Windows 10: Multiple devices showing same recovery key

Discus and support Multiple devices showing same recovery key in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; A technician today was installing a brand new motherboard on my laptop after a failure. When he got to the critical phase of recovering the laptop, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Keph7, Jun 30, 2022.

1. Keph7 Win User

Multiple devices showing same recovery key

A technician today was installing a brand new motherboard on my laptop after a failure. When he got to the critical phase of recovering the laptop, the recovery key provided under my microsoft account turned out to be incorrect. So i started a long and painful research into this issue. I eventually noticed that my account has several devices, laptops , xbox one, and desktops. The very strange thing is that under "devices" they were all uniquely identified with their specific names. But once i selected the details of any of them to get the recovery key, the new window shows they all have the s

:)

Keph7, Jun 30, 2022

2. android recovery and kernel.img

IF you cannot enter ADB then your drivers are not working. Download the proper drivers for the device and do adb.exe devices to see if it shows anything

brandonwh64, Jun 30, 2022
  3. android recovery and kernel.img

For thouse who CAN help...:I can't enter adb (device not recognized), can't flash using stock recovery (don't really know the steps and stuck at triage and dead android when in recovery),

ELiTRiGG3R, Jun 30, 2022
  4. Tenforo Active Member

Lumia 640XL needing recovery key

Hi Alfred,

To get the recovery key, please follow the steps below:

1. Log in to your Microsoft account in a PC browser: https://account.microsoft.com/.
    2. Click on the "Devices" tab and then the "Your devices" option on the drop down menu. Scroll to your device.
    3. The option should appear in the device listing to see the recovery code.

Update us on the result.

Tenforo, Jun 30, 2022
Thema:

1. Multiple devices showing same recovery key - Similar Threads - Multiple devices showing

2. Multiple devices showing same recovery key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple devices showing same recovery key: A technician today was installing a brand new motherboard on my laptop after a failure. When he got to the critical phase of recovering the laptop, the recovery key provided under my microsoft account turned out to be incorrect. So i started a long and painful research into...
  3. Bitlocker: is the USB startup key the same as the recovery key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker: is the USB startup key the same as the recovery key?: Hi guys,I want to encrypt my computer with bitlocker, using the USB startup key.But when my computer gets stolen, the disk can be put inside another computer. Can the plain text visible startup key on the USB then unlock the drive? Or are these keys different?Thanks!Tonka....
  4. Bitlocker: is the USB startup key the same as the recovery key?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker: is the USB startup key the same as the recovery key?: Hi guys,I want to encrypt my computer with bitlocker, using the USB startup key.But when my computer gets stolen, the disk can be put inside another computer. Can the plain text visible startup key on the USB then unlock the drive? Or are these keys different?Thanks!Tonka....
  5. Device is listed in MS Account, but not showing Bitlocker Recovery Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Device is listed in MS Account, but not showing Bitlocker Recovery Key: I am trying to fix the black screen problem on my Windows 10 tablet when booting and can't get through to the Windows login screen. The black screen appeared after doing a Windows update. When trying to reset in Windows Recovery Environment, I am prompted for the Bitlocker...
  6. Device is listed in MS Account, but not showing Bitlocker Recovery Key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Device is listed in MS Account, but not showing Bitlocker Recovery Key: I am trying to fix the black screen problem on my Windows 10 tablet when booting and can't get through to the Windows login screen. The black screen appeared after doing a Windows update. When trying to reset in Windows Recovery Environment, I am prompted for the Bitlocker...
  7. Device Manager multiple of the same items

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Device Manager multiple of the same items: Hello,In my device manager I have a bunch of the same items. I have 3 of the same keyboards, 2 mice, and 6 processors that show under the different category. How do I get rid of all these duplicates?Jim...
  8. Same device appearing multiple times

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Same device appearing multiple times: I have recently installed a new Philips 43PUS8555/12 smart TV which is connected to my router via 5.0 GHz Wi-Fi. My desktop PC is connected to my router via ethernet cable and when I look at the Devices and Printers / Multimedia Devices area I see the 43PUS8555/12 listed 44...
  9. Bluetooth with multiple devices of the same name.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth with multiple devices of the same name.: I'm trying to connect 2 ps4 controllers to my PC over Bluetooth. If I connect one it no longer detects the other. I think it might be because they are both named "Wireless Controller" How do I fix this? submitted by /u/bobbisrex99 [link] [comments]...
  10. The BitLocker recovery key it's the same as the product key?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    The BitLocker recovery key it's the same as the product key?: Hi, if I need to restart my pc in safe mode and I need Bitlocker recovery key, it's the same as the product key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-bitlocker-recovery-key-its-the-same-as-the/5be074de-5f22-4814-8f80-3e5d4cc5aa2e