Windows 10: multiple computers with same MS account log in a problem?

Discus and support multiple computers with same MS account log in a problem? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Is it OK to have 2 or 3 computers with the same xxxx.outlook .com log in credentials? Would it confuse matters for example computer #1 runs on Windows... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by sportflyer, Dec 17, 2018.

1. multiple computers with same MS account log in a problem?

Is it OK to have 2 or 3 computers with the same xxxx.outlook .com log in credentials? Would it confuse matters for example computer #1 runs on Windows 10 Home with Office 2013 Home and Business
    and computer #2 has Windows 10 Pro with Office 2013 Home and Student? Would it be better to have different sign in credentials for each of the computers?

:)

sportflyer, Dec 17, 2018
  2. tjgarland Win User

Logging into computer with old MS account

The problem is, that her @HOTMAIL email is linked to one MS account and now her @GMAIL email is linked to another MS account. MS don't have a way to merge them into the one MS account (from what I understand).

The problem is, she uses @HOTMAIL when she starts up her computer and logs in. Once logged in, her OFFICE & ONEDRIVE are all using @GMAIL.

She doesn't use her @HOTMAIL account anymore except to sign into this computer. Is there a way she can sign into her computer using @GMAIL or merge the two MS accounts together?

tjgarland, Dec 17, 2018
  3. tjgarland Win User
    Logging into computer with old MS account

My friend had a MS email account (@HOTMAIL) and when she bought OFFICE 365 she was asked to set-up a MS account and used her @GMAIL for this. Now she has a problem. When she logs into her computer, she uses @HOTMAIL, yet her OFFICE 365 and ONEDRIVE are all
    using @GMAIL.

Is there someway that she can maintain her user account on her computer and access it with @GMAIL rather than @HOTMAIL.

tjgarland, Dec 17, 2018
  4. Geethu B Win User

multiple computers with same MS account log in a problem?

Problems logging in to account

Hi Suzanne,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with logging in to Microsoft Account. I will surely help you to fix this issue.

To understand the issue better, let me know what is the complete error message you get while logging in to Microsoft Account?

This issue could have occurred due to incorrect Microsoft Account Settings.

Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I suggest you to sign in to your Microsoft Account directly and check if you face any issues.

How do I sign in to my Microsoft account?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-live/sign-in-how

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to try the steps in the article which will help you to identify and fix some problems with the
    Microsoft Account.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/sign-in-cant

Note: Try the steps which you have not tried before.

To resolve the issue related to Microsoft Office 2016, I suggest you to post the query in Microsoft Office 2016 forums.

Results in Office - Microsoft Community

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Dec 17, 2018
Thema:

multiple computers with same MS account log in a problem?

1. multiple computers with same MS account log in a problem? - Similar Threads - multiple computers same

2. Ms account login problem

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Ms account login problem: Can not login to mircosoft account because win 10 wants my password for my local account. All I have is my pin number. 137346
  3. Same screensaver on multiple computers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Same screensaver on multiple computers: We already had a laptop with Windows 10, and I recently bought a second computer also with Windows 10. After powering up the new one several times I noticed that it had somehow adopted the same screensaver as the laptop had, presumably through the internet or at least locally...
  4. Second Computer, Same Account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Second Computer, Same Account: I'm putting together another PC with a new W10 key and I was wondering if I can use the account I'm currently using on this PC on the new one without any conflict? Or do I have to create a new one?...
  5. Multiple Win10 licenses for same Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Multiple Win10 licenses for same Microsoft Account: Hi, I was wondering if it was possible to buy 2 or more licenses of Win10 with the same Microsoft Account. Basically, 2 different computers, with 2 different Win10, but same Microsoft Account to login in. Thanks in advance, Stefano...
  6. Hello: same user, multiple accounts?

Hello: same user, multiple accounts?: I use Windows Hello to log into multiple accounts (Work, Home, etc.) When I turn on the computer it automatically tries to log me into Work. Can I stop it from choosing which account I am to use? When I am logged into Work and I try to log into Home, the computer often shows...
  7. Signing on to multiple PC's with same MS Account - best practice pse

Signing on to multiple PC's with same MS Account - best practice pse: I am working with an elderly couple who have always used the same user login and password on their two computers for convenience. They wish to stay with that method but with one PC at Win 8.1 and one now gone up to Win 10, I'm not sure whether we will have problems arising...
  8. MS Account Login Problem

MS Account Login Problem: So I recently changed the alias for my MS account, was also able to figure out how to change the email address when logged into Windows. I had problems starting windows today, so I did a startup repair. When I got to the login screen it is now using my old MS account email....
  9. Multiple Keys associated with MS Account?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Multiple Keys associated with MS Account?: Am I right in thinking that with the Anniversary method of dealing with Product Key activation, that 1) if the key is associated with my MS account, if I buy a new PC, replacing the old one, then the product key will validate through my account on the new PC? 2) is it OK to...
  10. Multiple Devices upgraded to Win 10 Home with same MS account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Multiple Devices upgraded to Win 10 Home with same MS account: Hello Guys, I have upgraded 3 devices from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 (Home) Device Default OS Upgraded to HP Laptop Windows 8.1 64 Bit Windows 10 Home 64 Bit HP Desktop PC Windows 8.1 64 Bit Windows 10 Home 64 Bit Dell Venue 8 Pro Windows 8.1 32 Bit Windows 10 Home 32...