Windows 10: Multiple daily BSODs on a Dell XPS 9560 for more than 2 months

Discus and support Multiple daily BSODs on a Dell XPS 9560 for more than 2 months in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I have 2 identical machines bought on the same day (about 18 months ago). Both have been working flawlessly for more than a year before one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by EricPerigny, Dec 10, 2018.

1. Multiple daily BSODs on a Dell XPS 9560 for more than 2 months

Hi,

I have 2 identical machines bought on the same day (about 18 months ago). Both have been working flawlessly for more than a year before one started to have daily BSODs, mostly with the IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL, but sometimes also with BAD POOL HEADER. The faulty computer was "reset" several times since then and updated with newest BIOS and drivers. A new BIOS version has been released in the past few weeks but didn't solve the issue.

As it seemed related to RAM, I swapped the memory between the 2 computers to see if the problem would follow the physical RAM, but it did not.

I am at a point of despair, any help will be very much appreciated Multiple daily BSODs on a Dell XPS 9560 for more than 2 months :)

:)

EricPerigny, Dec 10, 2018
  2. GregS200 Win User

Dell XPS 15 9560: missing drag lock for touchpad

System: Dell XPS 15 9560, WIndows 10 Home

When using the touchpad, I like to be able to perform multiple drag operations, without having to double-tap to invoke the drag operation each time I lift my finger. For the last 15+ years there has always been an option called "drag lock", that allows
    the drag to operate as follows:

• The drag operation is invoked by double-tapping on a draggable object
    • The object is moved by sliding one's finger
    • If one's finger is lifted, the drag operation will NOT terminate, and more drag operations are possible
    • The drag operation is terminated by another double-tap
    I simply can't find an option for drag lock in the Windows 10 touchpad settings. Please PLEASE tell me there is some way to enable this feature!

Cross posted on the Dell forums: Drag lock for touchpad? - Dell Community

GregS200, Dec 10, 2018
  3. BSOD on startup with code 0xc00000e9 with Dell XPS 15 9560

Hi all,

when starting up my new Dell XPS 9560 I randomly get a BSOD with error code 0xc00000e9. I then proceed to press Esc for the UEFI settings, change nothing, and I am able to start up normally. I have no external device connected to my laptop. How can I make
    this go away? Thanks.

Multiple daily BSODs on a Dell XPS 9560 for more than 2 months d8dd4774-d75c-41d9-b8e4-fa0dcef6d364.jpg

Multiple daily BSODs on a Dell XPS 9560 for more than 2 months 9617bffe-67de-4dcb-a8ec-a37fef0876b7.jpg

LorenzoMagnolfi, Dec 10, 2018
  4. Multiple daily BSODs on a Dell XPS 9560 for more than 2 months

Dell xps 9560 Touchscreen not working

I have a dell xps 9560 with a 4k touchscreen display. The touchscreen is not working currently and trying troubleshoot does not solve the problem. Going into device manager and looking for HID complaint touchscreen doesn't work since that isn't even in
    my device manager. Everyone's response to this is just try troubleshoot or device manager but no one has an answer outside of those. How can I reinstall HID complaint touchscreen in my drivers? Please help, everyone always responds with the same two answers
    that do not work. Thank you very much.

AmirElahidoust, Dec 10, 2018
Thema:

Multiple daily BSODs on a Dell XPS 9560 for more than 2 months

1. Multiple daily BSODs on a Dell XPS 9560 for more than 2 months - Similar Threads - Multiple daily BSODs

2. Dell Xps 15 9560 BSOD when unplugging from WD15 Dock, error...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dell Xps 15 9560 BSOD when unplugging from WD15 Dock, error...: Every single time I unplug my xps15 9560 from my wd15 dock I immediately get BSOD error. The stop code is: System_thread_exception_not_handledWhat failed is: usbxhci.sysThe only suggestion I could find is to uninstall the usb root hub drivers and restart, but that didn't...
  3. BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR appearing randomly for more than a month

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR appearing randomly for more than a month: Hi everyone.I have my computer doing blue screen that I can't reproduce when I want to. My computer is 2 years old, and it used to have its screen freeze for a few seconds with the sound going crazy at the same time, before I had these BSOD, so maybe there is a link between...
  4. BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR appearing randomly for more than a month

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR appearing randomly for more than a month: Hi everyone.I have my computer doing blue screen that I can't reproduce when I want to. My computer is 2 years old, and it used to have its screen freeze for a few seconds with the sound going crazy at the same time, before I had these BSOD, so maybe there is a link between...
  5. BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR appearing randomly for more than a month

6. Multiple BSODs daily

Multiple BSODs daily: Ever since I built this PC I've been having lots of BSODs and problems with programs and games overall. Here is the link to my 3 most recent minidump files and system info let me know if I did this right, I was trying to follow instructions:...
  7. BSOD stopcode repeatedly on my XPS 9560.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD stopcode repeatedly on my XPS 9560.: Hello, BSODs happened after a windows update, with multiple BSOD in loops on my laptop. I managed to find a workaround, the machine is always stable when running on only 1 core, My configuration is Dell XPS 15 9560 BIOS 1.18.0 Windows 10.0.18362 SKU 07BE Intel core i7...
  8. Dell XPS 9560 - Daily BSODs

Dell XPS 9560 - Daily BSODs: Hey all - just to start by saying thank you for giving your time to help people out with issues like this. Background - I've had my Dell XPS 9560 laptop for about 2 years now. For the majority of that time, it's been rock solid, apart from having to swap out the original...
  9. Stuttering Bluetooth Mouse on Dell XPS 15 (9560)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuttering Bluetooth Mouse on Dell XPS 15 (9560): I have a problem with bluetooth mice. The mice, which work perfectly on other computers, stutter massively on my XPS 15 (9560) to the point which it's pretty difficult sometimes to do anything. If I bring the mice right next to the usb receiver, then they work well, but 50-60...
  10. BSOD Multiple Times Daily After Windows 10 Upgrade on Dell XPS 720

BSOD Multiple Times Daily After Windows 10 Upgrade on Dell XPS 720: Please see the attached V2 collector log and let me know if you need anything else. Computer has passed the Windows Memory Diagnostic. The bug check code is: 0x00000109 referring to it being caused by driver ntoskrnl.exe at address: ntoskrnl.exe+1bc900. I have also noticed...