Windows 10: Multiple computers won't wake out of sleep mode/start in sleep mode

Discus and support Multiple computers won't wake out of sleep mode/start in sleep mode in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My computer would not boot up, and I tried everything I knew to get it to work to no avail. Got a new computer, everything was fine until - it went... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by MaryAlverson, Nov 7, 2018.

1. Multiple computers won't wake out of sleep mode/start in sleep mode

My computer would not boot up, and I tried everything I knew to get it to work to no avail. Got a new computer, everything was fine until - it went into sleep mode and wouldn't wake up. Reboot = sleep mode and won't wake up. All I have is a black screen. I've tried switching cables, plugs, monitors. What is going on? I feel like I am going crazy.

:)

MaryAlverson, Nov 7, 2018
  2. zukisocks Win User

Sleep Mode... It won't wake up!

computer wont wake up in Vista

thanks, The problem was that on hitting ESC or any key on the keyboard wont wake up the PC either. This seems to be a common problem with Vista from the posts here.
    When I pressed the power button funnily enough, it woke up - then I disabled the mouse ability to wake up as you said. I am not sure what the difference is between hibernate and sleep mode. I pressed start and hit sleep last time, perhaps this time I will try hitting hibernate instead. Mind I shouldnt have to do this then I am manually putting it in hibernate or sleep - isnt it supposed to go into sleep mode itself?
    Sometimes I am glad I still have Wndows XP and my other PC hee.

zukisocks, Nov 7, 2018
  3. Nick89 Win User
    No internet when computer wakes from sleep mode

No Internet when computer wakes from sleep mode or from cold start until I disable the Local area connection and then enable it.

When I run the diagnostic after it fixes the connection it says this: Local Area connection doesn't have a valid IP configuration - Fixed

But its not fixed. Every time I wake my computer up from sleep mode after its been in sleep mode for a few hours I have to disable and then enable the Local area connection.

When the computer wakes up it has a yellow triangle warning of limited or no internet access. So I have to do the above every time I wake it up.

Things I've done so far: Update drivers, No fix.

Nick89, Nov 7, 2018
  4. Multiple computers won't wake out of sleep mode/start in sleep mode

Robert Aldwinckle on forums, Nov 7, 2018
Thema:

Multiple computers won't wake out of sleep mode/start in sleep mode

1. Multiple computers won't wake out of sleep mode/start in sleep mode - Similar Threads - Multiple computers won't

2. Computer won't wake from sleep mode on occasion

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer won't wake from sleep mode on occasion: Long story short, I have a copy of Windows 10 with the latest updates as of writing this on an Intel 10700K, 32Gb RAM, Asus 3080 ROG Strix OC and a Gigabyte Z490 Aorus Pro motherboard, Razer Deathadder wired mouse and a Corsair Strafe Mechanical RGB wired Keyboard. Most often...
  3. Computer turns to sleep mode but it auto wake

Computer turns to sleep mode but it auto wake: 1. I have check in command prompt using powercfg -lastwake Wake History Count - 1 Wake History [0] Wake Source Count - 1 Wake Source [0] Type: Fixed Feature Power Button 2. Using powercfg -requests DISPLAY: None. SYSTEM: None. AWAYMODE: None. EXECUTION:...
  4. Waking from sleep mode.

Waking from sleep mode.: After a Windows 10 update four days ago, my desktop computer won't wake up after going into sleep mode. The only way I have been able to cope with this is to unplug the power for several seconds. How can I fix the problem so that touching the keyboard or mouse will wake up...
  5. Computer sleep but not sleep mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer sleep but not sleep mode: I discovered this after I left a semi-intensive program running overnight after a certain amount of time maybe 15 mins I'm not sure, my computer would freeze the program. No warning no error message but after some testing it appeared to have gone into some sort of power...
  6. PC keeps waking up out of sleep mode.

PC keeps waking up out of sleep mode.: This is really annoying and has been going on for a few months now. My PC will randomly come out of sleep mode. Iv'e turned off wake timers in the power settings but it still happens. I managed to look up other solutions and one told me to go into the event viewer and I did...
  7. ASUS Laptop Won't Wake from Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Support
    ASUS Laptop Won't Wake from Sleep Mode: OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363 System Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. System Model UX490UAR System Type x64-based PC SMBIOS Version 3.0 Problem: about 80% of the time, my laptop won't wake up from sleep mode via keyboard press or...
  8. Computer won't wake from sleep mode (Windows 10)

Computer won't wake from sleep mode (Windows 10): Since this question is closed for new comments I suggest we reopen it. Computer won't wake from sleep mode (Windows 10) Prior to the latest update the PC won't wake up from sleep. I do not know if this is a HW specific problem, drivers or whatever... but I need to know...
  9. Computer Won't Stay in Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Won't Stay in Sleep Mode: Whenever I put my computer into sleep mode, it goes to sleep normally, but then about a second after the fans stop spinning, the whole thing comes out of sleep mode as if a button was pressed or something. Power cfg -requests gives me DISPLAY: None. SYSTEM: [DRIVER]...
  10. Won't come out of sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Support
    Won't come out of sleep mode.: I have a Dell laptop with Windows 10 on it. When it goes into sleep mode, if I swipe the touch pad within a few seconds it will come out of sleep mode. However if I'm not at the computer so that it is in sleep mode for a while, then when I swipe the touch to pad wake it up...