Windows 10: Multiple desktops

Discus and support Multiple desktops in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Just found the new feature (for windows anyway) of multiple desktops. This I like a lot, makes multitasking that much more easier :-) Does anyone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Mayagrafix, Mar 25, 2015.

1. Multiple desktops

Just found the new feature (for windows anyway) of multiple desktops. This I like a lot, makes multitasking that much more easier Multiple desktops :)

Does anyone know if there are, and if so, what are the keyboard controls? do I have to use the task bar button to create a new desktop, and more importantly, switch from one to another by keyboard?

thanks for any help.

:)

Mayagrafix, Mar 25, 2015

2. Multiple Desktops on Multiple Monitors

<confusion>

zachd [MSFT], Mar 25, 2015
  3. d0gknees Win User
    Multiple Desktops on Multiple Monitors

Thanks for responding. In the past when I got a new version of Windows, the first thing I would do is go through all the control panel items, look into every dialog, More>> button, "Advanced..." button an so on looking for new and different features that
    will enable me to do more. Having done it once for the new OS, I don't need to go looking again, because I've checked everything. Now, it's like we're supposed to check everything every time there's an update because there's not even a (complete) list of changes
    to check.

d0gknees, Mar 25, 2015
  4. Chuck38 Win User

Multiple desktops

Hi Mayagrafix and welcome to Windows 10 forums. *Smile

I don't believe there are any keyboard short cuts for that yet. However, I wouldn't be surprised if Microsoft adds them in the near future.

-Chuck

Chuck38, Mar 25, 2015
  5. I'm not sure if there are dedicated shortcuts but...

Win Key + Tab and then press Tab again, you can now add a new desktop by pressing Enter or use Left / Right keys to move and select another desktop.

If that makes sense lol

Using the above method i don't need to touch my mouse *Smile

JDobbsy1987, Mar 25, 2015
  6. Edwin New Member
    WIN+CTRL+D to create a new desktop,
    WIN+CTRL+F4 to close an existing desktop,
    WIN+CTRL+Left or Right Arrows to switch between desktops.

Edwin, Mar 25, 2015
  7. Awesome Shortcuts!

JDobbsy1987, Mar 25, 2015
  8. Chuck38 Win User

Multiple desktops

*Thumbs

Chuck38, Mar 25, 2015
  9. badrobot Win User
    Good one!
    Do you use those virtual desktops yourself? My 4th monitor is always off now. I barely use it. *Smile

badrobot, Mar 25, 2015
  10. Edwin New Member
    Not really. Haven't had the need to, I guess.

Edwin, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Multiple desktops

1. Multiple desktops - Similar Threads - Multiple desktops

2. Prevent switching between multiple virtual desktops when opening a file associated with an...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Prevent switching between multiple virtual desktops when opening a file associated with an...: The multiple virtual desktop feature is, in theory, a great idea but I run into a consistent issue with it. Lets say I have Excel open on "Desktop 1". I then create a new desktop, "Desktop 2". If I double click on an Excel file while using Desktop 2, Windows switches me back...
  3. Prevent switching between multiple virtual desktops when opening a file associated with an...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Prevent switching between multiple virtual desktops when opening a file associated with an...: The multiple virtual desktop feature is, in theory, a great idea but I run into a consistent issue with it. Lets say I have Excel open on "Desktop 1". I then create a new desktop, "Desktop 2". If I double click on an Excel file while using Desktop 2, Windows switches me back...
  4. Can I permanently save my multiple desktops?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I permanently save my multiple desktops?: Is there a way to keep multiple desktops active even after shut down or restarting my computer. It seems like the multiple desktop feature only works if your computer will be on sleep mode but if you restart or shutdown, all your windows are put back into a single...
  5. Can I permanently save my multiple desktops?

Can I permanently save my multiple desktops?: Is there a way to keep multiple desktops active even after shut down or restarting my computer. It seems like the multiple desktop feature only works if your computer will be on sleep mode but if you restart or shutdown, all your windows are put back into a single...
  6. Syncing Multiple Desktops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Syncing Multiple Desktops: Hi!I thought I remembered during the launch of Win11, they mentioned the multiple desktops would now be sync-able across PCs. Is this accurate? If so, how can I enable this, so that the multiple desktops on my laptop sync with my desktop? And further, is there a third-party...
  7. Syncing Multiple Desktops

Syncing Multiple Desktops: Hi!I thought I remembered during the launch of Win11, they mentioned the multiple desktops would now be sync-able across PCs. Is this accurate? If so, how can I enable this, so that the multiple desktops on my laptop sync with my desktop? And further, is there a third-party...
  8. Desktop icons when signing into multiple domain joined computers with folder redirection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop icons when signing into multiple domain joined computers with folder redirection: we have multiple computers joined to a windows server domain with desktop redirection setup. However, not every computer has the same software installed and although each person has their own dedicated computer to use sometimes they need to sign into another computer and if...
  9. Desktop icons when signing into multiple domain joined computers with folder redirection

Desktop icons when signing into multiple domain joined computers with folder redirection: we have multiple computers joined to a windows server domain with desktop redirection setup. However, not every computer has the same software installed and although each person has their own dedicated computer to use sometimes they need to sign into another computer and if...
  10. Multiple display of two desktop screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple display of two desktop screen: I have extended my screen into another screen and I am using two desktop in my laptop. How can I see one desktop screen in laptop and another desktop screen in another screen. At present I am only able to share one same desktop screen into another screen and whenever I change...