Windows 10: Multiple Crashes, Freezes and BSOD's

Discus and support Multiple Crashes, Freezes and BSOD's in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have had a long history of issues with this PC, involving a mixture of Crashes (like cable being pulled out full black screen), freezes (unresponsive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by buncieboy, May 4, 2016.

1. buncieboy Win User

Multiple Crashes, Freezes and BSOD's

I have had a long history of issues with this PC, involving a mixture of Crashes (like cable being pulled out full black screen), freezes (unresponsive and audio plays on loop), and BSOD's. I fixed the first set of issues by moving my RAM onto a different channel, and since then issues came and went, usually lasting a month or two and then it being stable with no issues for a few months and then something else would come back.
    I had a few issues that were fixed about a month back, so I decided to upgrade to windows 10, Within a day I got a freeze, and since then I have had one BSOD one Crash and 5 or more Freezes. I have tried updating all the drivers I could think of, and tried checking event viewer to no affect.
    Regarding the BSOD I know which driver caused it and believe it isn't an issue any more, its mainly the freezes I would like to fix. I have stress tested my hardware a lot and I never encounter any errors with it, however if recommended I will happily test again.
    So does anyone have any ideas on how to start tackling these problems, and hopefully coming to a permanent fix?
    Thanks for your time

PS I know this isnt really about BSOD, but I didnt know if here was the right place to post it

:)

buncieboy, May 4, 2016

2. Constant Crashes

Well, it was 5 days this time, but BSOD again and this time it was 5 minutes after a freeze and black screen crash.

TheJoeGreene, May 4, 2016
  3. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL While playing games

Hello,

Occasionally while playing a game on my PC it will freeze and then a few seconds later go to a BSOD with the error code IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.

Driver Verify created a minidump but I do not know how to open the .dmp or how to examine it to see what causes this crash.

This has been an ongoing issue for me and I've tried re-installing and updating multiple drivers to no prevail. Please help!

Thank you,

-Andrew

andrew49andrew, May 4, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

Lets see if the logs show anything that could cause a freeze *Smile
    Please read How to upload files

axe0, May 4, 2016
  5. buncieboy Win User
    Sorry I missed that, here you go! Attachment 78336

buncieboy, May 4, 2016
  6. axe0 New Member
    Have you done a clean install since your upgrade?

I have analyzed the dump, I think you're aware of it that it looks like a Razer driver is flagged?
    Did you also know that the Norton heuristics & Real Time Storage Protection drivers are flagged?

I see many Windows Update failures.

Multiple Crashes, Freezes and BSOD's [​IMG]
    Diagnostics Test
    Multiple Crashes, Freezes and BSOD's [​IMG]
    System File Check
    Please try following:
    • Open an admin command prompt
    • Copy/paste "sfc/scannow" (without quotes) and press enter
    • When it finished reboot your system
    • Open again an admin command prompt
    • Enter sfc/scannow again
    If sfc/scannow says "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them" after the second SFC, please upload the cbs.log file located at %systemroot%\Logs\CBS\, if the file is too large try a 3rd party uploader like dropbox, onedrive, google drive, mediafire etc.
    System File Check(SFC a.k.a. Windows Resource Protection) needs to have your system rebooted in order for sfc to try to fix the problems that it finds.

axe0, May 4, 2016
  7. buncieboy Win User
    No I only upgraded a few days ago, haven't had a chance to, I didn't know the drivers are flagged, what does this mean and what should I do about it?
    People always say that, but my windows is fully up to date I assure you, I had the same issue on another form where he saw it as not updated, but when I look at windows update it had all updates installed. Any ideas about that?
    Running sfc/scannow now, will keep you informed!
    Thanks for the help and quick reply *Biggrin

buncieboy, May 4, 2016
  8. axe0 New Member

Which do you mean? The Razer drivers or the Norton drivers or both?

