Windows 10: Multiple connections to a server or shared resource by the same user, using more than one...

Discus and support Multiple connections to a server or shared resource by the same user, using more than one... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; What causes below error message and how to fix it? --------------------------- Restoring Network Connections --------------------------- An error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jackin, Jun 4, 2019.

1. jackin Win User

Multiple connections to a server or shared resource by the same user, using more than one...

What causes below error message and how to fix it?

---------------------------

Restoring Network Connections

An error occurred while reconnecting S: to

\\XYZPCNAME\ShareName

Microsoft Windows Network: Multiple connections to a server or shared resource by the same user, using more than one user name, are not allowed. Disconnect all previous connections to the server or shared resource and try again.

This connection has not been restored.

:)

jackin, Jun 4, 2019
  2. Josht1 Win User

Windows Share: An error occurred while reconnecting...Multiple connections to a server or shared resource...

After turning off my computer, then turning it on the next morning, I get the following message when trying to reconnect my network drive:

"An error occurred while reconnecting...Multiple connections to a server or shared resource by the same user, using more than one one user name, are not allowed. Disconnecting all previous connections to the server or shared resource and try again.

This connection has not been restored."

I would understand this message if I tried to connect with two or more user names, but I only connected with one, in fact there are only two users on the computer which can access any of the drives.

Thanks, in advanced,

Josh T.

Josht1, Jun 4, 2019
  3. Microsoft Windows Network: Multiple connections to a server or shared resource by the same user, using more than one user name are not allowed.

I have a small home network. After Microsoft forced a Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 8.1 my Windows 10 PC "Public" folder is not accessible across my home network. When trying to log in to the Windows 10 PC from my Windows 7 PC, I am getting this error
    An error occurred while connecting to N:

Microsoft Windows Network: Multiple connections to a server or shared resource by the same user, using more than one user name are not allowed. Disconnect all previous connections to the server or shared resource and try again.

The connection has not been restored.

I uninstalled Windows 10 which temporarily fixed this problem. However a few days later, Microsoft forced another Windows 10 installation and I can no longer share files across my network.

Any suggestions? Thank you.

ShiftySheik, Jun 4, 2019
  4. Bree Win User

Multiple connections to a server or shared resource by the same user, using more than one...

Can't map drive, says the resource is already in use with this user

Welcome to TenForums

I'm not a Linux user, but it appears this problem can be fixed on the server, not at the Windows client.

[Solved] How to resolve "Multiple connections to a server or shared resource by the same user" - General Support - Unraid

user share problem - General Support (V5 and Older) - Unraid

Bree, Jun 4, 2019
Thema:

1. Multiple connections to a server or shared resource by the same user, using more than one... - Similar Threads - Multiple connections server

2. Multiple desktops on machines with more than one display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple desktops on machines with more than one display: Hi there,I've got a suggestion that I don't know where to share and I don't have time to look through all the discussions. If someone finds it interesting and knows where to post it, please let me know. I really love working with multiple desktops on Windows. I usually work...
  3. Multiple desktops on machines with more than one display

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple desktops on machines with more than one display: Hi there,I've got a suggestion that I don't know where to share and I don't have time to look through all the discussions. If someone finds it interesting and knows where to post it, please let me know. I really love working with multiple desktops on Windows. I usually work...
  4. Email used with more than one account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Email used with more than one account: Hello,Since some days, when I try to connect to answers.microsoft.com, I see a page telling me: "It looks like this email is used with more than one account from Microsoft. Which one do you want to use?".If I select the 1st choice "Work or school account", it is a failure.If...
  5. Email used with more than one account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Email used with more than one account: Hello,Since some days, when I try to connect to answers.microsoft.com, I see a page telling me: "It looks like this email is used with more than one account from Microsoft. Which one do you want to use?".If I select the 1st choice "Work or school account", it is a failure.If...
  6. Email used with more than one account

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Can the built-in VPN server accept more than one incoming connection?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can the built-in VPN server accept more than one incoming connection?: I've managed to set up a VPN server on my home PC, but only one device can connect to it at a time. Each device is connecting with different credentials, and they all work if connected one-at-a-time. but if one device is already connected, then the other devices are refused...
  8. Multiple Users Share same Desktop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Multiple Users Share same Desktop: All, I have a test system that must run 24/7. These long tests cannot be interrupted by multiple users logging in at begging of shifts. Currently the testers use the same login and password. We need to identify which user is on the system. Is there a way for multiple...
  9. Share folder with more than 20 users at the same time.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Share folder with more than 20 users at the same time.: Hello, I am doing a project having 24 Debian-clients trying to map a folder on a Windows 10 machine. I was already very happy to get it all running, but then I recognized four clients not being able to map the folder. Now I found out, that my WIndows 10 only allows to handle...
  10. More than one user name for Outlook.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    More than one user name for Outlook.: How do I access either address? Only one will come up in Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/more-than-one-user-name-for-outlook/9dc5907c-7a89-49bd-99e8-578ee1816b77"