Windows 10: Multiple Desktops

Discus and support Multiple Desktops in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is it possible to create multiple and independent desktops? I clicked on Task View and was able to create several desktops, all exact images of my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bobnwtx, Apr 29, 2016.

1. bobnwtx Win User

Multiple Desktops

Is it possible to create multiple and independent desktops?
    I clicked on Task View and was able to create several desktops, all exact images of my main desktop.
    However, when I deleted some unneeded Icons from Desktop 2, I discovered that the selected icons
    were also deleted from the main Desktop.
    I have a lot of stuff on my Desktop. It would be great if I could have as many as six different and independent desktops to facilitate my computer work.
    Thank you.
    PS I realize this question may have already be asked but I couldn't find it.
    Bobby

:)

bobnwtx, Apr 29, 2016

2. Multiple Desktops on Multiple Monitors

<confusion>

zachd [MSFT], Apr 29, 2016
  3. d0gknees Win User
    Multiple Desktops on Multiple Monitors

Thanks for responding. In the past when I got a new version of Windows, the first thing I would do is go through all the control panel items, look into every dialog, More>> button, "Advanced..." button an so on looking for new and different features that
    will enable me to do more. Having done it once for the new OS, I don't need to go looking again, because I've checked everything. Now, it's like we're supposed to check everything every time there's an update because there's not even a (complete) list of changes
    to check.

d0gknees, Apr 29, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Multiple Desktops

dalchina, Apr 29, 2016
Thema:

Multiple Desktops

1. Multiple Desktops - Similar Threads - Multiple Desktops

2. Multiple Tiled Images Desktop Background

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multiple Tiled Images Desktop Background: Hello all, Ive hit a bit of a puzzle and was wondering if anyone can help. I Have a dual monitor setup, one landscape 27inch monitor and one portrait 24 inch monitor. I have custom backgrounds on my desktop but the portrait monitor has black bits top and bottom. I know that...
  3. Microsoft Remote Desktop APP (NOT Connection!) Multiple Monitors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Remote Desktop APP (NOT Connection!) Multiple Monitors: Just switched to Windows Server 2016 Standard implementing RDS. We want remote users to be able to use Timezone redirection and enabled it in Group Policy. It does not work with the Remote Desktop Connection so after hours of trying we tried the Microsoft Remote Desktop APP....
  4. Desktop icons on multiple screens

Desktop icons on multiple screens: I have 3 monitors. One is designated as my Home monitor. When I save items to my desktop they may go to any of the three monitors (not all 3 just 1) I would like to keep them coraled and on only 1 screen. How can I do that and how can I get all of the existing ones onto a...
  5. How do I add multiple email accounts to Microsoft windows 10 mail app on a desktop?

How do I add multiple email accounts to Microsoft windows 10 mail app on a desktop?: How do I add multiple email accounts to Microsoft windows 10 mail app on a desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-add-multiple-email-accounts-to-microsoft/b5205c4f-3f62-4cfc-9306-a3e9a4230d6c
  6. Windows 10 upgrade has made it so we cannot connect multiple users with Remote Desktop

Windows 10 upgrade has made it so we cannot connect multiple users with Remote Desktop: We have a PC at work that many people remote into for analysis at the same time. We had Windows 7 and everything worked fine but after upgrading to Windows 10 this does not work anymore. It is not a connection problem, because we are all able to connect. It is just only...
  7. Multiple Desktops

Multiple Desktops: Let's say I create a new desktop on my laptop, open something up on it, and then switch back to my original desktop. If I then make my laptop sleep and wake it back up, my screen shows my second desktop instead of my first one. This is especially problematic if I have...
  8. Multiple desktops side by side in Ultra-Wide??

Multiple desktops side by side in Ultra-Wide??: With Ultra-wide becoming more prevalent this is a must. I want to be able to do what you can do with multiple monitors, but with a single display that is ultra-wide. Imagine being able to run a program in 'full-screen' with the benefits of a seamless border but not...
  9. Multiple icons filled my desktop overnight

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Multiple icons filled my desktop overnight: These appeared this morning: [IMG] Why? A recent Windows 10 update? Brian Auckland, New Zealand https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-icons-filled-my-desktop-overnight/710024d0-3aba-49b5-96e4-1250feae6500"
  10. Windows 10 multiple desktops – useless?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 multiple desktops – useless?: Hi, I’ve been using Windows 10 now for a while and asking myself if it would be worth using the virtual desktops/workspaces feature. ([WIN] + [TAB]) I’m thinking of using it for different tasks at work. First desktop work with my IDE and working on code: using the IDE, the...