Windows 10: Multiple DCOM errors in the event viewer

Discus and support Multiple DCOM errors in the event viewer in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; hi! I have tried to assign all the permissions as I read online and I still couldn't fix the DCOM errors which is making my machine reboot multiple... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by UtkarshDhotekar, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Multiple DCOM errors in the event viewer

hi!

I have tried to assign all the permissions as I read online and I still couldn't fix the DCOM errors which is making my machine reboot multiple times everyday. I am also attaching the log from event viewer below. Please help! this is extremely irritating.

Log Name: System
    Source: Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM
    Date: 12-09-2018 16:03:56
    Event ID: 10016
    Task Category: None
    Level: Error
    Keywords: Classic
    User: BUMBLEBEE-PC\utkar
    Computer: Bumblebee-PC
    Description:
    The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
    {D63B10C5-BB46-4990-A94F-E40B9D520160}
    and APPID
    {9CA88EE3-ACB7-47C8-AFC4-AB702511C276}
    to the user BUMBLEBEE-PC\utkar SID (S-1-5-21-2526883295-3309620579-917017189-1001) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.
    Event Xml:
    <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    <System>
    <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM" Guid="{1B562E86-B7AA-4131-BADC-B6F3A001407E}" EventSourceName="DCOM" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">10016</EventID>
    <Version>0</Version>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>0</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <Keywords>0x8080000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2018-09-12T10:33:56.930980200Z" />
    <EventRecordID>32003</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation />
    <Execution ProcessID="1076" ThreadID="6296" />
    <Channel>System</Channel>
    <Computer>Bumblebee-PC</Computer>
    <Security UserID="S-1-5-21-2526883295-3309620579-917017189-1001" />
    </System>
    <EventData>
    <Data Name="param1">application-specific</Data>
    <Data Name="param2">Local</Data>
    <Data Name="param3">Activation</Data>
    <Data Name="param4">{D63B10C5-BB46-4990-A94F-E40B9D520160}</Data>
    <Data Name="param5">{9CA88EE3-ACB7-47C8-AFC4-AB702511C276}</Data>
    <Data Name="param6">BUMBLEBEE-PC</Data>
    <Data Name="param7">utkar</Data>
    <Data Name="param8">S-1-5-21-2526883295-3309620579-917017189-1001</Data>
    <Data Name="param9">LocalHost (Using LRPC)</Data>
    <Data Name="param10">Unavailable</Data>
    <Data Name="param11">Unavailable</Data>
    </EventData>
    </Event>

:)

UtkarshDhotekar, Sep 12, 2018
  2. Darshan J Win User

Hundreds of DCOM Error 10010 in Event Viewer

Hello,

Provide the below information to help you better.

• Have you installed all the pending updates on your system?
    • Which build of Windows are you currently on?
    • Do you have any antivirus program installed on your computer?

Event log will help us to gather information which program is causing the error in a detailed format. However event errors about timing issues are not useful for the computer end user. It’s helpful for the developers to optimize
    their program.

These timing issues are measured in Milliseconds. Most timing issues cannot be detected unless we are using a developer tool to measure them. The time period is so short that you will not even notice any effects in your computer.

Insider hub may try to connect to the server repeatedly to seek information or for updates, these error may generate if they are unable to connect the server.

However please let us know if you are experiencing any problem while this error is getting generated, so that we can help you accordingly.

You can refer to the below article's for more information on event logs.

https://www.microsoft.com/technet/s...ng+System&ProdVer=5.0&EvtID=10010&EvtSrc=DCOM

Event Viewer

Event viewer-- What is going on in your computer

For more information refer this link

Event ID: 10010 DCOM error

If you need more help on your query please reply to us for further assistance.

Darshan J, Sep 12, 2018
  3. event viewer error

DCOM errors are one of the things you should not pay attention to in Event viewer, so I can say you can safely neglect it.

Are you having any other issue related to this?

Sumit Dhiman2, Sep 12, 2018
  4. Multiple DCOM errors in the event viewer

Event viewer error with event id 10016

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

I understand that you are getting an error “DistributedCOM 10016” in the event viewer logs.

• Do you face any issues on the computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to the computer?
    This problem may occur if either of the following conditions is true:

• A program with the class ID (CLSID) that appears in the message tries to start the COM component by using the DCOM infrastructure. However, the user does not have the required permissions to start the COM component.

• The Network Service account does not have the correct permissions.

Event logs are special files that record significant events on your computer, such as when a user logs on to the computer or when a program encounters an error. Whenever these types of events occur, Windows records the event in
    an event log that you can read by using Event Viewer. Advanced users might find the details in event logs helpful when troubleshooting problems with Windows and other programs.

If you do not have any issues with app or any other program I would suggest you to ignore it.

Keep us posted if you face any issues related to Windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Sep 12, 2018
Thema:

Multiple DCOM errors in the event viewer

1. Multiple DCOM errors in the event viewer - Similar Threads - Multiple DCOM errors

2. Multiple DCOM Events

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple DCOM Events: I have noticed multiple DCOM Event ID, is this normal? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-dcom-events/22a8f858-30e7-4482-9d8b-0c7a64ffd4a0
  3. Multiple DCOM Events

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Multiple DCOM Events: I have noticed multiple DCOM Event ID, is this normal? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-dcom-events/22a8f858-30e7-4482-9d8b-0c7a64ffd4a0
  4. Multiple DCOM Events

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. BSOD "CRITICAL_SERVICE_FAILED" DCOM errors given in event viewer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD "CRITICAL_SERVICE_FAILED" DCOM errors given in event viewer: Pretty mad right about now. Spent a few days trying to fix my pc and cannot get anywhere. Absolutely sick of windows, I'm primarily a Mac user and never have any issues. I've been through 3 different windows installs in the past few years because window cant keep their...
  6. BSOD "CRITICAL_SERVICE_FAILED" DCOM errors given in event viewer

BSOD "CRITICAL_SERVICE_FAILED" DCOM errors given in event viewer: Pretty mad right about now. Spent a few days trying to fix my pc and cannot get anywhere. Absolutely sick of windows, I'm primarily a Mac user and never have any issues. I've been through 3 different windows installs in the past few years because window cant keep their...
  7. Multiple System errors in the event viewer

Multiple System errors in the event viewer: I have an HP Pavilion Laptop. I usually use it for schoolwork and mild gaming. Since schools are closed because of the coronavirus outbreak I only use it for entertainment I mainly play league of legends, watch movies and listen to music The problem kicked in two weeks ago...
  8. Dcom error in event viewer after april update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dcom error in event viewer after april update: every time i restart my machine after the april update in event viewer itake this error: Can not start the DCOM server: {995C996E-D918-4A8C-A302-45719A6F4EA7} as Unavailable / Unavailable. The error: "298" happened at the start of this command: C: \ WINDOWS \ System32 \...
  9. Multiple error messages in Event Viewer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Multiple error messages in Event Viewer: I fnd that I have the same error message appearing at about 10 second intervals (on one occasion over 21000 were logged). Details below: Log Name: Application Source: ESENT Date: 22/01/2016 15:32:30 Event ID: 490 Task Category: (1) Level: Error Keywords: Classic...
  10. Continuing DCOM event viewer error

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Continuing DCOM event viewer error: I recently started getting this error in event viewer. There are a number of threads across the web about it, but none of them has presented the solution. The error is related to Runtimebroker.exe. Any new ideas? The application-specific permission settings do not grant...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. multiple dcom errors

2. dcom errors in event viewer

3. Event Viewer Windows.Internal.WebRuntime.ContentProcess 10010

4. numerous dcom permissions errors