Windows 10: Multiple copies of Windows 10 in MSCONFIG Boot tab

Discus and support Multiple copies of Windows 10 in MSCONFIG Boot tab in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; For as long as I can remember the General tab in MSCONFIG always had the Selective Startup option checked with the Use original boot configuration not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by streetwolf, Aug 31, 2019.

1. Multiple copies of Windows 10 in MSCONFIG Boot tab

For as long as I can remember the General tab in MSCONFIG always had the Selective Startup option checked with the Use original boot configuration not checked as follows.

Multiple copies of Windows 10 in MSCONFIG Boot tab [​IMG]

When I check the Use original boot configuration option the default switches to Normal startup as shown below.

I then go to the boot tab and what I see is shown below.

If I apply these settings and reboot I crap out immediately with boot failures. The only way to fix things is to restore a disk image that I took before I started my quest to oblivion.

The reason I am doing this was to get back to normal startup mode. I've read that Selective startup is not an issue and it has been working fine for quite a long time. I'm just curious as to what is screwing up the boot process? I suppose the three Windows no longer exist. Delete is grayed out in MSCONFIG but I can delete them with another program. I deleted the last 2 entries thinking the first one was good. Got the same boot error when I left them there.

:)

streetwolf, Aug 31, 2019
  2. cadaveca Win User

Need some help here with a boot error in Windows Vista.

msconfig.

boot tab.

highlight OS listing.

Delete.

Apply. Restart.

cadaveca, Aug 31, 2019
  3. mcomp72 Win User
    No listing under MSConfig Boot tab / not sure what to do

I recently upgraded my SSD from a 500 GB drive to a 1 TB drive. I cloned the drive with Arocnis True Image 2016. It seemed to work, but then it wouldn't boot up. I followed some instructions I found on another forum about how to repair the bcd (booting up using the Windows 10 USB stick and going into the command prompt and running several commands), and that worked. The computer now boots up. However, I have now noticed that there is no listing under the MSConfig boot tab. Also, I don't know if System Restore is working - under C:, it says (Missing). See attached screenshots. I am not sure what to do now. I need to boot into Safe Mode, but I can't select Safe Mode in MSConfig because there is nothing listed under the Boot tab. It seems likely that whatever I did at the command prompt has messed things up. Anyone have any idea how I would fix this?

mcomp72, Aug 31, 2019
  4. trt740 Win User

Multiple copies of Windows 10 in MSCONFIG Boot tab

Need some help here with a boot error in Windows Vista.

this worked big time thx.

trt740, Aug 31, 2019
Thema:

Multiple copies of Windows 10 in MSCONFIG Boot tab

1. Multiple copies of Windows 10 in MSCONFIG Boot tab - Similar Threads - Multiple copies MSCONFIG

2. The msconfig boot tab is empty, and I can't do safe boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    The msconfig boot tab is empty, and I can't do safe boot: Hi, I do need some help. This problem started when I converted my disk from MBR to GPT using paragon partition manager. Basically, I wanna upgrade my win 10 to win 11. Apparently, the upgrade failed 0x800703ee. after reading many articles, I just try to solve the problem by...
  3. The msconfig boot tab is empty, and I can't do safe boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The msconfig boot tab is empty, and I can't do safe boot: Hi, I do need some help. This problem started when I converted my disk from MBR to GPT using paragon partition manager. Basically, I wanna upgrade my win 10 to win 11. Apparently, the upgrade failed 0x800703ee. after reading many articles, I just try to solve the problem by...
  4. The msconfig boot tab is empty, and I can't do safe boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. MSCONFIG Boot Tab..change order

in Windows 10 Support
    MSCONFIG Boot Tab..change order: In MSCONFIG Boot Tab is possible, change the order of the boot selection that appear when the system turns on ? Thank Hispa 168983
  6. Can't update and Windows is missing from the boot tab in MSconfig.

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't update and Windows is missing from the boot tab in MSconfig.: Hi everyone! I recently replaced a secondary SSD in my computer. I had boot issues because the old SSD had a recovery partition on it. I don't remember what I did unfortunately to fix all of that but I think I'm having issues because of that now. I can't update windows and...
  7. multiple copies of windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    multiple copies of windows 10: I have windows 10, and windows 10.old on (D:) and windows 10 on (C:). (D:) windows was installed 2018..... (C:) was installed 2019 and is version 1903. I don't know the version on (D:) How to remove the OS and old OS on (D:)?...
  8. Win 10 1709 upgrade to 1803 fails - no boot info in msconfig/boot tab

Win 10 1709 upgrade to 1803 fails - no boot info in msconfig/boot tab: I am trying to upgrade Windows 10 N Enterprise 1709 to 1803 (or latest).. It fails saying "we can't tell if your PC is ready to continue installing Windows 10." This is with the 1803 Enterprise N ISO run from windows or from the updaterapp ,,, One thing I noticed was that...
  9. Windows 10 not in MSCONFIG boot menu

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 not in MSCONFIG boot menu: Hi, So I was dual booting windows 7 and 10, and when I go into msconfig it used to always shows 7 and 10 in the boot menu. I deleted my windows 7 partition and wanted to make sure windows 10 is set to default OS, but now it shows nothing in the boot menu. I'm to...
  10. Multiple windows 10 copies.

Multiple windows 10 copies.: So now Windows 10 is linked to my hardware and no license key is required. So I can install windows 10 as many times as I want on the one machine in a dual boot environment? 47611

Users found this page by searching for:

1. msconfig boot menu shows multiple windows 10 copies