Windows does a few attempts to install the updates when they failed to install in a matter of time, this makes a user not aware of the failures in most cases.

axe0, May 5, 2016
  9. buncieboy Win User
    Both. Like what would you recommend I start doing to actively fixing these issues?

buncieboy, May 5, 2016
  10. axe0 New Member
    Update/reinstall the drivers from Razer and remove Norton while troubleshooting would my suggestion be.

11. buncieboy Win User
    Will do that now! Will get back to you once SFC has finished.
    Thanks for your time *Biggrin

buncieboy, May 5, 2016
  12. buncieboy Win User
    Need to sleep now, will get back to you tomorrow, thanks for the help so far! *Biggrin

buncieboy, May 5, 2016
  13. buncieboy Win User

Ran sfc/scannow (after running it last night) after turning pc on, and got told "Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation".
    I will re run it now?
    Could it be that I turned it off last night, and then waited overnight before trying again?
    Thanks for the help *Biggrin

buncieboy, May 5, 2016
  14. axe0 New Member
    Run following command in an admin command prompt
    Code: DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth[/quote]

15. buncieboy Win User
    When I try running that it got stuck at 20%, so I restarted it and it now is just displaying Image version: 10.0.10586.0 (rest of pc is working fine)

buncieboy, May 6, 2016
Thema:

1. Multiple Crashes, Freezes and BSOD's - Similar Threads - Multiple Crashes Freezes

2. Multiple BSOD crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple BSOD crashes: Hello, I'm looking for some help troubleshooting blue screen crashes I'm getting on my PC. They started some time around last year and they used to happen once in a while but have increased in frequency to the point of getting 3+ crashes a day. I've gotten multiple crash...
  3. Multiple BSOD crashes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple BSOD crashes: Hello, I'm looking for some help troubleshooting blue screen crashes I'm getting on my PC. They started some time around last year and they used to happen once in a while but have increased in frequency to the point of getting 3+ crashes a day. I've gotten multiple crash...
  4. Multiple BSoD/Freeze

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Multiple BSoD/Freeze: All ready been through support, and support remote access. Here is my system info: Device name KevinProcessor AMD Ryzen 7 4700G with Radeon Graphics 3.60 GHzInstalled RAM 32.0 GB 31.4 GB usableSystem type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processorPen...
  5. Multiple BSOD Crashes

Multiple BSOD Crashes: I have been getting seemingly random BSODs regularly, and I've gotten a wide variety of error codes. Memory Management, Video Memory Management Internal, and multiple others. I tried to troubleshoot a while back, but I was met with dead ends. I replaced my RAM, my SSD, and...
  6. Multiple BSODs and crashing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Multiple BSODs and crashing: This is already my third post on this problem, because the two other people i talked to stopped responding. Basically I have recently upgraded my PC and now I am getting multiple BSOD errors and frequent crashes. However I have no idea why this happens nor how I can...
  7. Multiple BSOD Crashes

Multiple BSOD Crashes: Over the last couple weeks I've been experiencing multiple BSOD crashes. I've followed the steps in the following thread https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/driver-verifier-tracking-down-a-mis-behaving/f5cb4faf-556b-4b6d-95b3-c48669e4c983 and...
  8. Multiple BSOD and freezing

Multiple BSOD and freezing: Hi ! My desktop pc freezes or gets BSOD multiple times per day. The pc is on about 16h per day and sometimes it has just done a restart when I not have been sitting by it and at other times I have got a Bluescreen or just freezing when I have been "working" on it. Sometimes...
  9. BSOD with multiple errors, random freezing and crashing

BSOD with multiple errors, random freezing and crashing: I've been having (and ignoring) these issues for a while, but they've started occurring more often lately and it's becoming a nuisance. The PC seems to crash randomly. If it crashes once, it's almost guaranteed it will crash again once or twice within the first few minutes...
  10. Windows 10 Multiple Bsod crashes and screen freezes

Windows 10 Multiple Bsod crashes and screen freezes: Hello, im here becouse i need some help i got my PC few months ago but recently i started to getting multiple Bsod crashes with many different asserts. I refreshed my PC to fabric settings and removed all data from hard drive but it didnt help and im still getting these...