Windows 10: multiple desktops in windows with different backgrounds

Discus and support multiple desktops in windows with different backgrounds in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/multiple-desktops-in-windows-36f52e38-5b4a-557b-2ff9-e1a60c976434#articleFooterSupportBridge=communityBridge... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by IJsbeer NL, Dec 6, 2023.

1. multiple desktops in windows with different backgrounds

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/multiple-desktops-in-windows-36f52e38-5b4a-557b-2ff9-e1a60c976434#articleFooterSupportBridge=communityBridgeGives the option to use different backgrounds on the different backgrounds. I use this to tell them appart. I use one to work with confidential documents and another to co-work in teams. I don't want to share my confidential stuff in teams by mistake.One one PC of mine, this works like a charm, on the other all desktops change to the same picture, why is that ?

:)

IJsbeer NL, Dec 6, 2023

2. Different Background for Multiple Desktops

Is there any way to make each desktop a unique color/picture when using multiple desktops in Windows 10? Right now the same background is across all three active desktops. I work with different testing environments and would like to make them easy to discern
    at a glance. Thanks!

BrianCasey1, Dec 6, 2023
  3. Win11 Multiple Desktops Backgrounds

Hi RobertRouse,

I'm Rodrigo and I will help you.

It is not possible to set different desktop backgrounds on multiple desktops.

You can always leave a suggestion on the Feedback Hub to add features to Windows. you can find the Feedback Hub n the Start Menu or using the shortcut Windows + F.

Rodrigo.Queiroz, Dec 6, 2023
  4. multiple desktops in windows with different backgrounds

Different Background for Multiple Desktops

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi! Thanks for the response! I appreciate it.

I probably should have a been a bit more descriptive though. I do have two monitors, and on these two monitors, I have 3 different desktops set up. I did this by clicking on the "Task View" button on the taskbar and adding 2 new desktops for a total of three.
    My goal is to have the same background color on both monitors for each separate desktop...For example, both monitors have a background of blue on desktop 1, both monitors have grey on desktop 2, and both monitors have red for desktop 3. Hope this makes sense,
    and thank you for your help!

BrianCasey1, Dec 6, 2023
Thema:

multiple desktops in windows with different backgrounds

1. multiple desktops in windows with different backgrounds - Similar Threads - multiple desktops different

2. Multiple Desktops - Can't set a different desktop background image uniquely for each Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple Desktops - Can't set a different desktop background image uniquely for each Desktop: When I follow the instruction given on the Microsoft Support website linked below, changing my Desktop background picture on any one Desktop causes all six of my Desktops take on that same new picture. I need a different background on each Desktop to help me very quickly...
  3. Multiple Desktops - Can't set a different desktop background image uniquely for each Desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple Desktops - Can't set a different desktop background image uniquely for each Desktop: When I follow the instruction given on the Microsoft Support website linked below, changing my Desktop background picture on any one Desktop causes all six of my Desktops take on that same new picture. I need a different background on each Desktop to help me very quickly...
  4. multiple desktops in windows with different backgrounds

multiple desktops in windows with different backgrounds: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/multiple-desktops-in-windows-36f52e38-5b4a-557b-2ff9-e1a60c976434#articleFooterSupportBridge=communityBridgeGives the option to use different backgrounds on the different backgrounds. I use this to tell them appart. I use one to...
  5. Win11 Multiple Desktops Backgrounds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win11 Multiple Desktops Backgrounds: How can I set Win11's multiple desktops to different backgrounds? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win11-multiple-desktops-backgrounds/e70d4751-b4e1-4177-8e21-5fed272839a8
  6. Win11 Multiple Desktops Backgrounds

Win11 Multiple Desktops Backgrounds: How can I set Win11's multiple desktops to different backgrounds? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win11-multiple-desktops-backgrounds/e70d4751-b4e1-4177-8e21-5fed272839a8
  7. Multiple desktops, different icons

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Multiple desktops, different icons: Hello So, I know how to use multiple desktops. Does anyone know a way to make it so that for example, Desktop 2 shows no Desktop Icons whereas Desktop 1 will show Desktop Icons? I can accept using 3rd-party software to make this work. - - - Updated - - - Why was this...
  8. Multiple desktops, different icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Multiple desktops, different icons: Hello So, I know how to use multiple desktops. Does anyone know a way to make it so that for example, Desktop 2 shows no Desktop Icons whereas Desktop 1 will show Desktop Icons? I can accept using 3rd-party software to make this work. 159223
  9. Different Slideshow Backgrounds on Multiple Monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Different Slideshow Backgrounds on Multiple Monitors: Hi, I'm using 2 monitors on the "Extend" mode, and I want to set for each screen a different background slideshow, each running independently instead of the same slideshow and each picture divided between the monitors. How can it be done? Thanks....
  10. different Desktop wallpaper backgrounds

in Windows 10 Customization
    different Desktop wallpaper backgrounds: Hi guys, So I found out you can set up different desktops on my laptop. I have 3, (one for school, one for other productivity stuff and one for fun/entertainment) Can I set up 3 different wallpapers for each desktop background? I tried using settings and "change my...