Windows 10: Multiple desktops, different icons

Discus and support Multiple desktops, different icons in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello So, I know how to use multiple desktops. Does anyone know a way to make it so that for example, Desktop 2 shows no Desktop Icons whereas... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Sweetsweetcorn, Jun 23, 2020.

1. Multiple desktops, different icons

Hello

So, I know how to use multiple desktops.

Does anyone know a way to make it so that for example, Desktop 2 shows no Desktop Icons whereas Desktop 1 will show Desktop Icons? I can accept using 3rd-party software to make this work.

:)

Sweetsweetcorn, Jun 23, 2020

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Jun 26, 2020
  3. Multiple desktops, different icons

Hello

So, I know how to use multiple desktops.

Does anyone know a way to make it so that for example, Desktop 2 shows no Desktop Icons whereas Desktop 1 will show Desktop Icons? I can accept using 3rd-party software to make this work.

- - - Updated - - -

Why was this moved? The type of multiple desktops I am talking about is not called virtualization at all

At least .. I didn't think so?

Sweetsweetcorn, Jun 26, 2020
  4. Multiple desktops, different icons

Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Jun 26, 2020
Thema:

Multiple desktops, different icons

1. Multiple desktops, different icons - Similar Threads - Multiple desktops different

2. Different icons on Different desktops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Different icons on Different desktops: when are we getting this feature it's pointless to have diffrent desktops with the same icons https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/different-icons-on-different-desktops/ab2ab73b-5d94-4e6d-8675-252a364894d8
  3. Different icons on Different desktops

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Different icons on Different desktops: when are we getting this feature it's pointless to have diffrent desktops with the same icons https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/different-icons-on-different-desktops/ab2ab73b-5d94-4e6d-8675-252a364894d8
  4. Different icons on Different desktops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Different icons on Different desktops: Hi all, Just wondering as i just got a new laptop with Windows 11 if i can install different icon shortcuts in different desktops.It appears each new desktop clones the icons from the last.It would be good to switch to a different desktop and see different icons altogether...
  5. Different icons on Different desktops

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Different icons on Different desktops: Hi all, Just wondering as i just got a new laptop with Windows 11 if i can install different icon shortcuts in different desktops.It appears each new desktop clones the icons from the last.It would be good to switch to a different desktop and see different icons altogether...
  6. Desktop icons are different sizes

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop icons are different sizes: Why would downloaded or made online ico files be different sizes on the desktop. They are all 256px by 256 arent they? I have several folders on the desktop. The icons are for these folders. Thanks all 173606
  7. Different Desktops with Icons possible?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Different Desktops with Icons possible?: Are Desktops with different Program Icons possible, ie Desktop 1 and Desktop 2 with different Program Icons. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/different-desktops-with-icons-possible/fd7aeab8-771c-4769-9709-a6b28245a4a4
  8. Multiple icons on desktop ?

Multiple icons on desktop ?: How do I clean up these Multiple icons created by Microsoft cloud ? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-icons-on-desktop/00d43825-8178-40eb-946e-c0b16807f6e2
  9. Multiple desktops, different icons

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Multiple desktops, different icons: Hello So, I know how to use multiple desktops. Does anyone know a way to make it so that for example, Desktop 2 shows no Desktop Icons whereas Desktop 1 will show Desktop Icons? I can accept using 3rd-party software to make this work. - - - Updated - - - Why was this...
  10. Different shortcut icons on different desktops

Different shortcut icons on different desktops: Is it possible to place different sets of icons on different desktop ? For example, having desktop 1 empty, desktop 2 full of files, desktop 3 with shortcuts to programmes/games, etc. Also is there a way to have a different wallpaper on each desktop, to tell them apart...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. different icons each desktop