Windows 10: Multiple desktops, different icons

Discus and support Multiple desktops, different icons in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello So, I know how to use multiple desktops. Does anyone know a way to make it so that for example, Desktop 2 shows no Desktop Icons whereas... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Sweetsweetcorn, Jun 23, 2020.

1. Multiple desktops, different icons

Hello

So, I know how to use multiple desktops.

Does anyone know a way to make it so that for example, Desktop 2 shows no Desktop Icons whereas Desktop 1 will show Desktop Icons? I can accept using 3rd-party software to make this work.

:)

Sweetsweetcorn, Jun 23, 2020

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Jun 26, 2020
  3. Multiple desktops, different icons

Hello

So, I know how to use multiple desktops.

Does anyone know a way to make it so that for example, Desktop 2 shows no Desktop Icons whereas Desktop 1 will show Desktop Icons? I can accept using 3rd-party software to make this work.

- - - Updated - - -

Why was this moved? The type of multiple desktops I am talking about is not called virtualization at all

At least .. I didn't think so?

Sweetsweetcorn, Jun 26, 2020
  4. Multiple desktops, different icons

Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Jun 26, 2020
Thema:

Multiple desktops, different icons

1. Multiple desktops, different icons - Similar Threads - Multiple desktops different

2. Multiple desktops, different icons

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Multiple desktops, different icons: Hello So, I know how to use multiple desktops. Does anyone know a way to make it so that for example, Desktop 2 shows no Desktop Icons whereas Desktop 1 will show Desktop Icons? I can accept using 3rd-party software to make this work. - - - Updated - - - Why was this...
  3. Desktop icon is displayed in a different language.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop icon is displayed in a different language.: Hello, I installed a fresh copy of Windows 10 on my PC after some bugs in the old one. Then I noticed that the desktop icon is displayed in Arabic language, although I didn't even choose Arabic as an input language. Any help would be appreciated. [ATTACH]...
  4. Multiple different BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Multiple different BSOD: Hi, really hope someone can be my hero here. Have a new build PC, worked fine for a month, then constant BSOD, with all kinds of different error messages, including: IRQL not less or equal Driver overran stack buffer Kernel auto boost lock acquisition with raised irql kernel...
  5. Desktop icons on multiple screens

Desktop icons on multiple screens: I have 3 monitors. One is designated as my Home monitor. When I save items to my desktop they may go to any of the three monitors (not all 3 just 1) I would like to keep them coraled and on only 1 screen. How can I do that and how can I get all of the existing ones onto a...
  6. Multiple icons filled my desktop overnight

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Multiple icons filled my desktop overnight: These appeared this morning: [IMG] Why? A recent Windows 10 update? Brian Auckland, New Zealand https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-icons-filled-my-desktop-overnight/710024d0-3aba-49b5-96e4-1250feae6500"
  7. Different shortcut icons on different desktops

Different shortcut icons on different desktops: Is it possible to place different sets of icons on different desktop ? For example, having desktop 1 empty, desktop 2 full of files, desktop 3 with shortcuts to programmes/games, etc. Also is there a way to have a different wallpaper on each desktop, to tell them apart...
  8. Multiple different BSODs

Multiple different BSODs: Hello, I have had this self built desktop for about half a year so far and I am running dual monitors off the NVIDIA GeForce 1050 TI graphics card. The issue is only occurring when I am running youtube on one monitor and playing a game on the other monitor (runescape). I have...
  9. Multiple Different BSODs

Multiple Different BSODs: Was running clean since installing windows 10 this past summer. Recently within the last few weeks I experienced a few blue screens. After a system restore I am still having issues. This DM log has the last five crashes I believe. Any help is appreciated. 39804
  10. Way to get different desktop icons on different desktops in task view?

in Windows 10 Support
    Way to get different desktop icons on different desktops in task view?: Is it possible when I go to task view and choose a different desktop that I could have certain desktop icons only on one? 57735