Windows 10: Multiple Desktop question

Discus and support Multiple Desktop question in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've been trying to do something with multiple desktops in 10 with no success. Is there a way - if you're using multiple monitors - to have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by enoch1138, Aug 30, 2015.

1. enoch1138 Win User

Multiple Desktop question

I've been trying to do something with multiple desktops in 10 with no success.

Is there a way - if you're using multiple monitors - to have different desktops displayed on different monitors at the same time?

:)

enoch1138, Aug 30, 2015

2. Does windows 10 support multiple remote desktop

Hello,

i saw some patching to enable multiple remote desktop sessions on windows 10.

my question is , does windows 10 originally allow multiple remote desktop connection, is this patch is official from Microsoft or not.

Regards

Avar Othman, Aug 30, 2015
  3. Arul_D Win User
    WINDOWS 10 opening multiple desktops to store different softwares

Hello,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft help article and check if it helps.

Multiple desktops in Windows 10

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows-10/multiple-desktops-in-windows-10

Hope it helps. If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to reply. We will be glad to assist you.

Arul_D, Aug 30, 2015
  4. caperjack Win User

hello, I think it require 3rd party software ,its been a long time since I did it and I don't remember what I used to do it ,, you can extend it across 2 monitors and have different programs open on each monitor ,I just set mine up to see how it works so I could make a suggestion ,I have a video card with all 3 types of connection ,vga/hdmi and dvi, and I have it hooked to my portable Raspberry Pi screen ,and I can open apps and drag them to the second screen and work with other apps on my main screen, when you open an app it open on the main screen and you just drag it across to the other screen.

the monitor on the left is my main with IE open and the right is my portable Pi box with 2 apps open on it

caperjack, Aug 30, 2015
  5. caperjack Win User
    this is something I just found with bing search ,I think it might be useful ,still reading about it
    http://www.actualtools.com/virtualde...monitors.shtml

edit , not sure if it worth any money .. I hate new software ,I installed the trial , but didn't get it to work yet

caperjack, Aug 30, 2015
  6. Edwin New Member
    Different Desktop Backgrounds? Yes.

Multiple Desktop question [​IMG]

Different Desktop Folders? No.
    Whatever 'stuff' you have on your desktop, it will show on all 'Virtual Desktops'

Edwin, Aug 30, 2015
  7. AddRAM Win User
    Yep mine does it automatically, I didn`t have to change a thing, I Love it. *Biggrin

Just put some pictures in a folder and use slideshow, picking that folder, as the desktop background.

2 separate pictures of Sarah Carter at the same time, Life can`t get much better *Shock

Attachment 34891

AddRAM, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Multiple Desktop question - Similar Threads - Multiple Desktop question

2. Desktop Wallpapers Slideshow on Multiple Monitors Question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Wallpapers Slideshow on Multiple Monitors Question: I have a set up with 3 monitors - I am using the slideshow function in the Personalisation. Each Desktop has a different background Which is how I like having itHowever, I want the desktop images to change every day - as seen in how I have my settings posted above. This does...
  3. Desktop Wallpapers Slideshow on Multiple Monitors Question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop Wallpapers Slideshow on Multiple Monitors Question: I have a set up with 3 monitors - I am using the slideshow function in the Personalisation. Each Desktop has a different background Which is how I like having itHowever, I want the desktop images to change every day - as seen in how I have my settings posted above. This does...
  4. Multiple Questions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple Questions: So I'll keep it sweet and simpleI have 2 desktopsOne I'll call desktop and the other I'll call Deep thoughtDesktop is unable to sign into One drive, every time I try to I get a nice little error message saying Java script is blocked or not enabled with my web browser.. Slight...
  5. Multiple Questions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple Questions: So I'll keep it sweet and simpleI have 2 desktopsOne I'll call desktop and the other I'll call Deep thoughtDesktop is unable to sign into One drive, every time I try to I get a nice little error message saying Java script is blocked or not enabled with my web browser.. Slight...
  6. Multiple Questions

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Multiple Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple Desktop: For some reason if I open two or more desktops , and i stay on one deskop for a while , my pc will automatically close the applications i have running in other desktops ... Why is this so?...
  8. Multiple monitors question

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Multiple monitors question: So I have 3 monitors and a tv connected to the pc. I wonder if there’s a way to say manage all open windows from a tv, with other monitors turned off. I want to be able to access all open windows from every monitor I guess. Like if I’m watching something on a tv I turn my...
  9. [Question] Is there an software that will allow me to save multiple desktop layouts and...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [Question] Is there an software that will allow me to save multiple desktop layouts and...: I want to have a desktop with all icons relating to video making, and a desktop related to gaming/everything else. Something that will save the layout of icons. submitted by /u/OliHazer [link] [comments]...
  10. multiple desktops just a quick question

in Windows 10 Customization
    multiple desktops just a quick question: so i was looking for a way to have multiple desktops on one screen, and the other screen to just be the same window im on. so i found this (see robert aldwinckles answer below)now my question is if i make a game(like destiny, warframe, overwatch.) show on all desktops does...