Windows 10: Multiple Desktop settings

Discus and support Multiple Desktop settings in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Is there any possible way to open a new document in excel/word/publisher etc on a new desktop window without the computer taking you back to the last... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Pnappltrtl389, Aug 8, 2018.

1. Multiple Desktop settings

Is there any possible way to open a new document in excel/word/publisher etc on a new desktop window without the computer taking you back to the last desktop that application was used? I'm constantly having to jump back and forth to move files when I need different excel files open separate from each other and this issue has frustrated me to no end. I've looked through the settings and there doesn't seem to be an option for this issue, so I'm hoping there could be some kind of secret backdoor way to fix this.

:)

Pnappltrtl389, Aug 8, 2018
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Aug 8, 2018
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Aug 8, 2018
  4. Argel Obm Win User

Multiple Desktop settings

Multiple individual desktops

Hi Michael,

For us to be able to provide you the proper steps for your concern about multiple individual desktops, kindly provide us if you're referring to creating another user account on the computer or setting up multiple screens. Please tell us the exact task you're
    attempting to perform.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Argel Obm, Aug 8, 2018
Thema:

Multiple Desktop settings

1. Multiple Desktop settings - Similar Threads - Multiple Desktop settings

2. Multiple Desktops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple Desktops: When I create a 2nd desktop, all the apps,etc., on Desktop1 show on Desktop 2. Also, when I add or delete an app or shortcut, it is duplicated on the other desktop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-desktops/e3b01a15-9098-4da0-acd5-a4d1a5161884
  3. Multiple Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple Desktop: For some reason if I open two or more desktops , and i stay on one deskop for a while , my pc will automatically close the applications i have running in other desktops ... Why is this so?...
  4. Multiple Desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple Desktop: For some reason if I open two or more desktops , and i stay on one deskop for a while , my pc will automatically close the applications i have running in other desktops ... Why is this so?...
  5. Multiple Desktops

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multiple Desktops: Multiple desktops in Windows 10, how can I stop them syncing, I have turned off the syncing option in all settings. I am trying to personalise the favourite bar in each desktop on the one computer so myself and my partner can have it set up just as we like it for our...
  6. Setting up multiple desktops for different drives

Setting up multiple desktops for different drives: I have recently gotten a second monitor, and would like to have my hard drive's files displayed on the second. Currently, i have 2 drives, a 1TB SSD and a 2TB HDD, my desktop is currently using my SSD's files, but I'd like my second monitor to have the files of my HDD without...
  7. Multiple Desktops

Multiple Desktops: Let's say I create a new desktop on my laptop, open something up on it, and then switch back to my original desktop. If I then make my laptop sleep and wake it back up, my screen shows my second desktop instead of my first one. This is especially problematic if I have...
  8. multiple desktops

multiple desktops: How do I show the taskbar only on the desktop I'm using. The settings in settings don't work. The taskbar shows on all desktops even if I select only the one I'm using. If I change the taskbar, it changes and shows on all desktops....
  9. Multiple desktops

in Windows 10 Support
    Multiple desktops: Just found the new feature (for windows anyway) of multiple desktops. This I like a lot, makes multitasking that much more easier :-) Does anyone know if there are, and if so, what are the keyboard controls? do I have to use the task bar button to create a new desktop, and...
  10. Multiple Desktops

in Windows 10 Support
    Multiple Desktops: Is it possible to create multiple and independent desktops? I clicked on Task View and was able to create several desktops, all exact images of my main desktop. However, when I deleted some unneeded Icons from Desktop 2, I discovered that the selected icons were also...