Windows 10: multiple desktops just a quick question

Discus and support multiple desktops just a quick question in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; so i was looking for a way to have multiple desktops on one screen, and the other screen to just be the same window im on. so i found this (see robert... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Asra_ps, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Asra_ps Win User

multiple desktops just a quick question

so i was looking for a way to have multiple desktops on one screen, and the other screen to just be the same window im on. so i found this (see robert aldwinckles answer below)now my question is if i make a game(like destiny, warframe, overwatch.) show on all desktops does this use more graphic power, ram or cpu power?

Robert Aldwinckle on forums

multiple (virtual) desktops and I am extending my screen to an external monitor.

So you have multiple extended displays and each one hosts a desktop. If you want something to stay in view when you switch desktops you need to move it to the desktop that you are going to switch to. E.g. Win-Tab, right-click Move and then Ctrl-Win-CursorRight (assuming you want to go right, for example). Then whatever it is should be there waiting for you. In fact, (I just noticed), we have other options in that right-click menu; e.g. we can make sure that the window shows on all desktops, which could let you implement what you are looking for, how ever you switch desktops while looking at that other monitor. Thanks for making me see this!

FYI

Robert Aldwinckle

:)

Asra_ps, Sep 4, 2018

2. Quick Access bar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty.

Remove items from Quick access.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Right click on the file or folder.
    • Select the option “unpin from the quick access”

To pin items to an item already on the quick access bar.

Follow the below steps.

I would suggest you to create folder in the desktop screen & place all the files or folder which need to pin to the quick access.

• Open the quick access.
    • Select the Desktop option.
    • Right click on the folder & select the option “pin to quick access”

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Sep 4, 2018
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Sep 4, 2018
  4. multiple desktops just a quick question

Multiple Desktops

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty with the problem.

I would require some more information to assist you better.

• What is the make & model of the computer?
    • When you say multiple desktop are you referring to task view?
    • When you try to put different apps on different desktops what happens next?
    • Do you get any error message?

Windows 10 would have the multiple desktops option. Besides having independent backgrounds and icons, each desktop should have independent windows of the same program running.

The information is not sufficient to answer your question. Reply us with more information by answering the above questions

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Sep 4, 2018
Thema:

multiple desktops just a quick question

1. multiple desktops just a quick question - Similar Threads - multiple desktops quick

2. Just a quick Question.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Just a quick Question.: I want to upradge my computer 10 to 11. I did windows 11 system test and only CPU got "X". Can i still upradge my computer? Installing ISO already. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/just-a-quick-question/5f49f96a-80b1-4e68-8c89-3a2374fcd652
  3. Just a quick Question.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Just a quick Question.: I want to upradge my computer 10 to 11. I did windows 11 system test and only CPU got "X". Can i still upradge my computer? Installing ISO already. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/just-a-quick-question/5f49f96a-80b1-4e68-8c89-3a2374fcd652
  4. quick question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    quick question: On Windows 10, when installing updates there will come a time when you're forced to install them only options being sleep, install and restart, or install and shut down, and this comes within a month or 3 weeks but another way I can turn off my PC is if I press the power...
  5. Quick question

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Quick question: I personally haven't had it happen to me, but I'm still asking anyways. Can video files on Windows 10 get corrupted with time and not play anymore? I have a Windows 10 and have a bunch of old videos.And if so, can you restore it without installing any apps?...
  6. Quick question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Quick question: I personally haven't had it happen to me, but I'm still asking anyways. Can video files on Windows 10 get corrupted with time and not play anymore? I have a Windows 10 and have a bunch of old videos.And if so, can you restore it without installing any apps?...
  7. Quick question

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Quick question: All the apps on my taskbar and desktop just randomly went white (changed to the paper looking thing) for a second then came back. Is this normal and has it happened to anyone else? submitted by /u/Gamingkiller99 [link] [comments]...
  8. Just a quick question about default settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Just a quick question about default settings: [ATTACH] Hi, I recently changed my settings in power and sleep for my laptop, and I was trying to change it back, is this the default settings? If someone could check and tell me, that would be very very much appreciated <3 (to get there, you go to settings, system, and...
  9. Quick question..

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick question..: It seems for some reason that I can't expand the start menu horizontally. Vertical is fine but it's not moving in the horizontal direction past one column. Here's how I set it up: 1 Upgraded Win8.1 to 10240 with an ISO 2 Tried to add/mod the start menu and it just will...
  10. Multiple Desktop question

in Windows 10 Support
    Multiple Desktop question: I've been trying to do something with multiple desktops in 10 with no success. Is there a way - if you're using multiple monitors - to have different desktops displayed on different monitors at the same time? 20215