. Geethu B Win User

multiple computers with same MS account log in a problem?

Problems logging in to account

Hi Suzanne,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with logging in to Microsoft Account. I will surely help you to fix this issue.

To understand the issue better, let me know what is the complete error message you get while logging in to Microsoft Account?

This issue could have occurred due to incorrect Microsoft Account Settings.

Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I suggest you to sign in to your Microsoft Account directly and check if you face any issues.

How do I sign in to my Microsoft account?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-live/sign-in-how

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to try the steps in the article which will help you to identify and fix some problems with the
    Microsoft Account.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/sign-in-cant

Note: Try the steps which you have not tried before.

To resolve the issue related to Microsoft Office 2016, I suggest you to post the query in Microsoft Office 2016 forums.

Results in Office - Microsoft Community

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Dec 17, 2018
Thema:

multiple computers with same MS account log in a problem?

1. multiple computers with same MS account log in a problem? - Similar Threads - multiple computers same

2. Multiple accounts with same fingerprint

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple accounts with same fingerprint: I want add 11+ accounts with fingerprint entry, how to evade "That fingerprint has already been set up on another account" problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-accounts-with-same-fingerprint/011534e0-6c04-4615-8866-124fecd7a403
  3. Multiple accounts with same fingerprint

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple accounts with same fingerprint: I want add 11+ accounts with fingerprint entry, how to evade "That fingerprint has already been set up on another account" problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-accounts-with-same-fingerprint/011534e0-6c04-4615-8866-124fecd7a403
  4. Multiple Comps with the same account.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multiple Comps with the same account.: I have been using the same Microsoft 10 account on my Desktop Comp, and two Laptops. I have someone who wants to use my one laptop, but my question is, if this person deletes the account on the one like completely gets rid of my account on the one laptop, will it remain on...
  5. Multiple computers and the same MS email associated - non-profit

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Multiple computers and the same MS email associated - non-profit: I run a non-profit that includes 15 computers all running MS Windows 10 Pro. As I set up the computers, I have associated each with my personal Microsoft account, since adding a MS account on computer set up seems to be required. All users, then, are linked to my account,...
  6. Multiple users in same account

Multiple users in same account: [ATTACH] I have no idea what is this on earth. Can someone please help me make that only one. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-users-in-same-account/6d3def8f-7d70-4238-b16a-8e994c9c6441
  7. Windows Multiple users snycing on same MS account

Windows Multiple users snycing on same MS account: Hello, I searched for a while and didn't find any results .. So my question is: Is it somehow possible to snyc 2 devices seperately with OneDrive Desktop, Documents etc on the same Microsoft account ? My issue is that I don't want all of my settings, desktop etc from my...
  8. Log in with multiple users on the same computer

Log in with multiple users on the same computer: There are three users on my computer, one admin & the other two standard users (no admin privilege). When one user logs on and then logs off of, a message appears "another user is logged on ….. data will be lost. The other user did not log on, so how did that other user...
  9. Signing on to multiple PC's with same MS Account - best practice pse

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Signing on to multiple PC's with same MS Account - best practice pse: I am working with an elderly couple who have always used the same user login and password on their two computers for convenience. They wish to stay with that method but with one PC at Win 8.1 and one now gone up to Win 10, I'm not sure whether we will have problems arising...
  10. Multiple Devices upgraded to Win 10 Home with same MS account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Multiple Devices upgraded to Win 10 Home with same MS account: Hello Guys, I have upgraded 3 devices from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 (Home) Device Default OS Upgraded to HP Laptop Windows 8.1 64 Bit Windows 10 Home 64 Bit HP Desktop PC Windows 8.1 64 Bit Windows 10 Home 64 Bit Dell Venue 8 Pro Windows 8.1 32 Bit Windows 10 Home 32...