Windows 10: MULTIPLE DEFINATION UPDATES AND SCANS FROM M S E ON A DAILY BASIS.

Discus and support MULTIPLE DEFINATION UPDATES AND SCANS FROM M S E ON A DAILY BASIS. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have a Win 7 Professional, with 8 GB Ram which I have been using for the last 10 years. Ever since I have owned this Laptop, I have been using... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Rajdeep218, Feb 4, 2021.

1. MULTIPLE DEFINATION UPDATES AND SCANS FROM M S E ON A DAILY BASIS.

I have a Win 7 Professional, with 8 GB Ram which I have been using for the last 10 years. Ever since I have owned this Laptop, I have been using Microsoft Security Essentials as my anti-virus. Till 2nd February 2021, I have had no issues with M S E which updates and scans my Laptop around 06:00 A.M. on a daily basis.

From 3rd February 2021, I have noticed that MSE has been updating and scanning my Laptop atleast three times a day against the norm of once every 24 hours. I found this very strange. I wish to point out that I have made no changes on my Laptop. The only thing I suspect is that this has started only after the Engine number has changed as under :

Upto 2nd February, 2021 Previous Engine Version was 1.1.17700.4

3rd February 2021 onwards Updated Engine Version is : 1.1.17800.5

MSE, now it seems has been updating definitions and scanning computers on a random basis. I also wish to add that if my Laptop is not connected to the Internet and MSE decides to update definitions at that time, an error is reported as under :

Event ID: 2001 Microsoft Antimalware has encountered an error trying to update signatures.

I would be keen to know if others are facing the same problem. Would Microsoft take this up in right earnest ?

:)

Rajdeep218, Feb 4, 2021

2. .Net Native Framework Package 1.0 and VCLibs 12 updating numerous times daily

Hi

Since my previous post Windows has updated to version 1511-10586 and this seems to have resolved the problem , the files I listed are no longer updating multiple times on a daily basis.

Thanks for your help

GrahamInnes, Feb 4, 2021
  3. Windows 10 Pro Reactivation on Daily Basis

I have a problem with my PC requiring reactivation on a daily basis. The activation error is 0xC004F050 which suggests that I have changed the motherboard but that is not the case. I can reactivate the Windows 10 Pro account with the Troubleshooter or
    by re-entering the Product Key or by using the online activation, etc., but the activation error returns the next day. I purchased an OEM version of Windows 10 Pro 64 last May 2018 for a new home built PC and it worked fine until about a month ago. I updated
    the motherboard BIOS and some drivers and the Intel Management Engine but have not changed any hardware except for swapping monitors. I prefer not to reinstall Windows if I don't have to.

What can I do to fix this daily reactivation routine?

DonRoberts2, Feb 4, 2021
  4. malware Win User

MULTIPLE DEFINATION UPDATES AND SCANS FROM M S E ON A DAILY BASIS.

Intel Updates Core 2 Quad Q9550 to E-0 Stepping

We continue our Monday news list with another Intel story that brings to our attention information concerning the company and more specificly its 2.83GHz Core 2 Quad Q9550 chips that will move from the current C-1 to the newer E-0 stepping. The updated chips will start selling on August 22nd, featuring the following changes:
    • New SSpec and MM numbers for the converting products
    • CPUID will change from 0x10677 to 0x1067A
    • Package change to Halide free package
    Apart from that, the new stepping CPUs will not include any other changes. Of course, like most new stepping parts a BIOS update will be needed.

Product Change Notification 108663 - 00

Source: TechConnect Magazine

malware, Feb 4, 2021
Thema:

MULTIPLE DEFINATION UPDATES AND SCANS FROM M S E ON A DAILY BASIS.

1. MULTIPLE DEFINATION UPDATES AND SCANS FROM M S E ON A DAILY BASIS. - Similar Threads - MULTIPLE DEFINATION UPDATES

2. BSOD on a daily basis

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD on a daily basis: Hi, first time asking for help here.Basically I've been having issues with my laptop for a while now and it's mostly BSOD while doing nothing like browsing the web or laptop would just be sitting and literally not doing anything. But while playing games it won't get any BSOD...
  3. BSOD on a daily basis

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD on a daily basis: Hi, first time asking for help here.Basically I've been having issues with my laptop for a while now and it's mostly BSOD while doing nothing like browsing the web or laptop would just be sitting and literally not doing anything. But while playing games it won't get any BSOD...
  4. Computer freezes then restarts on a daily basis

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer freezes then restarts on a daily basis: When gaming or watching films the screen will freeze and then the computer will cut out then restart. This has happened daily for the past 3 days. I have tried sfc /scannow which fixed some corrupt files but issue persists. Any suggestions or advice received with...
  5. Computer freezes then restarts on a daily basis

Computer freezes then restarts on a daily basis: When gaming or watching films the screen will freeze and then the computer will cut out then restart. This has happened daily for the past 3 days. I have tried sfc /scannow which fixed some corrupt files but issue persists. Any suggestions or advice received with...
  6. Multiple BSOD on daily basis

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple BSOD on daily basis: Hi All, I am currently really struggling to ge to the bottom of this issue, Ive been getting multiple bluescreens on a daily basis, I have re install windows and issue is still occuring so i thought it could be hardware related. I have tested and checked the following to make...
  7. Multiple BSOD on daily basis

Multiple BSOD on daily basis: Hi All, I am currently really struggling to ge to the bottom of this issue, Ive been getting multiple bluescreens on a daily basis, I have re install windows and issue is still occuring so i thought it could be hardware related. I have tested and checked the following to make...
  8. Many different BSODs on a daily basis.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Many different BSODs on a daily basis.: Hey,I've had my pc for around 5 weeks now and since the beginning I've been getting multiple BSODs every single daily, some days have way more bsods than the others. I've searched online for the stop codes and tried all the obvious fixes they had. All the stop codes referred...
  9. BSOD crashing system on a daily basis

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD crashing system on a daily basis: My system crashes suddenly with an BSOD showing up before restarting. Not necesarrily related to a specific application execution that I have observed as of yet. I usually use office as my main applications. What is new is that i recently changed the hdd to an sdd with a...
  10. Windows 10 Pro Reactivation on Daily Basis

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Pro Reactivation on Daily Basis: I have a problem with my PC requiring reactivation on a daily basis. The activation error is 0xC004F050 which suggests that I have changed the motherboard but that is not the case. I can reactivate the Windows 10 Pro account with the Troubleshooter or by re-entering the...