Windows 10: Multiple copies of desktop.ini needed?

Discus and support Multiple copies of desktop.ini needed? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Windows 10 has a habit of scattering desktop.ini files in odd places. Right now I have one in my Documents folder and two on my desktop. A search of my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Orthoducks, Mar 3, 2020.

1. Multiple copies of desktop.ini needed?

Windows 10 has a habit of scattering desktop.ini files in odd places. Right now I have one in my Documents folder and two on my desktop. A search of my username folder yields 17 copies, none in a location that seems natural for this file.

Where is the "real" desktop.ini? Is there any need to preserve the others?

:)

Orthoducks, Mar 3, 2020
  2. dacrone Win User

Desktop INI and Autorun

So... I have multiple external hdds. I have autoruns on them to generate Labels and Icons. That is working properly. I have multiple sub folders on those hdds. I need 2 different types of Desktop INIs that I cannot seem to get working.

**NOT Working**
    I need the parent on each of these hdds to:
    - show large icon (or just icon) view

*Working*
    I need subfolders within the parent to:
    - assign icon
    - show icon view

**NOT Working**
    I need subfolders within the subfolders to:
    - show list view

dacrone, Mar 3, 2020
  3. How to move desktop. INI file?

I want to backup my copy of a program on CD that I purchased I have the original cd and product key. copied all the files to my HD with one exception. The desktop ini file could not be copied or moved to the HD. Do I need it? If so how do I do it?

HurleyCampbell, Mar 3, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Multiple copies of desktop.ini needed?

Problem printing multiple copies

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand that you are unable to print multiple copies using your Brother MFC-LW8900CDW printer, we will look into this for you.

I would suggest you to try steps mentioned in When
    printing multiple copies or a multi-page document, only a single copy or page is printed - Windows
    and see if that helps.

If the issue persists, you can try to restart Print Spooler service. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key
      + R, to open Run dialog box.
    2. Type services.msc and click on
      OK
    3. Scroll down, look for Print Spooler, right click on it and select
      Properties.
    4. Select Automatic from the drop down for
      Startup type.
    5. Click on Start to start the service and click on
      OK.

You may also refer the Brother article
    How to print multiple copies or use the collate feature within the Windows printer driver

Let us know the results.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Mar 3, 2020
Thema:

Multiple copies of desktop.ini needed?

1. Multiple copies of desktop.ini needed? - Similar Threads - Multiple copies desktop

2. Multiple Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple Desktop: For some reason if I open two or more desktops , and i stay on one deskop for a while , my pc will automatically close the applications i have running in other desktops ... Why is this so?...
  3. Multiple copies emails

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Multiple copies emails: Using MS Live Mail in Windows 10 I am getting multiple copies of emails and now there are 20000 in my inbox. How do I stop this and also delete my inbox in full https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-copies-emails/ec58fe7a-7abb-4f79-b6ee-b962938244e8"
  4. Multiple Device Copies

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Multiple Device Copies: Can anyone tell me how to stop windows from creating multiple copies of multimedia devices? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-device-copies/a63ca9ad-0ecb-4710-83c9-c0258fb0a52d
  5. Desktop INI and Autorun

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop INI and Autorun: So... I have multiple external hdds. I have autoruns on them to generate Labels and Icons. That is working properly. I have multiple sub folders on those hdds. I need 2 different types of Desktop INIs that I cannot seem to get working. **NOT Working** I need the parent on...
  6. Scan multiple copies

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Scan multiple copies: How do i scan multiple copies? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scan-multiple-copies/d7d1f2db-ab64-4124-be07-b7692f24d9e6
  7. Multiple copy and paste

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multiple copy and paste: When I installed the Oct update the windows-v keys opened the multiple paste window. Due to a program crash I had to do a restart. Now windows-v does nothing. Everything else seem to work fine. What could be the problem? The option is turned on in the copy settings. I also...
  8. multiple desktops

in Windows 10 Customization
    multiple desktops: How do I show the taskbar only on the desktop I'm using. The settings in settings don't work. The taskbar shows on all desktops even if I select only the one I'm using. If I change the taskbar, it changes and shows on all desktops....
  9. what is a .ini icon?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    what is a .ini icon?: I have these ghostly looking .ini icons on my screen, which are connected to other documents - what are they and can I get rid of them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/what-is-a-ini-icon/11adb71a-4cd6-4a41-b307-0788047abf35
  10. Multiple desktops

in Windows 10 Support
    Multiple desktops: Just found the new feature (for windows anyway) of multiple desktops. This I like a lot, makes multitasking that much more easier :-) Does anyone know if there are, and if so, what are the keyboard controls? do I have to use the task bar button to create a new desktop, and...