Windows 10: Multiple desktops side by side in Ultra-Wide??

Discus and support Multiple desktops side by side in Ultra-Wide?? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; With Ultra-wide becoming more prevalent this is a must. I want to be able to do what you can do with multiple monitors, but with a single display that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ERrnesST, Mar 30, 2019.

1. ERrnesST Win User

Multiple desktops side by side in Ultra-Wide??

With Ultra-wide becoming more prevalent this is a must. I want to be able to do what you can do with multiple monitors, but with a single display that is ultra-wide. Imagine being able to run a program in 'full-screen' with the benefits of a seamless border but not encompassing the entire screen space. It would also make accessing the menu and apps just as easy as when separate monitors are used. Basically emulating multi-monitor displays but on ultra-wide.

:)

ERrnesST, Mar 30, 2019
  2. ndbinh Win User

Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter and Ultra-wide monitor

Is there any body, who can properly project from a PC/ laptop to an 3440x1440 external Ultra-wide monitor using Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter?

PS: "properly" means the Ultra-wide monitor runs on 3440x1440 resolution mode.

ndbinh, Mar 30, 2019
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Another page/screen

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Windows 10 has a feature to create multiple desktops that can have a wide range of apps. For us to help you with your concern and delete the second desktop, we suggest that you perform the steps below:

• On the taskbar, select the Task View icon.
    • Desktop 1 and Desktop 2 will appear at the bottom of your screen.
    • Hover your mouse at the Desktop that you'd like to delete. Click the
      red X icon
      at the top to delete the Desktop permanently.

Meanwhile, we suggest that you check this article:
    Multiple desktops in Windows 10
    for further reference.

Let us know the results.

Xylee Del, Mar 30, 2019
  4. Mala_S Win User

virtual desktop as multiple monitor

Hello Dan,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Virtual desktops lets you create multiple, separate desktops that each can display different open windows and apps. Multiple desktops are great for quickly switching desktops. The idea of having multiple virtual desktops is being able to order programs
    according to a set of tasks.

PC can’t have different virtual desktop on each monitor. However, we can
    configure the taskbar for multiple displays to send windows from one monitor to another. We can customize Windows to have a taskbar shown on only one display, and a different taskbar on the other display. To do that, follow the below mentioned
    steps.

• Right click on the taskbar and select
      Taskbar Settings
    • Scroll down to Multiple displays section and choose
      Taskbar where window is open under Show taskbar buttons on option.

By choosing that particular option in Settings, you can set its independent taskbar in addition to your primary display. Only the open windows are shown on the taskbar in that particular display.

As a workaround, we can create a new profile to switch your main display to another. By doing that, you can switch between profiles which will be having different displays in it.
    To do that, follow the below mentioned steps.

• Right click anywhere on the desktop and select Graphics properties > Select
      Display > make changes to change your main displays > click on
      Save profile
      > assign a name to it.
    • You can create multiple profiles to make different monitors as main displays each time.
    • To apply the profile, right click anywhere on the
      desktop and select Graphics Options > Profiles > in there you can select the new account which you have created to switch the display.

Hope it helps.

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Mar 30, 2019
Thema:

1. Multiple desktops side by side in Ultra-Wide?? - Similar Threads - Multiple desktops side

2. Side by SIde error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Side by SIde error: Hi, I am getting side by side error while running any program on windows 10. error is "Application has failed to start because side by side configuration is incorrect. Event log is showing below detailsActivation context generation failed for "System Default Context"....
  3. Side by SIde error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Side by SIde error: Hi, I am getting side by side error while running any program on windows 10. error is "Application has failed to start because side by side configuration is incorrect. Event log is showing below detailsActivation context generation failed for "System Default Context"....
  4. side by side configuration

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    side by side configuration: the application has failed to start because its side by side configuration is incorrect. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/side-by-side-configuration/375110d8-05d1-4c69-8ecc-087f88676162
  5. Two applications at startup on desktop side by side

in Windows 10 Customization
    Two applications at startup on desktop side by side: I have volunteers helping with operating a video system. I have two programs that I want to open at the startup of the windows desktop that are placed side by side after signing into windows. The two programs are not the same size and shape but I don't want them to overlap...
  6. Multiple monitors - portrait - side by side

Multiple monitors - portrait - side by side: When I set my two monitors into portrait mode and place them "side-by-side" which actually is "top-to-bottom", the desktop background picture looks fine, distributed across both monitors. But when I fire up something like Youtube, my browser only shows on one monitor, and...
  7. Multiple windows will only appear side by side.

Multiple windows will only appear side by side.: An update changed my computer so that I can no longer view more than 2 windows at a time or move them around or reduce their size so that they take up less than the entire screen--I can have 1 window taking up the entire screen or 2 windows side-by-side taking up the entire...
  8. side-by-side configuration

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    side-by-side configuration: side-by-side config error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/side-by-side-configuration/ee553de1-1bfe-4987-ad58-c596b29795c4
  9. Desktop occupies space in side by side and stacked mode

Desktop occupies space in side by side and stacked mode: IT didnt happened in windows 7 when I enable show windows side by side but in windows 10 desktop also occpies space. Screenshot is attaches with tjis question. Please solve my Problem. I dont want desktop to occupy space and make my documents use full screen[ATTACH]...
  10. Opening side by side multiple windows?

in Windows 10 Support
    Opening side by side multiple windows?: Windows 10 apparently doesn't allow multiple windows side by side. In some (most?) forums where you 'drag' pics to a "box" to attach to a post,... how exactly are you suppose to do that? *Confused 121952

Users found this page by searching for:

1. side by side desktops

2. linuxmint virtual desktops side by side

3. side by side ultrawide

4. multiple desktops in windows 10 side by side,
  5. multiple desktops side by side,
  6. view desktops side by side,
  7. desktops side by side,
  8. multiple windows desktops on one ultrawide monitor