Windows 10: Multiple Copies of Microsoft Files

Discus and support Multiple Copies of Microsoft Files in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Sorry if I missed a previous answer. I have multiple copies of Visual Basic C++ Redistributable files on my PC some with different years. I believe the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by oldsilenus, Jan 23, 2021.

1. Multiple Copies of Microsoft Files

Sorry if I missed a previous answer. I have multiple copies of Visual Basic C++ Redistributable files on my PC some with different years. I believe the updates are cumulative so that earlier versions may be removed. Is this true? Does it hold true between years? That is, if I keep the last 2015 copy may I delete the 2005 and 2008 copies? The same question applies to the Net Framework files. Here it is more complicated because they are not identical files, but multiple versions are present.

Thanks!

:)

oldsilenus, Jan 23, 2021
  2. temp02 Win User

Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Jan 23, 2021
  3. Wozzer Win User
    Java.nio.file - Copying files

Issue was the above, so thanks temp02.

Wozzer, Jan 23, 2021
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Multiple Copies of Microsoft Files

Problem printing multiple copies

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand that you are unable to print multiple copies using your Brother MFC-LW8900CDW printer, we will look into this for you.

I would suggest you to try steps mentioned in When
    printing multiple copies or a multi-page document, only a single copy or page is printed - Windows
    and see if that helps.

If the issue persists, you can try to restart Print Spooler service. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key
      + R, to open Run dialog box.
    2. Type services.msc and click on
      OK
    3. Scroll down, look for Print Spooler, right click on it and select
      Properties.
    4. Select Automatic from the drop down for
      Startup type.
    5. Click on Start to start the service and click on
      OK.

You may also refer the Brother article
    How to print multiple copies or use the collate feature within the Windows printer driver

Let us know the results.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jan 23, 2021
Thema:

Multiple Copies of Microsoft Files

1. Multiple Copies of Microsoft Files - Similar Threads - Multiple Copies Microsoft

2. Windows 11 multiple file copying

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 multiple file copying: Dear sirs,It would be very useful to be able to copy files multiple times, which worked in previous versions. Currently, files can only be copied 1x and needlessly wait for the next one to be selected. Fix the ability to copy multiple times. Thanks so much. BR, Jaroslav...
  3. Windows 11 multiple file copying

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 multiple file copying: Dear sirs,It would be very useful to be able to copy files multiple times, which worked in previous versions. Currently, files can only be copied 1x and needlessly wait for the next one to be selected. Fix the ability to copy multiple times. Thanks so much. BR, Jaroslav...
  4. Issues using CTL+A to copy multiple files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Issues using CTL+A to copy multiple files: I have started having issues using CTL+A to copy multiple files from a folder to paste into an email. Most but not all will paste, and frequently it is one in the middle of the list. For example, I copied 6 files from a folder using CTL+A and pasted them into an email. File...
  5. Issues using CTL+A to copy multiple files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues using CTL+A to copy multiple files: I have started having issues using CTL+A to copy multiple files from a folder to paste into an email. Most but not all will paste, and frequently it is one in the middle of the list. For example, I copied 6 files from a folder using CTL+A and pasted them into an email. File...
  6. Issues using CTL+A to copy multiple files

7. Copying multiple files to an external hard drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Copying multiple files to an external hard drive.: I am running Windows 11 and I want to copy multiple folders containing multiple files from one external hard drive to another. Prior to my upgrading to Windows 11, I was able to perform this operation. As the following screen print shows: the copy process starts.The next...
  8. Copying multiple files to an external hard drive.

Copying multiple files to an external hard drive.: I am running Windows 11 and I want to copy multiple folders containing multiple files from one external hard drive to another. Prior to my upgrading to Windows 11, I was able to perform this operation. As the following screen print shows: the copy process starts.The next...
  9. File History Backup making multiple copies

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    File History Backup making multiple copies: Have a 1TB BU external drive that I noticed was getting filled up.<br>Found one of the problems in my "File History" where I saw multiple copies of the same data.<br>I've attached a small sample of one section of "File History" and the "Properties of 1 of the multiple files,...
  10. Copy Contents of Multiple Text Files to Clipboard

Copy Contents of Multiple Text Files to Clipboard: Does anyone know how to modify the tutorial "Copy Contents to Clipboard" through some sort of command or bat file to copy the contents of multiple text files at once to the clipboard, each file separated by lines/space or something? Add Copy Contents to Clipboard to Context...